West Specialized Agent Services Reviews | Glassdoor

West Specialized Agent Services Reviews

Updated April 18, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, Bonus Potential, Competitive Pay, Benefits Package (in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits, Positive team environment, Generous vacation package, Flexible scheduling (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for growth on the program I work (in 5 reviews)

• The incentive/bonus structure we have is constantly changing and stack ranking everyone against each other for pay (in 7 reviews)

1. "Best Job I've Ever Had!"

Current Employee - Wholesale Support in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Wholesale Support in Wausau, WI

I have been working at West Specialized Agent Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

West offers great benefits options, has many different advancement opportunities within their company. They also strive to be the best of the best!

Cons

High Turn-Over rate, but this is because, again, they strive to be the best of the best.

Advice to Management

Keeping being the best of the best. I absolutely love coming to work every single day, because the place I work, and the people I work with!

2. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

Pros

Bonus possibilities, flexibility, great amount of PTO even in the 1st year

Cons

can't think of any cons

3. "Programmer"

Current Employee - Programmer in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Programmer in Appleton, WI

I have been working at West Specialized Agent Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel very appreciated here. In the IT department, there is a sense of teamwork and family. Hours are flexible (within reason), workspace is comfortable and adequately equipped. Once an employee has proven to be responsible, work from home is allowed 2 days per week. Management is very approachable and interested in helping to make it possible for employees to be happy and productive.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that health insurance is kind of expensive but that is probably the truth everywhere right now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. "Just My Opinion..."

Current Employee - AT&T VSC- Sales Associate in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - AT&T VSC- Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

Pros

The guarantee of 40+ hours/ week. My co-workers- even when you're having a bad day, there's always someone being silly in the office and I love the energy. The line of work I do/ my job- I've been here for over a year now and have found that once I get the hang of my role- I absolutely love what I'm doing. The variety of people you meet/ friends/ connections you make. The "Head Honchos" are fairly easy to approach and are mostly very friendly/ knowledgeable people. Most management is very understanding of emergencies/ medical situations that come up- they are very empathetic most times.

Cons

The hardest part is how unorganized things/ projects can be. I just recently changed roles within West and the transition has been a nightmare. I feel as if management doesn't always do what they're supposed to and that a lot of double standards are made.

Advice to Management

Please stop advancing people within the company just because they're within the company. In this place- you have to know somebody in order to get anywhere. Favorites should not be played when choosing someone to manage others- this is where the biggest problem lies. Your "buddies" are not doing their jobs how they should be and it's not fair for us little people who have to face a bad situation without proper support/ guidance on how to handle it..

6. "Impression of a New Employee"

Current Employee - Customer Business Manager in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Business Manager in Appleton, WI

Pros

Great Team atmosphere.
    Exceptional support from Management
    Competitive salary
    Above average benefit package

Cons

To date, I have not really discovered and negative issues.

Advice to Management

Being a "Broker" for large clients has inherent challenges in being the "Middle Man". During the initial set up more attention to details on the front end means less customer facing issues on the back end.

7. "my response"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wausau, WI

Pros

The benefits that are offered, Monday -Friday work schedule, no holidays

Cons

When you have a lot of vacation to use, have a hard time using it when you want.

Advice to Management

SMILE, Acknowledge your peers and when you are approached with a question, do not make a face that you are being bothered. Makes one not want to talk to you.

8. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I have been working at West Specialized Agent Services full-time

Pros

Benefits, Co-workers, Incentives, Advancement opportunities

Cons

Micromanagement of Leadership, Inappropriate leadership discussions on the floor to make others uncomfortable, Instability of program

Advice to Management

Any perf review discussions or conf call discussions with other leadership groups should be removed from the floor. These are not appropriate discussions for the team to hear.

9. "West is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

I have been working at West Specialized Agent Services (More than a year)

Pros

West provide excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. Lots of opportunities to build your career!

Cons

The new attendance policy is pretty strict, but the PTO given by the company is generous and there are tons of people willing to help if a struggle arises.

10. "Excellent Career Move!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

Pros

Home & Work Life Balance! Flexible hours, an understanding management team, and vacation/PTO from the moment you start...these are all amazing pros to the company for anyone who wants to have a successful career but also be a parent or spouse. After 1yr I will have 4 full weeks of vacation plus 2 "floating holidays". All weekends off and 12 paid holidays a year. As a mother of a 7yr old this is invaluable, time is something you can never get back after its gone - having a career that will allow me the flexibility to attend his school functions and events and give me the opportunity to drop him off or pick him up from school is one of the things that makes WEST a great place to work!

Cons

The health insurance rates are high, much higher than I had anticipated. And they don't include any types of benefits for you that you don't have to pay for - ie, no life insurance, no disability, nothing. You can get these types of coverage options, but there is a significant cost in doing so.

Advice to Management

Work to provide your employees with more affordable healthcare options. The rates for employees are high, but the rates for employee's with a spouse or kids, or a spouse AND kids are literally unrealistic for a company as big as you are. This IS a great place to work, but I can imagine you lose a lot of GREAT employees due to the high costs of your Health insurance premiums. Just something to think about :)

11. "Great Company and Family"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Middleton, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Middleton, WI

I have been working at West Specialized Agent Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I know this is to be anonymous, but I don't feel it's necessary. My name is Cassie Orr, I've been with west for 3 years as a whole, and absolutely love it here!

West is a very competitive company to work for. Most of the positions here are sales or account managing positions that cater to all skill levels. The best thing about West is how friendly the staff and employees are here. They have the best open door policy and everyone is here to help others. There are options to transfer from program to program if yours ends or if you just need a change in pace. The pay is pretty good too with some programs having uncapped commissions. Benefits aren't superb, but they aren't bad by any means either. A lot of the employees and managers here have families of their own and are very conscious of employees having family and life outside of work. The other pretty amazing thing about West, is that they also promote within, and often. There are always new opportunities here for positions in management as well as new programs.

They also have a pretty amazing trainer named Scott, who makes the classes fun, enjoyable, and a collaborative environment. If you feel you aren't ready to hit the floors, the managers and training teams will work with until you're ready. If you're struggling to meet goal, no worries, they pull you aside and adjust what you're doing until you start finding your groove again.

This is a pretty amazing company, and I could't be happier to have been with my West family for the last 3 years.

Cons

The only downside to this company, as is with any, is that this job isn't for everyone. It takes focus, determination, and self motivation. If you can't self motivate, if you get bored easily, if you can't sit or keep to the schedule you set for yourself, you will fail at this company.

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing!!!