West Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

West Corporation CEO John Shlonsky
John Shlonsky

1,099 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/Life balance is very important to senior leadership" (in 46 reviews)

• "I currently work from home so the hours are with flexibility and you also have the opportunity to schedule yourself more hours" (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "During interview it was still very vague with what the job was (it is a call center, for those wondering" (in 33 reviews)

• "Upper management disconnected from work force" (in 30 reviews)

1. "Sales Associated"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wausau, WI

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great PTO and team work environment.

Cons

Nothing at all. Overall great place to work at.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great management.

2. "Inside sales"

I have been working at West Corporation full-time

Pros

Great hours usually done Fridays by 3-4pm

Cons

Sales with out proper training. Cold calls

Advice to Management

Management tried and seemed to care

3. "Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at West Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clean, well lit, safe work environment.

Cons

Inadequate pay for what is expected. Haven't had an increase in over 2 years.
    Mismanagement at all levels which explains why it was purchased by another entity.
    Insurance benefits are marginal. For a company this size they should be able to provide much better benefits at a lesser cost to the employee.

Advice to Management

This is a company that has lost direction and it feels as if they are doing everything they can to stay afloat. If I were a company looking to hire West, I'd go in and have a look at just how they lag behind the time when it comes to technology.

Lots of waste and wasteful practices.

4. "Read reviews before choosing to work for West"

Former Employee - CSR2 in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - CSR2 in Omaha, NE

I worked at West Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work at a West call center would be that the work isn't as serious as most other call centers. Very casual environment, which is a big plus too.

Cons

No benefits of any type. Since this is an outsourcing company, the management states the reason no benefits are provided is because the client won't provide them.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees!

5. "Great Place to Gain Experience"

Current Employee - Account Development Specialist in Joplin, MO
    Current Employee - Account Development Specialist in Joplin, MO

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance is ok, good amount of vacation time, flexible hours

Cons

Benefits could be better, not open to discussing raises, not a lot of room for upward movement

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and work on developing employee's skills through training.

6. "2+ year truth time"

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Madison, WI

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid Time Off, Monthly Bonus, 2 Days added vacation, 8 Vacation Days, Full time Schedule, Set Schedule, Some what Flexible, 401 K, Okay Attendance Policy, Somewhat structure, (Some not All) amazing management team, able to wear jeans, etc.

Cons

Attendance Policy, No Feedback, Changes to Structures, HighSchool like enviorment, Bonus and Teir Structures, Managements way of handling some items, ridiculous policies, favoring employees over others, No raises, HR lied in interview, HR doesn't always know what their talking about, (some not all) unprofessional management, etc.

Advice to Management

So in my role as a CCA, i can honestly say that at one point, i used to love my job, now its another story. So i work on a program that does multiple things for clients, not going to elaborate. But when i was hired on, i was told i would be working in a professional environment, be able to receive raises every year, have an amazing PTO schedule, and so much more. Well guess what, not much of this has happened. if i could give management advice, i would say great job to a few, and others, well they need to work on it.
        When i started i absolutely loved my job, now not so much. West has made it impossible to bonus on the top level, we don't get any raises/ cost of living increases, I swear i work in a high school environment, and what makes me mad the most is the favoritism.
       On my program, we have so many females that talk like their in high school. They talk about individuals when their not even their, trash them, and say things like their going to trip them. Honestly, Management has not done a thing to correct this behavior. They low key threaten us to push us into getting a project done on time, and show favoritism to certain employees.
       An example is by one individual, may i remind you that this was "one" individual, complained about the lights being turned down. Instead of finding a solution to benefiting the program in a who, they turned every single light on, and quite a few individuals suffered from intense migraines, and one even has a seizure to the lights being so high. Management didn't fix the issue until one employee threatened to go to employee resources. Others are allowed to move around the office all they want, and not do their work, while others are yelled/ screamed at to get back to work. Management rarely gives any feed back, but talks about us behind our backs!! How is this professional!!!!
       Our bonus structure became more strict, and now many individuals are having trouble making bonus, and are looking for other jobs. Trust me, even though they say they appreciate our work, it definitely doesn't seem like it.

Don't get me started on HR. They lied to me upon interviewing for the position. You're going to get a raise every year, and so much more. Then when some individuals were laid off, they screwed them out of their Unemployment by providing the wrong dates to apply. I know 3 people that may be kicked out of their apartments due to this mistake.

Honestly, i even had to fight for my sign on bonus, because they wanted to provide it at a later date then they told us it would be provided.

Honestly, i now know what i want from a job, and this is not it!!!

Plus i'm even afraid to put in my two weeks or move to another program, because the head manager on my programs takes anyone leaving the program so seriously, that if they arent moving to another program, their kicked out as soon as they put in their two weeks, and those who move to another programs are told their never allowed to come back to their original program.

My work environment literally makes me so sick!!

P.s. Madison is not the real location, its the only one in the same district

7. "overall not bad"

Former Employee - Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Analyst in Omaha, NE

I worked at West Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very laid back work environment
    management is not micromanaging they are very laid back

Cons

so lay back that your coworkers think they can talk to you anyhow
    the company was bought out by appolo and everything is falling apart that's why I left

Advice to Management

wake up

8. "Fun and interesting but lacks regular pay increases."

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like working at West because of the customer interaction and the benefits are really good. Everyone is usually trying to work together and help each other to reach the same goal. Which is customer experience. Most worked on inbound programs and rarely make outbound calls.

Cons

It is challenging to continue to work for a company the hasn't given you a raise or a bonus in 3 years. A lot of upper management has left and things have been changing a lot. Supposedly will be getting performance raises by the end of this year. Changes aren't always bad but it definitely makes you feel like the company is on it's toes. Everyone is over worked and on edge with the changes.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is actually to toughen up. Stop letting employees walk all over them. A lot of people come in and have no respect for thier bosses because they're too soft and the employees take advantage of that. Even tenured reps will do this.

9. "Team Lead"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Newnan, GA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Newnan, GA

I worked at West Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As long as you do your job you will have job security. It takes 15 points to get let go for attendance.

Cons

Not enough money, micro manage, upper management have unrealistic expectations, very old school

10. "No work life balance"

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

cannot think of even one

Cons

poor work life balance. unhappy

Showing 1,099 of 1,126 reviews