West Pharmaceutical Services Reviews | Glassdoor

West Pharmaceutical Services CEO Eric M. Green
Eric M. Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No real advancement opportunities for scientific staff (in 3 reviews)

• Machines always have problems, no sick days, limited vacation time, and mandatory overtime happens a lot (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great leadership team!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC

I have been working at West Pharmaceutical Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary, benefits and management support. Human Resources really supported me during my FMLA, thank you! The leadership training has paid dividends.

Cons

None that I can think of. I really enjoy my job, co-workers and managers. West is an employer of choice in Kinston

Advice to Management

Continue the great work!!

West Pharmaceutical Services Response

Aug 14, 2017 – West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.

Thanks for the nice feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying your experience at West. I hope we always remain "Con-free,” but in case you ever start to see something trend in the wrong direction... More

2. "Lay offs Williamsport"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Williamsport, PA
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at West Pharmaceutical Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay easy work they care about their employees stuff and more stuff clean other then oil all over the place

Cons

Co workers suck no team work snitches Heathcare is expensive they go threw temps which sucks also stuff stuff stuff stuff

Advice to Management

Don’t go by performance reviews that’s saying for them to keep there favorites favorite is wrong

West Pharmaceutical Services Response

Nov 7, 2017 – West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.

We appreciate your feedback. Obviously it is disappointing to hear negative feedback, but it helps us to improve and make sure we are providing the best work experience for our team.

Recently... More

3. "West Pharmaceutical Services"

I have been working at West Pharmaceutical Services full-time

Pros

West is a great place to work. They are clearly dedicated to helping their employees grow and reach their full potential, offering constant training and opportunities to grow or move into another role if that's what you're interested in. There is a ton of flexibility (outside of the lab) and most supervisors trust you to get your work done whether it's during business hours or not. As a working mom, I appreciate the work-life Balance that I've been afforded by working at West.

Cons

The maternity leave policy is not good.

4. "Assemly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at West Pharmaceutical Services full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Moving up within the company takes longer than it should and the point system sucks

Advice to Management

Make the point system fair like if you don't miss a day in 90 days a point drop instead of us waiting a year. I'll can even do 6 months no tardies or absence.

West Pharmaceutical Services Response

Nov 2, 2017 – West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. Recently, West harmonized our attendance policy across all of our facilities in the United States. Our goal with the attendance policy is... More

"management"

I worked at West Pharmaceutical Services full-time

Pros

was a very collaborative space with respect for others. however, new management now.

Cons

Definitely show favoritism among employees

6. "Decent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at West Pharmaceutical Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good amount of overtime, voluntary for general production. Insurance free glasses. Alternating 3s and 4s. They will take anyone, regardless of reasonable criminal background they will hire you, you have to be a pretty bad for them not too give you the chance to prove yourself.

Cons

12 hour days, moving up can be limited by what shift your on. The leads have no power to enforce the rules, only the supervisors who sometimes army there and who don't want to deal with it. some people don't do this job and get away with it then turn around and play the hear say game to destroy your reputation and try to get you fired, worst thing is when they accuse you of something you didn't do but because one of the managers had a tendency to be racist and sexist towards men, she will take sides before the facts are brought out and will fight for the side she chooses regardless of proof.

Advice to Management

Actually enforce your rules and give people better chances for raises

West Pharmaceutical Services Response

Nov 2, 2017 – West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.

West works hard to attract and develop top talent that has a strong sense of partnership and client-first mindset. While I am glad to see your positive feedback on the compensation and benefits, I am... More

7. "Horrible management group"

I worked at West Pharmaceutical Services (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent insurance for employee only

Cons

West purchased Tech Group in AZ and now realized the mistakeSince have changed Tech Group name to West Contract MFG due to the bad rep.
    Management is the good ol boys club. No oppurtunity for advancement unless you know management personally.
    tempe West facility merging with Kyrene facility. Everyone told they will keep their jobs. This was a lie. They are firing all fulltime people for anything they can and replacing them with temps that will be let go when the merge finally happens. Corporate is aware this is going on and hides/denies it. My advice is to stay away from this company

Advice to Management

Cant give advice that is not taken seriously since corporate is aware this is happening and encourages it by allowing it to continue.

8. "Great Employer."

Current Employee - Measurement Technician in Williamsport, PA
    Current Employee - Measurement Technician in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at West Pharmaceutical Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Many advancement opportunities and great benefits.

Cons

The turnover rate needs improvement.

West Pharmaceutical Services Response

Oct 2, 2017 – West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.

Thanks for the nice feedback! We are committed to developing all employees so that West can ensure that there is professional growth and development for all. I thank you for your candid feedback.

"Incompetent"

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at West Pharmaceutical Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

regular paycheck and decent benefits

Cons

idiot management, stuck in the stone age

Advice to Management

fire yourselves, you spent years making things worse. 4 dozen VPs that do nothing and twice as many directors that do less.

West Pharmaceutical Services Response

Sep 15, 2017 – West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.

Employee satisfaction is very important to us and it is troubling to hear your perception of our leadership team at West. However, we thank you for your input, as it is important to hear feedback... More

10. "Mechanical Engineer"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at West Pharmaceutical Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a job to pays the bills, not a wealth or career builder company. Stable market segment so don't expect layoffs unless something goes horribly wrong. Dont ask for raise, they seriously dont make a lot since they are more of a middle man. They are tier 1 supplier and vendor to pharma giants so they make money only if their customer makes money.

To summarize, a good place to start out of school but not much for long term. Move on to work for other pharma giants after 2-3 years if your goal is to move up the ladder quicker and make more money.

Cons

No real cons, they will not sell you stars and rainbows at interview. Their business is manufacturing rubber seals and plastics. Innovation is not given much of a thought, they cant really afford it since they depend on their clients R&D.

Advice to Management

Dont try to overwork your resources and don't expect a Benz for cost of Chevy.They do need to encourage new ideas and methods.

West Pharmaceutical Services Response

Aug 17, 2017 – West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s troubling to hear you don’t feel West is a long-term career destination. We’re always looking for ways to ensure our employees have access... More