West Herr Automotive Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Bieler

1. "West Herr Automotive Group"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at West Herr Automotive Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

West Herr is a really amazing company to work for, they do so much for their employees. While I worked there they had biannual bonuses for all employees, summer and winter company events, paid time off for part time employees after 2 years with the company.

Cons

At the store level it's really hit or miss with management. The location I worked at really only seemed to be concerned with their sales staff. Everyone else was treated very poorly.

Advice to Management

Care more about support staff.

2. "Best place to work for a reason"

Current Employee - Auto Techicin in East Aurora, NY
    Current Employee - Auto Techicin in East Aurora, NY

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible hours.
    paid vacation
    PTO
    This company cares about it's employee's! A value that is lost in todays Business models.

Cons

no real con's to list. The Car business kind of stinks but the people at West Herr make it as enjoyable as possible. It's not a know against this company it's the business as a whole. from a service stand point the manufactures hang the people that keep their stuff rolling down the road out to dry.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing it's working. The appreciation you show your employees' is unmatched by any of your competitor's.

"Micromanagement. Empty promises, Look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Orchard Park, NY
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Orchard Park, NY

I worked at West Herr Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They promote culture and family but it's just words. They contribute to the community.

Cons

They bring competitive employees in with big signing bonuses and guarantees and don't take care of the ones that have been there long term. It's a very top down and dictative environment. Start your career elsewhere

Advice to Management

Take care of your people before you worry about the new ones. Pigs get fat hogs get slaughtered.

5. "Greatest Place to Work in Western New York"

Former Employee - BDC RECEPTIONIST in Orchard Park, NY
    Former Employee - BDC RECEPTIONIST in Orchard Park, NY

I worked at West Herr Automotive Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mission Statement- Integrity is one staff treat customers and fellow employees with integrity one of the Best Places to work!

Cons

position I last worked as was dissolved

"Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money can be very good, you make a lot of connections, and there is room to move up with a little bit of dedication. Great work environment.

Cons

Some stores have reasonable ours, while some end up working 10 hours a week more than others. Believe it or not, on most new cars you're paid $50 to sell it. Not feeding many mouths on that.

Advice to Management

When I was hired I was told how family oriented the company was. But now we are starting to open certain Sundays, and open on certain holidays that really should be closed. This really knocked the company down a peg.

Bring the company picnic back!!!!

"Auto tech"

Former Employee - Quick Lane Tech in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Quick Lane Tech in Buffalo, NY

Pros

Employees are pretty friendly and the ceo is a great guy, mangers below him not so much

Cons

Very rushed atmosphere especially at the Campbell Blvd location in Getzville, management was never consistent and was frantic a lot. Also they wont give proper pay for work being done and managers play favorites with pay/recognition.

Advice to Management

More respect towards associates and don't lie about wages. Also to much favoritism towards employees that you know outside of work.

8. "Great employer!"

Former Employee - Photographer in Lockport, NY
    Former Employee - Photographer in Lockport, NY

I worked at West Herr Automotive Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a student, the best part of working here was the flexible schedule. Management is easy to talk to and clear with instructions. Company gives back to employees often in the form of events and bonuses.

Cons

At the end of every month we were extra busy which stressed a lot of people out.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Make sure to continue addressing all issues in every department.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Orchard Park, NY
    Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Orchard Park, NY

Pros

Endless Potential. You create your own income and the management team is there to help you hit all of your goals

Cons

Long Hours can be strenuous. Extremely hard quotas to hit extra bonuses. End of the month is crazy and stressful

10. "valet attendant"

Current Employee - Valet Attendant in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Valet Attendant in Rochester, NY

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly people and good pay and a boss whom is a man that is really is to talk to

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say

Advice to Management

doing a great job or they wouldn't be in business for as long as they have been

"Lot manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro that I can say about west herr is the family setting.

Cons

No moving up, minimal pay, you feel like your not cared about in anyway. They never give recognition to anybody but the top salesman.