Werner Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

C.L. Werner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Not always home during home time (in 23 reviews)

• Low pay to start, get's somewhat better (in 21 reviews)

1. "RPG Enterprise Architect"

Current Employee - RPG Enterprise Architect in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - RPG Enterprise Architect in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not very hard work and laid back

Cons

Poor management and management treats employees badly at time.

2. "Overall decent company"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Allentown, PA

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great running vehicles, consistent miles with pretty good pay. Very good at responding to drivers with truck issues. Will bend over backwards to ensure their drivers are safe. Allows pets at a cost.

Cons

Pet fee is kind of high plus they take 5$/week too have pet on truck. Overall spent almost 3 years with the company and that's about the only con I could come up with.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Maybe offer more local job on the east coast..

"Great Company But Some Directors Lack Integrity"

Former Employee - N Etwork Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - N Etwork Analyst in Omaha, NE

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Werner is a dynamic company where people with a passion for what they do can excel. There are oftentimes many opportunities to directly impact the direction of the company and many people in positions of leadership, are willing to listen and take recommendations from people who are out in the field, making things happen.

The Senior Leadership really cares for the Drivers and for the Employees. The company has always kept an eye out for the overall health of the company but the well being of the employees as well.

It is a great company to work for in many regards. The pros definitely outweighed the negatives, but the few negatives there were, are so outrageous, they may cost the company a large number of quality employees if things aren't changed.

Cons

Middle Management/Lower Managers have zero integrity. They are liars. They will lie to the employees and then lie to Senior Management to protect their jobs. There are a few Managers that put their Directors & Vice Presidents in unfortunate situations where decisions have to be made that are detrimental to the employees. There are instances of Managers boasting to their employees that they are "untouchable" because it will be their word against the employees. Unfortunately, that is true. It's a tragedy that good employees have their names besmirched by Managers that have a track record of employees leaving the company, based solely on that Managers behaviors. Until Werner addresses this issue, there will be many outstanding, award winning & recognized employees leaving the company to pursue other interests. It's unfair to Werner because it paints an outstanding company as not having the willingness to verify and authenticate the behavior of people they have entrusted to lead others.

Advice to Management

Review the records of Mid-Level Directors & Supervisors. Review complaints about certain managers. Look at the employment records of former employees, especially ones that have suddenly resigned recently. Compare the history of complaints against these Managers and take note of any patterns of behavior or common complaints. Recognize that a great company has Managers & Directors that are willing to lie and vilify others in order to protect their jobs. Find those that feel they are untouchable and remove them. The company is worth much more than the damage a person with zero integrity will ever have.

"Family dollar account, OTR driver."

Former Employee - Family Dollar Account, and OTR Driver in Rome, NY
    Former Employee - Family Dollar Account, and OTR Driver in Rome, NY

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get paid for working on dollar account. Pro would be it gets you close to home for down time. OTR if ur in the click! You will get the loads and miles.

Cons

Like dealing with people that think thete your boss? Try some of the stores next to the dollar stores.I've had to call the police on one grocery store mgr. If you dont know what your doing, dont ask family dollar for help. You'll be waiting till theres moss on your north side. Some of the road side people know what there doing. Not many. OTR pay is very low. I worked at werner for 2 years. Brought my truck back after being back out over the road for one week. Thats how bad my new dispatcher was.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look into your load planning dept. When your drivers dropping a trailor make sure theres an empty they can pick up? It seems to me werner, hates drivers that stand up for there license. Oh and stop putting false accidents on your drivers dac report. If you stand up for your drivers you would be able to keep drivers. Seems to be a revolving door at werner? That how we keep the company CSA ratings clean?

5. "Werner Pros &Cons"

Current Employee - Company Team Driver in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Company Team Driver in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big company , will work with your home time, good benefits, plenty of loads.

Cons

The cpm is less than most carriers,no paid holidays for drivers, even teams will sit at times waiting to get a load.

Advice to Management

Keep your teams moving, after all its why they are teaming. Review your cpm pay and compare to competition.

"A stepping stone but not career worthy"

Pros

They hire new CDL drivers. Reliable trucks. It's a job that pays the bills while you gain CDL experience.

Cons

They promise you things and don't deliver. You are a hamster on a wheel. No sick time. No vacation time. Benefits are high deductible type plans. You're talked down to from dispatch. If you need time off it's a huge problem. No local routes. Only 36-48hrs of home time per week.

Advice to Management

Invest in and respect your drivers. They are the backs of the company.

7. "Driver trainer"

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time

Pros

Good money and have lots of work

Cons

Sucks never being home unless you live in an area that has good dedicated accounts.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Very happy.

8. "dedicated truck driver"

Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they care about the driver

Cons

like any other big company, theres no too much to expect about the pay increase

"OTR for Werner is a Joke"

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I did not find any Pros. And since I’m required a minimum of 20 words I will reiterate that I found nothing good about working for this corporate company.

Cons

During training you’ll get paid the same low rate whether your sitting on your butt in the hotel or driving 600+ miles a day.

No APUs. Meaning you’ll blow your wallet and belt eating fast food and truck stop food for weeks on end. They “allow” a 150 watt inverter which isn’t much more then enough to charge a phone in your cab.

The insurance coverage WON’T allow you to add a partner to your coverage if your not married.

Recruiters are basically pushers and lie to you about everything, they only care about getting your butt into a truck.

No Detention pay at all. Expect 2-6 hour average loading and unloading times without pay.

They run you raw. Don’t expect ample time to deliver trucks and don’t expect taking a 34 hour reset after 7 days. You’ll be expected to drive weeks at a time on recap.

Horrible company, horrible experience I will never drive for Werner again, and highly recommend you don’t either...

Advice to Management

End the corporate attitude and treat your drivers like people with names.

10. "Atmosphere Varies Greatly by Department"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depends on the department. I have worked in 2 departments. Overall, leadership is very open to hearing what you need and making an honest effort to help.

Cons

I feel like there is a low ceiling financially. The PTO package is not great. All of my friends/family have much more time off with their companies.

Advice to Management

Management is honestly great. Sharp, hard-working people that command respect but also give it.