West Interactive Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Sales in Omaha, NE

I worked at West Interactive Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Top sales people winning business, growing the firm, professional attitudes, no slackers, large workforce with a sense of urgency to treat clients right.

Cons

Hours are long although the culture is changing for the better, there are isolated successes across business units to blend resources for a combined solution for clients and blending is starting to grow more common.

Advice to Management

Keep the path open for people to reach across business unit boundaries and develop relationships that speed service to clients.

2. "Management"

I have been working at West Interactive Services full-time

Pros

The company is making a concerted effort to improve processes, procedure, and efficiency

Cons

Operational executions is average at best at this time

"CS"

I worked at West Interactive Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful company to work for until we got bought out. People I worked with were like family.

Cons

We were sold to a huge corporation

4. "Awful management and strategies"

Former Employee - IT Senior Specialist
    Former Employee - IT Senior Specialist

I worked at West Interactive Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They pay you (most of the time), they offer benefits, stock option, etc.

Cons

It will drain the life out of you. Even on vacation I was expected to be working while at the same time told not to. Management was ever shifting (5 new bosses in two years). Then after 5 plus years I got canned along with many others with the company for 10-15 years.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to fix what isn't broken. Let your employees do their work, and stop the micro-managing.

5. "It's like a small town"

Pros

Managers are flexible with respect to family and life schedules. So making the kids baseball game or getting to your dentist appointments are not a stressor.

Cons

Never ending blame games. It seems that they are always looking for someone to blame instead of how to solve the problem.

"Reactive vs Proactive"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Interactive Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership recognizes the areas that need to improve and have been working the past 24 months to change culture. The technology is best in class and we are starting to see the value of data and analytics.

Cons

Leadership is constantly changing direction and priorities, which is impacting progress and results of the needed change. We seem challenged to make the change from call center to a technology company.

Advice to Management

Need a clear strategic plan that allows and entrust the employees to execute so that needed changes finally happen. Can't keep changing strategy every time a new problem emerges.

7. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Interactive Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over the past year West Interactive has taken some steps to become more lean and efficient in both operational and project efforts. It's emphasis on Customer Experience Lifecycle Management (CXM) has galvanized it's employees with a renewed emphasis on improving employee health and delivering quality services to customers.

Cons

Some parts of the organizaition are not as far along in improving their value stream as others.

Advice to Management

Continue to emphasize CXM and the process improvements across the organization. I have personally seen the improvement int he daily lives of employees and customers over the last year and would strongly recommend West Interactive Services to both groups of stakeholders.

8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - IS - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - IS - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE

Pros

The Executive Leadership Team at Interactive Services, has asked for input and HEARD the employees. The company is now a employee-centric organization that focuses on employee wellness, work-life balance and professional growth. Many programs have been instituted for the benefit of the employees. The Executive Leadership team is more now, than ever, focused on Employee wellness. You can wear jeans everyday, you are offered training opportunities and certifications, outside of West, that West pays for AND we have a new West Gym. Also - no more emails past 6 pm.

Cons

There have been so many improvements - I cant think of a downside at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work you have been doing surrounding Employee Engagement - you have made HUGE strides in 2016!

"Lots of opportunity but EXTREMELY political"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Interactive Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity to grow your job responsibilities. If you get bored easy and enjoy change, the ever-changing goals will keep you interested.

Cons

Negative attitudes and bullying are rewarded. Allowed to openly treat co-workers poorly and if you don't get your way, you just need to throw a fit and squawk until you do get your way. You will be in constant fear of making decisions because it someone doesn't agree with you they will come after you and they will be allowed to do it.

Advice to Management

Create a no tolerance environment with negativity and bullies. It starts from the top down. I never worked somewhere where SO MANY individuals treat their co-workers with a lack of respect...which shows it's allowed and that's how you get your way (aka rewarded for poor behavior)

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technician Specialist in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Technician Specialist in Mobile, AL

I have been working at West Interactive Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company. Employees are respected and treated like adults. Managers don't micro-manage or seagull employees. Regular hours and fair pay. Work/life balance respected. Company has a great atmosphere and laid back setting while remaining professional. Accomplishments are recognized and rewarded in concrete ways showing the company is willing to do extra for employees and employees are willing to go the extra mile for the company.

Cons

No real cons. There are likely places that pay a little higher for some positions, but I think the company atmosphere more than makes up for it.

Advice to Management

No real advice. I really like my managers, but it's a large company, and I can't speak for other departments.