Werner Enterprises Employee Reviews about "werner"

Updated Nov 4, 2021

Found 103 of over 982 reviews

3.6
Werner Enterprises Chairman and CEO  C.L. Werner (no image)
C.L. Werner

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "site cafeteria was a great benefit to have for those days when you forget to bring your lunch.(in 38 reviews)
  • "The people who work here are good people.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Miles and training are good they will get you the experience you need.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Flexibilty and Good money.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Great leadership(in 7 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Werner Enterprises and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "werner"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Safety is first! They really care about you ! You are not just a number

Oct 21, 2021 - Class A Truck Driver in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Literally one of the best companies to work for! They really care about your safety and wanting you to feel like they care! Christopher Balster at the Dallas Texas terminal was so kind and helpful when I had trouble with my trainer. He was reassuring and caring! If you are looking for a company that puts safety first go BLUE WITH WERNER! Training pay is the highest I’ve seen!!

Cons

I don’t have any conns

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A little lean in the pocket

Oct 14, 2021 - OTR Truck Driver in Lehigh Valley, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Werner issues new trucks to drivers with excellent driving records . The miles for me are 3000 or more . No complaints there ! My transportation manager is bang up . The staff at Werner in all the terminals I have been to have professional attitudes and knowledge . I like Werner i'm staying . But would like to see more improvements . I would like to be an owner operator and pull for Werner . It's nice to stay with one company and retire if its worth it . RIGHT !

Cons

I'm a little lean in the pocket for all the miles and jobs I do , as I don't question any work they send my way. I just do it ! Relocate trailers ,short runs , shags . I just think there should be a little more rewards for people that just do there jobs no questions asked . I think owner operator pay needs to be looked at again . By the time you pay tax and insurance registration and repairs ,let alone wear and tear on your rig , don't forget the payment on the truck Hmmmm . Well you get it. Who wants to be an owner operator and only make a tiny bit more than a company driver . Don't weigh out.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent starter

Nov 4, 2021 - OTR Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Constant work. Even when freight slowed down, Werner kept us moving and making money.

Cons

Lots of Fleet managers don't like to give 34hour resets and will make you run recaps and it gets exhausting without that small break.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good starter company

Aug 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

As long as you work with your FM, they can usually make sure you're taken care of. Newer equipment. Make sure you let your FM know you want more hometime or better pay and they'll try and take care of.

Cons

Broken promises of pay. They'll promise base pay but then will turn around and say you didn't "work enough miles" even though they didn't assign you a load or you were waiting on repairs. Werner promised base pay of $1300 a week for several months, but i can count on my hand how many weeks my teammate and I received that amount even though we were out 2-3 weeks at a time with 2-3 days of home time.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Werner Enterprise

Oct 1, 2021 - Transportation Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, and the ability to travel across the country

Cons

Werner will work you to death, they expect you work minimum 50 hours per week but do not be surprised if you are working closer to 60 hours still at your base salary. Eventually you get decent time off, but it is incredibly hard to use it as it feels like you are always shamed for taking a day off as they do not staff the office correctly. When you work outside of the HQ, you are often forgotten and it clearly shows.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Work Environment

Aug 10, 2021 - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Werner has strong leadership with a lot of room for career advancement as well as training.

Cons

It can be long hours with a lot of added stressors that are outside of your control.

7. 2.0
    Current Intern, more than 1 year

2021

Jun 18, 2021 - Driver in Fontana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have freight. You can work long hours if you want too. You can work otr 48 states. Drive up to Canada. Dollar general. Dollar tree or family dollar same company. Star bucks. Dollar Flex switch you stil unload at family dollar or dollar tree you just travel state to state helping different Distribution centers. We have best buy pays minimum wage in California. All our truck are 2019 and up it's currently 2021 but here's the catch all the trucks are usually damaged from previous drivers or not kept clean by other driver but before you get said truck they clean and detail the truck but you still find dog hair broken lights wires sticking out. My biggest pro is you can get away with anything here. They have so many drivers. That if you take extra days on your home time they won't say anything if your speeding they don't call you and say hey slow down nothing. You can over use Personal convenience.

