Wesco Aircraft Hardware Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Todd Renehan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • room for growth, plenty of opportunities (in 2 reviews)

• Colleagues - the people I worked with were almost all good, honest, hardworking people (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • The merger with HAAS affected management support (in 3 reviews)

• The company's stock is crap so upper management has frozen the hiring process (in 3 reviews)

1. "Ambitious at Wesco Aircraft Hardware"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

I have been working at Wesco Aircraft Hardware full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Autonomous workers can reach and exceed potential.

Cons

Ambitious autonomous workers can become stagnant and disinterested.

Advice to Management

Please assure to provide guidance, encouragement, and development plan for autonomous workers, so individuals do not become placement and disinterested.

2. "Amazing company to work for!"

Former Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Wesco Aircraft Hardware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment, especially Human Resources and Recruiting, is by far the best I have experienced.
    Great team , the people are a pleasure to work with! Very approachable and helpful.

Cons

There have been no changes that I have experienced. There have been some corporate changes, but I it did not effect the overall environment of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

3. "Inventory tech/QA tech"

Former Employee - QA/Inventory Tech in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - QA/Inventory Tech in Greenville, NC

I worked at Wesco Aircraft Hardware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The was pay and benefits were good.

Cons

Wesco closed the Greenville, NC facility.

4. "Avoiding this company may well be the best decision you could make."

Former Employee - Master Data Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Master Data Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Wesco Aircraft Hardware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met a few people that I liked while working there, but other than that, I can't say there is much about my time in the company that is redeeming.

Not a Pro, but going here anyway:
    This is to address a frequently cited pro. On paper, the work/life balance looks good. Don't be fooled! If you take pride in your work, the longer you are there the more stressed you will become. You will take that stress with you when you leave for the day. Your own personal r&r time, as well as sleep will suffer; thus making a bad 8 hours into a bad 24. The longer you are there, the worse it will get.

Cons

Honestly, there is no way to list all of the cons without forgetting one or two....hundred. Either way, I will list off several.

95% of meetings consist of meaningless buzz word salad. Even the few that don't sound like complete nonsense, and seem as though the speaker hit on some points that needed to be addressed, it is all just lip service. After you hear "we need to be accountable to one another" more than once, while seeing a totally out of control department run rough shod over anyone in their office, you start to realize that the meetings are really just a bunch of navel gazing. To make matters worse, these meetings typically eat up about 25% of your work week.

Control freak "managers". And yes, I put "managers" in quotations. There are a number that I encountered that can only be classified as having giant egos, and tiny minds. Would you be shocked to be reprimanded for doing your job, then being told by the one doing the reprimanding that the business you are in "isn't about making money"? If I am lying I am dying. You can throw a rock in any direction and hit 10 people whose sole job appears to be making a mess, then cleaning it while exclaiming how they are fantastic problem solvers; and that is if you are dealing with one that actually cleans their own mess.

In keeping with the above, freedom within the confines of the job continued to dwindle over the last few years, to the point where today it is suffocating(well it was. I ran for the hills, screaming like the lone survivor in a horror film). My job could have been done from literally anywhere on earth, at any time of day. Furthermore, my team was comprised of self motivated individuals that needed little supervision. For most supervisors and managers, that would be a dream come true. Not the case at Wesco. At Wesco, independent, self reliant team = threat that must be destroyed no matter the cost(it might make someone look bad). The job will suck the life out of you. If you are smart, talented, and hard working, stay far away. After a couple of years of spinning your wheels, it becomes hard to realize that it is the environment that has bread the sea of incompetents that you are swimming against, and you start thinking that you are the problem. It is the environment that is toxic, and you will leave there worse off than when you started.

