Wendy's Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Todd Penegor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They started me off at minimum wage (in 133 reviews)

• Can be long hours and stressful (in 109 reviews)

1. "It was okay."

Former Employee - Crew Member in Woodbury Heights, NJ
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Woodbury Heights, NJ

I worked at Wendy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was easy to get in, and you also get 50% off meals (although I did not eat there). Some of the people there were very nice. It also gave me work experience and experience using the cash register.

Cons

It always kinda felt dirty there, and I didn't get many hours even though I was available quite a bit. The grease is also a downside.

Advice to Management

Care more about the customer and pay attention to your employees that are newer and maybe quieter

2. "Don't get promoted, too much drama will ensue, trust me!"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It pays the bills if you get bumped up to management, but...

Cons

All my GM does is talk dirt on me to the rest of her daytime crew now that her boss gave me a raise from $10 to $11 an hour (mind you, I'm a shift supervisor who started out as a 7 month pregnant crew member) and make snarky comments about how much better I'd be if I worked on her shift. I have to deal with teenagers all day who, mind you, aren't all terrible. Some are pretty cool. They're there to do their job and earn what they need to get through life and pay their bills. But some are too stoned to give a flying rat's tail and just stay on their phones all day. Can't even be arsed to sweep!

I can't wait to leave. Been there for 13 months and ever since I got my promotion/raise, all it's been is DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA not only from my GM's daytime crew, but from the GM herself! It's not worth it. Plus, it's impossible to have a family life and my academic career is difficult to manage since I'm one of the closing managers. (Did I mention one of the shift supervisors never even runs shifts? It's up to me, the other shift supervisor, and the co-GM. Talk about understaffed! And don't get me started on how understaffed our crew is! Plus, so many of them are leaving in a couple of months.)

Advice to Management

Don't gossip about your managers to your own crew members! Crew members shouldn't know those sort of things about their bosses! And, GMs? Don't spend the first hour of a shift supervisor's shift yelling at them about everything that they did wrong last week when they have had the last three days off and have had nothing to do with the store during that time. You're driving everyone away. So yes, when you said "I feel like some of the crew members hate me", you're not too far from the truth. Maybe they wouldn't have such strong negative feelings for you if you weren't so negative towards them. You're scaring them!

3. "Wouldn't work here unless you had to"

Former Employee - Crew Member in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Crew Member in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Wendy's full-time

Pros

The work was pretty simple, and the hours were consistent.

Cons

The location I worked at was very understaffed, and one of the managers was hostile. The pay was barely more than minimum wage. The work was exhausting. (partially due to understaffing, partially due to dealing with customers) Some of my co-workers were either lazy or didn't care.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more. It will help people actually want to work here (Fixing the understaffing) and it will help people actually care about their work.

4. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Responsibilities within the restaurant and employees

Cons

Resolving bad experiences with customers and there service

5. "I'm new"

Current Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Palm Bay, FL
    Current Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My friends work there and i got the job so we could work together not because I wanted to work there

Cons

Not really any cons to be honest just don't understand how breaks work and if i should be given one

Advice to Management

Chill

6. "Working"

I worked at Wendy's part-time

Pros

ok for teens and early 20's, Discount on food.

Cons

Underpaid for all the things you have to do..kitchen,cashier and cleaning filthy bathroom at the end of the busy day.

Advice to Management

pay your employers more..or Hire janitors.

7. "Not recommended"

Former Employee - Cashier in Cleveland, TN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Cleveland, TN

I worked at Wendy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours. Customers were great.

Cons

Alot of drug activity. Low pay. Employees were rude and always had something bad to say about everyone

Advice to Management

Chose your employees wisely.

8. "Not a bad job while in school"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Logan, UT
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Logan, UT

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are fun to work with and you can have fun while getting a lot of work done as long as you are a hard worker.

Cons

Some managers and co-workers can be really lazy and will pin all of their work on you and just complain when you don't get your stuff done.

Advice to Management

Step up when it needs to be done instead of pawning it off to someone else.

9. "Very disorganized business."

Pros

50% off. decent coworkers, you get hours but they're long and too many.

Cons

management is terrible. out of 4, one quit, the other 2 want to because of the GM. we are always out of atleast 2 things and if you give them an inch they take a mile (especially if you're nice). they'll have you take a lot of other people's shifts who call out, everyone is very very unreliable. coworkers would not show up or walk out on a weekly basis but managers won't fire them because they're already short staffed. my 2 managers who haven't quite yet are very very nice and respected but along with that they can also take advantage in terms of hours and workload (partially not their fault- we don't have enough people applying.)

10. "I feel like i was used and abused once i was promoted to a salary manager."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Wendy's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can move up in rank very quick. I went from crew to management within 6 montgs

Cons

Once a salary manager they take advantage of your time and dedication.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your quality employees.

Showing 491 of 2,860 reviews