Werner Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
C.L. Werner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "I lost any respect that I had for this company"

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and professional training for Safety Personnel. Decent access to computer based training.

Cons

The company has filled itself with personnel who have no transportation/trucking backgrounds, the managers by and large have no empathy and cannot have empathy for the drivers (the people who generate the revenue). Company is a sausage grinder and place drivers who are under-trained an inexperienced into equipment that is not spec'd and designed to safety do the job. The result is that far too many drivers end their careers there before they can get started. Training is chopshop and not completed. Trainers are mostly drivers who have been conned into training for money and do not have the skills nor aptitude to train drivers.

Advice to Management

Listen to the experienced people, spec equipment properly so the drivers can do their jobs without incidents and accidents that cost them their careers

2. "sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Laredo, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Laredo, TX

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time

Pros

The salaries are above average

Cons

micro managing. unfriendly environment sometimes unprofessional.

"Company is fine for training and coming into the industry. Has many accounts to try."

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of terminals with showers. Decent training

Cons

I was blamed for accident that i did not commit. Had to go back to location of accident and have the person who reported the accident inform Werner it was another driver. Werner did not take the time to investigate the accident property, they assumed it was me because i dropped a load off the same day. After 4 months.

Advice to Management

None, they are doing the job that is ask by the company senior team. If you have a problem with management then become a manager. As a driver get the experience and move on.

4. "Stay away"

Former Employee - Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Driver in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Werner Enterprise keeps up with their trucks and also they have good truck mechanics first drivers students

Cons

Werner does not care about the driver and I am not just saying this you will just have to experience for yourself don't get me wrong one or does has good things about them but I have seen too many times that one or talk down upon their drivers they make up things and put you in a bad situation on your DAC report please stay away from this company especially if you are an experienced driver there are way more better options.

Advice to Management

my advice to management is to live up to their slogan water slogan is one or cares but I have seen too many times in cases that water treats their employees like they are nothing but a truck number and not as a person I would definitely investigate the Atlanta terminal because there is a lady who is in charge of the safety department black African American she has the most disrespectful attitude I have seen she talks to you like you work for her but at the same time we all work for the same company

5. "Billing Research Specialist"

Former Employee - Billing Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Billing Analyst in Omaha, NE

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

every other Friday off ( work the 8 hours spread out over the other 9 days), cafeteria, casual dress code

Cons

you are paid for 40 hours and they expect you to work 50 + to be seen as a " good" employee ( not a great one), any criticism you have puts a target on your back if it is voiced. Nepotism throughout, made up positions for the Werner family with no hard work done to deserve the new position. Pay is terrible, benefits are ok at best.

Advice to Management

Realize that hard working employees deserve better, don't always focus on the negative otherwise everyone's out look will always be negative.

6. "Driver"

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at Werner Enterprises (More than a year)

Pros

Good miles sometimes, some weeks I'll get over 3k miles

Cons

Miles, lots of shag runs and 2k miles weeks, never got home on time for home time, no apu, no power inverter, dispatch doesn't know your name, trucks are a hassle to get fixed.

Advice to Management

ALLOW POWER INVERTERS!!!

7. "Werner care's? Um about the drivers out west."

Current Employee - Driver in Rome, NY
    Current Employee - Driver in Rome, NY

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Do your job, you get the pay. They keep there trucks up for the most part. Most of the management care if you contact them. Omaha that is.

Cons

Stay away from other werner drivers on the road, some like to try running other werner drivers off the roads? If you drive in the Northeast region, they cant do anything for you from Omaha after hours. If your thinking about a dollar account? Don't do it!

Advice to Management

Worry more about standing dehind your drivers, Not the company store. Some of the people behind the desk should have truck time lol.

8. "No integrity, problems with pay again"

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time

Pros

Very nice to your face

Cons

They lied to me from the start and I didn't know it until it all started to fall apart. Lied about pay, lied about position, entire experience was negative and when it all fell apart they were scrambling to point out how it was supposedly my fault.

Advice to Management

If you make a commitment keep it, stop selling a bill of goods that's already rotten

9. "Good and bad"

Current Employee - OTR Driver
    Current Employee - OTR Driver

Pros

Great starter company if you're looking to get into the industry

Cons

Have big issue with meeting home time request times, especially if you're national guard or reserve

Advice to Management

Stay on top of your trip planning especially when home time is for military duty.

10. "Truck driver"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is ok, but as much as you work. You might as well find a job that pays $15 an hour and work overtime

Cons

Not loyal or considerate to the drivers. And you work very long hours. And you are only home 1 or 2 days a week. Sometimes less