WestWorld Computers Reviews | Glassdoor

1.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Toxic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at WestWorld Computers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Displays very unwelcoming and uncomfortable work environment.

Cons

Treatment of the employees involve intimidation, harassment and embarrassment in front of the customer and staff do not display a sense of cooperation and team work.

Advice to Management

Close West World Computers or sell the company to someone who is able to run the operation.

"Disrespectful owners. Toxic working environment. MICROMANAGEMENT!!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at WestWorld Computers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other employees you meet who are all in the same boat.

Cons

In my career working 10 +years I am yet to come across a company that treats their employees as poorly as this one.
    I agree with so many people who have already left a review about this company and folks let me tell you, they are telling the truth.
    The blame game, disrespect towards employees. I have seen them(Owner's)call managers demanding them to let go of employees like it's nothing.
    They expect you to go on a business trip unpaid and if you leave the company within a certain time period the money come's out from your hard earned vacation pay. The company's foundation is built on ego.
    Will not recommend this place to anyone.

Advice to Management

Apple has already stopped believing that you can provide service to their customers. If you continue to disrespect your employees, cut their wage and be unfair to them your iWorld locations will crash harder than your 2011 Phoenix Quals.

"Avoid working for this company! Bad experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at WestWorld Computers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only Pro about working here is you learn how not to treat people
    1 star is also too much!

Cons

Where do I begin..
    -Blame game environment
    -Suspend/ fire employees left right and centre
    -Unethical business practices
    -Policies and procedures change every 2nd day
    -Very reactive to industry trends and consumer demands
    -Owner's try to make you feel bad for them paying you
    -Inconsistent and unreliable Bonus program( Carrot dangling in front of Donkey)
    -Purchasing and Hiring is substandard
    -Owner's call store manager's disrespect them and single them out during weekly meetings
    -Expect employees to train/e-learning on own time
    -Unpaid business trips
    -Ridiculously low commission structure for base pay associates
    -Changing point of contact at head office every few weeks( also because of turnover)
    -Expect managers to be on call 24/7 even though they pay hourly and much below industry standards

Advice to Management

You do not know how to run a business or how to treat your employees.
    Keep your football and race car analogies to yourself
    Look around and see who is happy working at your company. All the years I worked there I met no one who was.
    It's a good thing Apple de-authorized service for their iWorld locations.

4. "Over all good, some cons."

Former Employee - Manager in Lethbridge, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Manager in Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

I worked at WestWorld Computers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at iWorld for almost 4 years, if you work hard you are rewarded to a point. I received a lot of training and developed a lot of skills such as being a Sales person, an Administrator, a Technician and a Manager. The staff I worked with over the years I am still friends with to this day. If the culture is good in the store you enjoy going to work. Over all I have been treated good and have no bad feelings towards the company.

Cons

There was a few times I waited months for a raise, I had to fight tooth and nail and constantly remind to be paid bonuses that were earned. They expect employees being paid minimum wage to do training outside of work hours. The pay for management is low and ultimately was my decision to leave as I had hit the cap for the local store positions.

Advice to Management

Pay a bit more even if it comes out of pocket. Unfortunately these days there is very little loyalty.

"Very difficult working environment"

Former Employee - Sales in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at WestWorld Computers (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my colleagues and the products and services, and I still keep in touch with some I worked with. I learned a valuable life lessen here which comes across as a bit negative but is very positive in fact: how to never, ever treat other people.

Cons

Absolutely appalling treatment of employees and customers. There's a reason they are always hiring, the turnover is incredibly high and the level of disrespect from the owners is unbelievable.

The company owners love to race cars, which is fine in itself I won't judge people for their hobbies. But the POS system used a race car wheel for its interface and it was quite frankly insulting to be treated and paid so poorly and watch the kind of money they poured into this activity.

The trust issues are so severe that employees were not even allowed to use the copy and paste command in the software programs we used (I'm not kidding) and they had it disabled. Everyone from basic employees to management lived in fear and never knew what to expect when the phone rang.

There are many personal stories I'd share, but they may make it evident who I am. Suffice it to say that I strongly suggest continuing your job search if you are considering working here.

Advice to Management

Give up the race cars and focus on growing your business. Your customers and employees are real people and deserve some respect.

"Stay as far away as you can"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I worked at WestWorld Computers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with in the store are amazing, I loved my coworkers. Other than that, there's no upsides to working here.

Cons

Head office is literally in shambles. They don't know what they're doing or how to run a company, and they absolutely do not care about their employees. There's constant scare tactics going on and they treat you like terribly, whenever you'd see head office on caller ID you had to prepare yourself to get tore into. I'd worked here for around 2 years and was being paid less than people that had been working here for a couple months. They absolutely bully their managers and that's why they can't keep one for more than 6 months.

Advice to Management

Just close the stores or sell the company to people who actually know how to run a business.

"Keep looking for another job."

I worked at WestWorld Computers full-time

Pros

They give you a job to go to and sometimes you might learn stuff about computers or how not to run a business.

Cons

By far the worse place I have ever worked. Sure it was a job, and sure things started off well. You often will hear about other staff (or yourself), getting mistreated for the company not doing so well. Some how it is the staff's fault for things not going well and they seem to not even want to work with the staff when a good idea of advancing the company comes up. BEST advice is. Do not stop looking for another job when you join this company.

Advice to Management

Give up. You are not cut out for this.

"Wow what a mistake"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at WestWorld Computers full-time

Pros

The people you work with.

Cons

Do not care about employees.... At all
    Pay is terrible you have to hit commission to get any of it
    I worked there for over 2 years and I saw time and time again my managers be beaten down like dogs. There is so much disconnection between their stores (iWorld) and their head office. And the only advice they give us is to clean, cause that will help all the problems. When store level managers tell HO what we need to be successful it's "Not in the budget". Employees are expected to stay long hours, work extra shift's, be available at all times no matter if it's your day off, Conduct all training on personal time Career level dedication for entry level pay

Advice to Management

Shut down the company or find owners who actually care about the well-being of their employees

9. "Not the Place for You!"

I worked at WestWorld Computers full-time

Pros

The is literally no pro to working for West World, maybe its close to West Edmonton Mall or good discounts on non-apple products?

Cons

There is no policies and no way of knowing the proper way to do things, as they change from day to day. Pay is below the market standard. There is no incentive to work, no "dangling carrot"

Advice to Management

Stop with the scare tactics

10. "Good people. Horrible owners"

I worked at WestWorld Computers full-time

Pros

Co workers Are awesome. Management is nice and lovely.

Cons

Owners don't care about you, or even the company. They will come out and yell at you for nothing. Everybody hates them.

Advice to Management

Tell Carl to go away and retire already.