Bonuses never happen and raises are scarce to non existent; and the oft cited reason is missing revenue projections. The amazing thing here is, for every competent and hard working employee within the company trying to do their part to effect the bottom line, either in a direct or support capacity, there is a greater number of those that will torpedo your efforts. Your efforts don't get recognized because your peers, supervisors, managers, ect actively go behind you and destroy your work. That project you have been working on for months? I am going to make the customer regret the decision to work with us, because you didn't cc me on an insignificant e-mail. This is the jealous and petty mindset in this organization. So with this type of active sabotage going on within the organization, of course it is difficult to make the case for a raise when several of your projects went completely belly up. What makes it all the more laughable is the same ones torpedoing your work are also involved in the process of negotiation on your behalf. It is a no win scenario, so just don't play in their sand box.

No growth, no movement. Sure, when you are being interviewed they talk a big game, but within certain departments, there as absolutely no where to go.......except to the nearest exit.

When promotions do happen, they aren't merit based. They are instead based on time served. This has lead to a glut of incompetent supervisors in certain departments, because they won't go anywhere; if for no other reason that no one else will have them.

It is the typical corporate culture. By that I mean smug, smarmy, and full of itself without actually doing anything. I never understood ego without achievement.

If you are still reading this and you still think it is a good idea to get involved with this company, you can't claim you weren't warned.

Advice to Management

In the years I was with the organization, myself and many other people tried a thousand times to bring up the problems in the organization. They didn't care enough about it when we were employed with them and felt as though we had an active stake in how the company was doing. My two questions here are:

1) Why would they start listening now?

2) Why would I care if they weren't able to right the ship? I don't have a dog in that fight anymore.

5. "Employees thumbs up, company thumbs down."

I worked at Wesco Aircraft Hardware full-time

Pros

I was cool with everybody there. I liked my co-workers.
    For the most part there was plenty of overtime if you wanted to work it.
    A good part of the time things were fast paced which made time pass quick.

Cons

They may as well not have gave raises at all.
    Sometimes they would cut overtime off and then bring it right back which was irritating if you were depending on those hours.
    People really liked working there at one time but not so much for the most part anymore.
    Temps beware, you may not get hired in a timely fashion.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people like the company used to before it went public and watch how much more people go out of their way to get results.

6. "Disappointed"

Former Employee - Onsite Coordinator in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Onsite Coordinator in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Wesco Aircraft Hardware full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Independent work environment
    Freedom of movement

Cons

No lateral movement
    High turnover
    Pay not competitive

7. "WORST PLACE EVER"

Former Employee - Packer
    Former Employee - Packer

I worked at Wesco Aircraft Hardware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS PLACE

Cons

They do not care about the little guy. They take complete advantage of you. They make promises and literally do not follow through on them. Worst of all they offer more money before you start and give you less after you start without telling you. They even supposedly even off benefits and don't give them to you after you sign up for them.

Advice to Management

Don't make promises you can't keep.

8. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Wesco Aircraft Hardware full-time

Pros

people philosophy focus on mutual trust and respect and employee engagement. emphasis on the employee first and then customer. safety first. room for growth, plenty of opportunities

Cons

should work on improving communication

9. "Bad Management Hostile environment"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Northlake, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Northlake, TX

I worked at Wesco Aircraft Hardware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice climate control environment/ very easy work process/ nice spacious environment/ very clean

Cons

No HR in the establishment/ Thumbs down to the management team/ can be a hostile environment cause no one reports anything due to no HR inside establishment. Management fails to report to Human Resources and loves to keep bad behavior and etc. within establishment. No bueno. No advancement as promised, there is only one job title to all S&R functions. No raises. I had more experience than some that had less and they got paid more than me. Thank you but no thank you. Like whoa.

Advice to Management

Need to communicate more/ stand firmer against hostility and bad behavior and bad language, horse playing, etc. Take more accountability with hostile employees and see it through.

"No room for growth"

Current Employee - Master Data Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Master Data Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wesco Aircraft Hardware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great entry level job for those looking for experience

Cons

-Hard to get a raise even if your job title gets promoted
    -Management is not very receptive to new ideas