Wendy's Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

3.3
Wendy's President and Chief Executive Officer Todd Penegor (no image)
Todd Penegor
1,046 Ratings
Pros
  • "Good working environment, fast paced(in 237 reviews)

• "free food flexible hours loved coworkers(in 232 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, frustrating customers daily(in 209 reviews)

• "You’re getting paid minimum wage(in 181 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wendy's and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

line cook

May 10, 2021 - Maintenance in West Plains, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

great owner to work for and good people to work with.

Cons

there are none that ive experienced.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall Bad For My Mental Health

Mar 14, 2021 - Crew Member in Medford, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The discount you get on the food is pretty good, and in my experience, most managers would bend the rules sometimes to let you use it off the clock.

Cons

It was my first job, and it was awful. Not every day was a total nightmare, but a lot were. I had a few good coworkers and kind managers that made staying worthit. Radically different experience depending on which managers were working, which I'm sure is true of most places like this, but at my store, there wasn't much oversight of that. There were literally zero breaks unless it was the unpaid ones that you had to clock out for, we were regularly understaffed, customers were often racist to our mostly immigrant staff and abusive to the young people working there as well and we didn't get much backup. It was really grueling, the place was always filthy no matter how much we cleaned, and speed trumped quality every time. I had a customer threaten my life over a chicken sandwich and just had to keep working. I routinely cried after work. I'm very thankful to be economically privileged enough that I could leave that job to go to college and work towards a different career and say things like "I'll never work in food again," but a lot of people who worked there were not in that position and no one deserves that experience. At the very least, don't work there until they start raising the wages.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good as a starting job, not much else

May 11, 2021 - Wendy's Crew Member in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get half off, sometimes, free Wendy's