West Unified Communication Services Reviews | Glassdoor

West Unified Communication Services President Scott Etzler
Scott Etzler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • I've talked to may people in many roles and divisions during my years there no one there is truly happy (in 4 reviews)

• Poor decision making, lack of vision, lack of inspiration, lack of drive, lack of culture, and too many people lie (in 2 reviews)

1. "Audio support agent"

Current Employee - Audio Support Agent in West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Audio Support Agent in West Point, GA

I have been working at West Unified Communication Services part-time

Pros

Laid back environment. Easy work with friendly people and management. Easy work for the pay

Cons

Not knowing when you will get full time or getting promoted.

2. "Beware!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at West Unified Communication Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and good amount of vacation days after 1 year.

Cons

There are alot but I'll give a few. 1) There is a very serious lack of leadership there. Poor decision making, lack of vision, lack of inspiration, lack of drive, lack of culture, and too many people lie. The executives only care about themselves and money. 2) They hire and promote the wrong people. All the good people have left and/or haven't stayed very long. 3) The current workforce there is very unhappy. I've talked to may people in many roles and divisions during my years there no one there is truly happy. They've all become paycheck players "It's all about me and what I can get or didn't get". That attitude is a reflection upon leadership. Last, 4) they don't develop their employees. They hire and fill positions to just have a warm body fill it regardless if they are ready or qualified. If you happen to be good and have thoughts of pursuing other roles within the company you most likely will be discouraged. As a result the good employee ends of leaving. Join, this place if this is your last result.

Advice to Management

Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself "What have I done?". This company went from fun and exciting to a soul sucking place.

3. "Cisco Unified Communications support"

Current Employee - Client Services Support in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Client Services Support in Louisville, KY

I have been working at West Unified Communication Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

career growth opportunities
    young and enthusiastic team members
    entry to expert level positions
    contains a challenge consistently
    endless knowledge gain
    shows interest in employee health and wellness

Cons

middle of the road pay scale for entry and intermediate positions
    out of place management in some areas, but not all

Advice to Management

Consider the client at all costs. staff for that demand.

"First day; love it already!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at West Unified Communication Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are so friendly and very encouraging. Room for growth and excellent benefits package.

Cons

Sitting all day is hard.

5. "Cool, Easy Job!!!"

I have been working at West Unified Communication Services part-time

Pros

Variety of the days work, scheduling flexibility, EAD & AWD

Cons

Dress code rules are too strict & not adhered to by many, yet new hires seem to get penalized for the smallest incident.

Advice to Management

Make a uniform dress code/rules to be adhered by all parties new or old.

6. "Refer to advice to management."

Former Employee - Audio Support in West Point, GA
    Former Employee - Audio Support in West Point, GA

I worked at West Unified Communication Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You all made the hiring process easier

Cons

You don't make it clear that you have more obstacles before hiring.

Advice to Management

Make it clear to people that the training classes does not promise you a job. I left my old job thinking I had a for sure job. I got terminated because I failed a quiz during TRAINING. I thought the purpose of training was to get you ready for the job. I also thought If you didn't make it through the first training you was suppose to be offered to come to the next training the next few weeks. This have left me unemployed. So be sure to make it clear to people in the future that there are more quiz and tests to do during training.

7. "West ip review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at West Unified Communication Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is growing in a very active business to business market space. There are lots of opportunities for advancement internally.

Cons

The company is very immature in processes. Vibrant sales are a blessing but an immature implementation process causes issues that have rippling effects.

Advice to Management

Invest more in facilities. The current setup is functional but improvements are needed. Need to do a better job of anticipating staffing needs. Get the right people on board sooner.

8. "Great working environment"

I have been working at West Unified Communication Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, great benefits and pay. The employees here are like a family and they have work get togethers such as pizza every other Friday etc....

Cons

I cant think of any Cons to working here currently

Advice to Management

The nicer you are to your employees the more they will want to do for you.

9. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Louisville, KY

I have been working at West Unified Communication Services (More than a year)

Pros

There is no micromanaging and a good amount of freedom is given to resolve client issues. Plenty of opportunities are available for vertical movement within the company as well an exceptional amount of encouragement to better your knowledge.

Cons

There aren't many limitations we provide to clients. While good from a client-perspective, having to troubleshoot unfamiliar systems and manage unprovided equipment can cause confusion and lack of standards.

10. "Great opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Director in West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in West Point, GA

Pros

As the company is continuing to grow and contuse with acquisitions, opportunities exist for the right people. Those who go out and seek a path and can back that up with ability and effort will probably do well. Constant Change, keeps life interesting!

Cons

A little disjointed at times due to the rapid growth and new companies coming into the fold.

Advice to Management

Clear strategic direction and view of how all the pieces of the puzzle fit now, and in the future (think the last bit is the most crucial)