Werner Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 7, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
C.L. Werner

Pros
  • Good company to work for treat you like family (in 11 reviews)

• Had a great dispatcher, good benefits, and there was room for growth (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay to start, get's somewhat better (in 20 reviews)

• Most of the accounts are on the east coast and the home time is crap (in 18 reviews)

"Dedicated driver"

Current Employee - Driver in South Boston, VA
    Current Employee - Driver in South Boston, VA

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have good maintenance so they don't get tickets.

Cons

They play with your money, they play with your hours, they make a lot of money by screwing their employee's.

Advice to Management

Get some real world perspective and understand that they need to treat their employee's better.

2. "co driver"

Former Employee - Co Driver in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - Co Driver in Fontana, CA

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice terminals good equipment free lunch

Cons

little guidence poor trainers little pay

Advice to Management

better instructors more classroom time

3. "they warehouse student drivers"

Current Employee - Driver Trainee in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Driver Trainee in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the pay on the dedicated accounts really isnt bad for training. the trucks are fairly nice

Cons

they warehouse students at allentown, pa. no opportunity for training while at allentown. two days of orientation and then you sit and do nothing for WEEKS. constant lies. recruiting is going to tell you that you will sit for a day or two and be driving. as i said WEEKS. the student driver manager will also tell you exactly what you want to hear. full of lies and dishonesty. if this is how they treat the student program i can only imagine what its like to actually work for them. im going to try my odds elsewhere. dishonesty sucks

i cannot say anything bad about the company otherwise just be aware they are not honest people. they will tell you what you want to hear not factual information.

Advice to Management

quit lying to student drivers. stop telling me exactly what i want to hear how about something that paints an accurate picture. they pay you to sit. sitting for weeks is not a healthy lifestyle. this hotel sucks and the rooms smell like an old ashtray

how about sending me to a facility that will actually give me some training while i wait. i have had enough of this allentown, pa hole in the wall. they send 1/3 of their students here but have no facilities for backing, simulators, or any other additional training while you wait.

"New to the industry and not happy"

Current Employee - Company Driver in Lithia Springs, GA
    Current Employee - Company Driver in Lithia Springs, GA

Pros

They have a nice hotel and they cover the usual stuff, such as a Greenhouse ticket to go and stand your butt for 3 hours in the freezing cold.

Cons

Liars. Sign on bonus incorrect and if you have to go home and wait for a trainer you forfeit your sign on bonus to many new hires and no trainers so your literally sitting on your butt for WEEKS! waiting on a trainer to show up.

Also they removed the generators from their trucks and you can only have up to a 150 watt poor inverter. The cigarette lighter kind, so you get NO options for entertainment to keep the evenings bearable.

C.L Werner is not the CEO any longer and the new person sucks.

Advice to Management

Don't be lairs and cheats to get people in the door and in a compromising situation. Let's see stick this out to feed my family or move on and lose weeks of invested time.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Monday - Friday for most Management jobs

Cons

Horrible training program !! Management is inconsistent and incompetent. Promotions are based off favoritism not qualifications.

7. "Home Depot Dedicated account"

Former Employee - Cdl A Driver in Eastover, SC
    Former Employee - Cdl A Driver in Eastover, SC

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Home almost every night and every weekend with good pay.

Cons

Being fired for receiving two traffic tickets 2 months apart whenI hadn't even been to court for the first one. Both tickets were reduced to non-moving violations. Werner trashed my DAC Report reporting I was terminated for "Unsatisfactory safety reasons".

Advice to Management

You shouldn't just fire someone before they've had their day in court. A verbal or written warning? Even 6 months probation or one month suspension would have sufficed.

8. "Not the best option"

Former Employee - Driver in Middleburg, FL
    Former Employee - Driver in Middleburg, FL

I worked at Werner Enterprises (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent work, but then its truck driving and in demand.
    The dispatchers are kind, so long as you don't constantly bother them.

Cons

There are far better companies out there willing to pay what you're worth, and offer you compensation on down time.
    There were times when dispatchers would argue with me over their mistake, or flat out ignore me, and then give me short runs because i called them on it.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your drivers than you do your dispatch. There is no reason to ignore a driver

9. "Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full-service terminal in my city.

Cons

Only person who cared at all was my driver manager. Outside of him, I dealt with nothing but hate and lousy attitudes. Of all the companies i have worked at since a teenager, this was the absolute worst company I've ever known. Not just trucking companies, but ALL companies.

Advice to Management

Sell the entire thing to Swift.

10. "Great company but pay is not competitive at all"

Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Omaha, NE

I worked at Werner Enterprises (Less than a year)

Pros

they have different departments for any issues you may come across which is helpful. But that may be a contributor in the low pay. Also everyone is very friendly.

Cons

Got paid $20 to tarp a load, and then .28 cents per mile. You'll get better pay as an UBER driver.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay. Melton starts out at .41 cent per mile. And they pick up broker loads just the same way as you do.

11. "bad treatment"

Former Employee - Driver in Severna Park, MD
    Former Employee - Driver in Severna Park, MD

I worked at Werner Enterprises (More than a year)

Pros

takes on brand new drivers

Cons

Lower pay especially when starting out as a new driver. Only 300$/week when starting out during their 8 week "training period". I got home only once every month or 2 for a day and a half. When I asked to get home for doctors appointments I started getting really bad runs and my income dropped drastically. I spent Easter, thanksgiving and one Christmas in a parking lot instead of going home. I came to believe that they relied on new drivers to make extra money because of the drivers that I met, drivers with more than 2 years were rare. I make more money elsewhere

Advice to Management

When you treat your employees wrong and break all the recruiters promises you get a really bad reputation.