Cons

I work 14hr sometimes 15 to 17hr a days and yes o get paid for those hours but I'm over my 14hr so I'm working long hours I don't drive over my 14 never but when dollar accounts as long as you make the last stop you can work passed the 14 and do a 10hr reset at the store. It sucks but if you wanna make good money its what you do. I Only go home for a 34hr reset on dollar accounts and it's killing me. I used to be otr so I would be out 4 weeks and get 5 days home but I can't sleep while the truck moves. So I switched accounts. Minimum wage on dollar accounts. not so good otr you get I think 46c for 3 yesrs experience and 50 cents if your trainer. They give you a students with no idea what they're doing. They just the dmv exam. But what's annoying they all think they know how to drive because they have a CDL. After a year no pay raises. Dollar general is 14hr with 15c the mile 50 a trailer and $16 a stop. Family dollar is $15hr $75 a trailer and 19cent the mile. Star bucks is $13 or $14 an hr and 13cent the mile. No stop pay. That's based out of California other states you get paid the miles around 55c to 50c On dollar accounts. Not sure on the unload I years 275 or so but it's probably less. The mechanics are useless in fontana or most werner terminals. Went in to check my brakes one time and they replaced my front bumper on my KW all I needed was my brakes checked. Trucks are really bad. I've worked with different dispatchers and different accounts here. Some of my students after 3 months want to quit and werner will ask em if they wanna be trainers it's so bad image your trainer saying hey can you spot me or help me back up lol. I'm 26 and I've been driving 3 years and 2 months. I wouldn't recommend werner. I've seen them hire someone with a DUI then turn around 3 days after he's on my truck and fire him. Poor guy wasn't drunk he didn't work as a truck drive but he kept his cdl but I think he said you can't have any Alcohol in your system idk the details but they changed they're mind and fired him. I've seen new driver placement lie to new drivers and I have to tell new drivers the truth so they don't get their hopes up. So as a trainer your have to observe your new driver for the first week 100% minimum daily requirements is 5hrs but let's say you started at 5pm. And you drive into the next day. You fail observation because the system doesn't recognize it. I consistently get pulled into safety and when you explain they said I'm sure you know what your doing but here's a paper anyways. If your shut down because of bad weather you just failed the daily observation time if you picked up a student back to back and you go on a 34 mid week you failed observation. Speed werner doesn't care about speeding. Kicked a student off for driving 90mph down a hill I kept warning this guy. His excuse he wanted to pass the truck that once we started going up hill passed us anyways I was asleep and watched his speed on Google maps when I woke up to the truck shaking. They kept that guy and promoted him off my truck. After 1 week with me they gave this man his own truck but you'll fire the DUI guy who took one drink in his personal car and because he had. A cdl he was under the influence ok the cop even let him drive home after the ticket smh. Werner has a new fleet of 2020 internationals but they're always in the shop getting towed they have alot of issues. The biggest issue is pay. Also your truck has to be one truck length away to pass another truck the camera sensor will go off saying your to close and it will lslow your truck down for you before you could override it by stpeing on the accelerator but you can't do that anymore. So now we have to be a whole truck length away to pass other trucks. Sorry. 65 in the petal 68 with the cruise control. The company really sucks

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Typical mega carrier

Aug 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't really think of any pros worth mentioning that other megas don't provide...all the same.

Cons

Everything you know about working for a mega just check off all the boxes with werner.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company!

Apr 29, 2021 - Business Owner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the company atmosphere at Werner!

Cons

Nothing really would be a con

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Bad

Dec 2, 2020 - Driver in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

None. I would argue going to Swift. These people say they're top of the line but I've seen better.

Cons

The Dispatchers are a joke. They are rude and dumb. They will bark first and ask questions later. You have to fight with them to get home and they will "forget" about your home time. They don't pay you for sitting around and you will not be paid to drive hundreds of miles for an MT trailer. They will force you to waste days sitting in a terminal to get your truck forcefully inspected. This company is also filled with liars in all departments. Recruiters will lie through their teeth so that you will come along. Werner will tell you to go somewhere nice and early and then you realize that you didn't have to come early they just say that so you can be there at whatever time they like. Safety will tell you that you have to speak to them and next thing you know you sit around for 2-3 hours just to be told you can call them to do a survey on the phone.

1 person found this review helpful