Werner Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
C.L. Werner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Not always home during home time (in 25 reviews)

• Low pay to start, get's somewhat better (in 21 reviews)

"Great Company But Some Directors Lack Integrity"

Former Employee - N Etwork Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - N Etwork Analyst in Omaha, NE

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Werner is a dynamic company where people with a passion for what they do can excel. There are oftentimes many opportunities to directly impact the direction of the company and many people in positions of leadership, are willing to listen and take recommendations from people who are out in the field, making things happen.

The Senior Leadership really cares for the Drivers and for the Employees. The company has always kept an eye out for the overall health of the company but the well being of the employees as well.

It is a great company to work for in many regards. The pros definitely outweighed the negatives, but the few negatives there were, are so outrageous, they may cost the company a large number of quality employees if things aren't changed.

Cons

Middle Management/Lower Managers have zero integrity. They are liars. They will lie to the employees and then lie to Senior Management to protect their jobs. There are a few Managers that put their Directors & Vice Presidents in unfortunate situations where decisions have to be made that are detrimental to the employees. There are instances of Managers boasting to their employees that they are "untouchable" because it will be their word against the employees. Unfortunately, that is true. It's a tragedy that good employees have their names besmirched by Managers that have a track record of employees leaving the company, based solely on that Managers behaviors. Until Werner addresses this issue, there will be many outstanding, award winning & recognized employees leaving the company to pursue other interests. It's unfair to Werner because it paints an outstanding company as not having the willingness to verify and authenticate the behavior of people they have entrusted to lead others.

Advice to Management

Review the records of Mid-Level Directors & Supervisors. Review complaints about certain managers. Look at the employment records of former employees, especially ones that have suddenly resigned recently. Compare the history of complaints against these Managers and take note of any patterns of behavior or common complaints. Recognize that a great company has Managers & Directors that are willing to lie and vilify others in order to protect their jobs. Find those that feel they are untouchable and remove them. The company is worth much more than the damage a person with zero integrity will ever have.

2. "Excellent Employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to see the country.

Cons

Requires long work load and hours.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

3. "Excellent company to start your truck driving career."

Former Employee - CDL Driver
    Former Employee - CDL Driver

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started at Werner as a student. I learned more about trucks as a student than I did in school. The pay day advances help me tremendously when I needed them. I am grateful to the 3 trainers I had, they made sure I knew everything I would need to be on my own. As a n ambitious person it is a grate company to grow with. I feel the support from most everyone I came in contact with was helpful and supportive.

Cons

Really strict on fellows I loved this company and gave it my all and no one there could find a way to hire my fiance that happens to be a felon, his conviction being over 10 yrs old and still not being hired is the only reason I had to leave. We went to truck driving school to drive together, I found Werner and worked there 8 months and loving every minute of it. However my personal life was falling apart because he could not take being away from me more than 2wks . We are now at another company that sucks only because they hired him.

Advice to Management

Have a heart and review the felon thing.

4. "Very good opportunity"

Pros

Willing to help and get going.

Cons

Not really much to say.

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "Lost in the System"

Current Employee - Tractor Trailer Driver in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Tractor Trailer Driver in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a comprehensive training program and do everything they need to to keep their nose clean with DOT. The few leaders within the company you do meet actually seem to care about doing their jobs well, though this gets lost in translation. They offer decent starting CPM and enticing bonuses on the "Dollar" accounts(Dollar General/Family Dollar).

Cons

The recruiters out of Omaha lie through their teeth over how long it will take for new drivers to be "promoted" to a full driver. Good intentions or not, their system is so backed up with fresh blood(read: high turnover) that you will wait... and wait -with no real justification or respect for your time. They just keep moving the goalpost further away, every step of the way. Meanwhile, you wonder why you didn't just take a delivery route in your hometown, or drive a tanker in the oilfield, at least you'd have money. Anticipate 7-8 weeks on board a Trainer's truck, collecting a modest salary. High injury and backing accident rate on the Dollar delivery accounts, kept a bit hush-hush.

Advice to Management

Make your words and deeds consistent and maybe you'll hold on to talent

6. "Worst most inconsiderate drivers on road!"

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time

Pros

Terrible drivers that don't care and have no consideration for other fellow drivers

Cons

Blocking fuel island. Need more training

Advice to Management

Hope drivers on truck 68559 get some training on where to take their 30min breaks instead of blocking the fuel island.

7. "Ok company to drive for but I wish the pay was higher."

Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dispatchers on AB account are good to work with and the equipment is 2016 or newer. They plan on upgrading to brand new automatic peterbuilts soon.

Cons

You will not get paid more than .33c per mile and the minimum pay is dependent on if you work a whole day or take off early.

8. "Nice people, bad process"

Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Denver, CO

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great and seem to really care about the drivers and safety. They walk the walk not just talk the talk

Cons

Do background BEFORE you have people come down. You are willing to pay for bus ticket and hotel, but not a background check?

Advice to Management

Be more upfront about what is expected, everything!

9. "Dollar Tree Account"

Current Employee - Dollar Tree Driver/Unloader in Midwest, WY
    Current Employee - Dollar Tree Driver/Unloader in Midwest, WY

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, decent with truck integrity, my FM works hard to keep me happy. Leniency on where, and if I choose to fuel. Payroll department is proactive.

Cons

If you drop your empty after to 1400hr payroll deadline, on Teusdays, that trip won't show until the following week, even if you submitted the trip paks long before the deadline. Otherwise, nothing.

Advice to Management

No complaints

10. "Not a bad Company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent equipment! Fast and excellent service to keep you on the road.

Cons

Better know what you're getting into before you choose this life.

Advice to Management

Warner is very professional. As a past company driver I'd recommend ya.

Supply all your tractors wIth APU's 😎. I was lucky. When I drove for you I had a APU on the the Tractor. Makes life a little easier.

Appreciated your pet policy. Makes a difference.