West Coast Dental Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Farhad Manavi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The companies offered great benefits and are afforable to all (in 10 reviews)

• Great company to work for, they genuinely care for their employees and put our patient care 1st (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Been here for 8 years, love the staff."

Current Employee - Billing in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Billing in Torrance, CA

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly staff, great doctors, good hours, good benefits, and promote within the company. Dentist really care about the patients they see.

Cons

Company will want all employees to learn different job positions with out giving them a proper raise. No manager last in the company.

Advice to Management

They need to take care of there loyal employees instead of trying to keep the employees that would leave at any chance.

2. "West Coast Dental"

Current Employee - Dental Biller in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Dental Biller in Torrance, CA

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for West Coast is because you have support that helps you when needed. Managers and regional managers are always there to listen to what you need to make the office better.

Cons

System can slow down sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in recognizing your employees for all their accomplishments and loyalty.

3. "Coporate"

I worked at West Coast Dental full-time

Pros

Some of the people I worked with were really great.

Cons

I can't help but notice all the current currently employed staff leaving comments to raise their star rating - It wasn't the right fit for me at all. They either have to high of qualifications without proper pay or are just looking for a warm body to fill the spot. They want you to interview within hours, even if you are working and expect you to not give proper notice to your current employer. The turn over rate is out of this world and no matter how they said they wanted to change it, they just keep saying sell the company

Advice to Management

If yo hire someone, make sure you trust them. There is no need to constantly be standing over your employees and micro managing. HR also needs to be more involved because of improper language being used.

4. "Over It, thank you!"

Current Employee - Full Time in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Full Time in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Been with this company for about 4 yrs. Promoted within the company, but the raise isn’t that good. I’ve learned so much from other departments, by learned can do a handful of job titles here. I wish I was given the proper rewards. In the end I will take the knowledge gained and enjoy what’s left of my time here.

Cons

I am at a point where I need help with all the stuff that gets thrown at me, but seeking options elsewhere. Friends or family members mentioned to me how their employers provide good incentives/raises when taking over someone else job who is on a temporary leave. Not the case here just work work work and smiles. Gossip within the company also discourages individuals like me who work hard, others... get undeserved raises and can’t even write a complete sentence.

Advice to Management

Work on those who are here for a while, before we leave for the competition.

5. "Learning experience"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Paramount, CA
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Paramount, CA

I worked at West Coast Dental full-time

Pros

The job was full time, and they have great benefits. Learned a lot of new things.

Cons

The office i was assigned to was the worst. No manager to report to and no team work what so ever. They expect you to do it all while they sit and just talk or use their phones to be on social media. Ive never in my life have experienced something like this and truth be told its sad. From what I've been told, they have had a lot of receptionists quit....now i know why. If the office had a responsible manager to over see, maybe the office would run more smoothly.

Advice to Management

Get a good manager to over see the Paramount office, certain employees make it hard to work there.

6. "Great Company!!"

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time

Pros

*opportunity's to move up in the company

Cons

*work some Saturdays
    *Some later shifts

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Biller in Lynwood, CA
    Current Employee - Biller in Lynwood, CA

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer excellent benefits, growth opportunity, & flexible schedules. They make you feel appreciated and always reward you for your achievements.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

8. "Treatment Coordinator Review"

Current Employee - Treatment Coordinator in Paramount, CA
    Current Employee - Treatment Coordinator in Paramount, CA

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working for this company for 6 years. A pro from this company is the support I receive from my regional. (I'm so glad she's back) Any time I need help she is always there to help me resolve a problem. I love my regional and the fact that she always go the extra mile for any of her employees.

Cons

A bad thing of the company is the system. I feel I can get more done if their system wasn't so slow. I know we are in the process of getting a new one and I cannot wait until we do.

Advice to Management

Advice to management is to please hire slowly fire quickly there's people taking up seats that are there just for a pay check they don't care of making the company better.

9. "part-time A/R"

Pros

friendly coworkers and nice managers.

Cons

Small company; lack of upward mobility.

10. "It was great working here"

Former Employee - Ortho Coordinator in Pomona, CA
    Former Employee - Ortho Coordinator in Pomona, CA

I worked at West Coast Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great career opportunities always challenging employees.

Cons

The only negative impact from west coast dental is there long working hours. Employees always complaining on how bad the company function.

Advice to Management

Change the working hours, employees don't have a well balanced life. Employees life revolves around west coast dental.