Welocalize Maps Quality Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 3 reviews

3.9
Welocalize CEO Smith Yewell
Smith Yewell

"Basic contract work with a brutal grind"

I worked at Welocalize full-time for more than a year

Pros

Regular pay and ability to put a major tech company on your resume

Cons

Second class citizen treatment by regular tech workers, poor pay and benefits, unnecessary metrics and hoops to jump through on basic tasks

Advice to Management

Not much Welocalize can do to alleviate issues, save pay more or provide better benefits.

Welocalize2019-03-06
  2. "Good starting point"

I worked at Welocalize full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was fair for the job that we were doing Flexible hours Work/Life Balance (once you leave the building you don't have to worry about your work) Working on-site at tech leading company Friendly co-workers and management

Cons

Very minimum career growth working on the same tasks over and over again

Advice to Management

Invest more into your lower level employees

Welocalize2018-01-03

"Maps Quality Analyst - I am still in shock ..."

Former Employee - Maps Quality Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Welocalize for less than a year

Pros

If you don't care about a career in tech and just want to do a job to save up some money, this job might be perfect for you. You get paid in time, do your work, but will never figure out what your work is actually good for. Personally, I liked to work with my market-related team and other knowledgeable but unfortunately unappreciated people. The potential is there, but nobody uses it.

Cons

If you are actually looking for a career in tech or any related field, this job does not help you to gain any knowledge nor develop a skill-set in QA or Data Analysis. - You judge random queries according to made-up guidelines, where you will never figure out, what the actual QA-process is good for. You just can assume if you have some technical knowledge or a field-related study. Calling this job a QA job or putting...

Advice to Management

It is not Welocalizes fault, that this office is run so poorly. Wrong people got put in the wrong positions and create an obscene frustration for the entire staff. Interviews and an actual look into their resumes would have been great beforehand. Things can get better, but definitely not this way.

Welocalize2016-08-11