Western Arizona Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Western Arizona Regional Medical Center CEO Tom Salerno
Tom Salerno

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great for new grads"

Pros

Great place to learn for a new graduate of nursing. Easy to apply and the staff is very helpful in teaching.

Cons

Little room for growth. Very difficult to move to other units despite the need for nurses. They hire travel nurses a lot.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on using more of the staff within to help keep them happy such as allowing staff to move and train in their units of intrest. Then hire travel nurses after in house staff is satisfied.

2. "Er tech"

Current Employee - ER Tech
    Current Employee - ER Tech

I have been working at Western Arizona Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Don't fall for there lies

Cons

They make false promises alot

3. "Medicine from the Stone Age"

Current Contractor - Provider in Bullhead City, AZ
    Current Contractor - Provider in Bullhead City, AZ

I have been working at Western Arizona Regional Medical Center as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- It's busy
    - Some of the nicest staff level folks you could ask to work with
    - the cafeteria food is rather good

Cons

- ER is always overloaded with stretchers in the hall
    - Not nearly enough nurses, I've had patients sit in the ED waiting for a bed for two plus days
    - Senior leadership needs to be overhauled on both the medical and administrative sides. You can't become a 21st century medical center with 20th century people and ideas
    - The concept of Quality Measures is a joke. Everyone gets a Foley catheter, I've seen more femoral central lines than I can count, there are more readmits shortly after discharge for COPD, CHF and the like than I could have imagined.
    - Nurses are treated like handmaidens and not allowed to practice to their full extend and scope of practice and training
    - The community doctors run this place and keep it held back.
    - Evidence Based Practice and the concept of such is non existent here.
    - if you're a PA or NP be prepared to feel like you've gone back in time

Advice to Management

- management presently here is part of the problem not seeing much in the way of solutions. Fix the Cons above.

4. "Microbiology Lab Assistant and Phlebotomy Tech"

Current Employee - Microbiology Lab Assistant and Phlebotomy Tech in Garden Grove, CA

Pros

I m seeking a position
                Where my knowledge of Phlebotomy and Microbiology Lab Assistant.
                Can be efficiently utilized Competent techniques appropriate.

Cons

I don't like make mistake all

Advice to Management

self-motivated
                Excellent guest relations' skills.

5. "Excellent hospital to work for"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager/Telemetry Nurse in Siloam Springs, AR
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager/Telemetry Nurse in Siloam Springs, AR

I worked at Western Arizona Regional Medical Center (Less than a year)

Pros

Treat employees like they matter.

Cons

Payscale needs to keep up better with the market

6. "health care coordinator"

Current Contractor - Health Care Coordinator in Bullhead City, AZ
    Current Contractor - Health Care Coordinator in Bullhead City, AZ

I have been working at Western Arizona Regional Medical Center as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coordinate the health care of patients and provide excellent customer support to those patients

Cons

Not enough time to help all individuals

Advice to Management

Hire me. You can't go wrong

7. "SVP"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

WRMC is part of the CTCA family and is located in Goodyear, AZ, a western suburb of PHX. 1) No one practices patient focused care like CTCA. 2) Support from ownership for taking care of the patients is phenomenal. 3) If you are looking for a culture that lives their mantra of "Always and Only about the patient", CTCA is the place. 4) A great informal area in which to live with all the big city stuff you might want within 30 minutes in PHX.

Cons

If you are not a change agent or don't deal well with change this is not the place for you. CTCA and WRMC are constantly seeking input from the patients and their families and making changes accordingly. The status quo for this organization is "change".

Advice to Management

Surround yourself with people who are 150% dedicated to taking care of the patient. Your hiring process must differentiate those who are able to actually live with the "Always and Only..." mantra and not just do it lip service.

8. "Lacking leadership"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Western Arizona Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great teamwork between the MA's

Cons

Administration lacks strength to lead a good company

9. "Went down hill after CEO Alex came"

Pros

Close to home. Used to have employees that helped each other out and worked as a team.

Cons

Management is corrupt and treats employees as though they are replacable. CEO and Admin held mandatory meetings telling employees to "get on the bus or get off." When you file harassment complaints, nothing happens. They don't care about you. They pay the lowest in the area. Get out while you can.

Advice to Management

Praise your employees for what they do good to boost moral. Stop making examples out of people. This "my way or the highway" tactic doesn't keep the good employees around. That's why what you have left is the lazy bottom of the barrel that couldn't find a new job. Glad to have gotten out while I could.

10. "Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Bullhead City, AZ
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Bullhead City, AZ

I worked at Western Arizona Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met wonderful individuals, several of whom have left the organization

Cons

High turn over rates; poor leadership

Advice to Management

Transformational leadership is a start; follow throguh with promises to all staff and improve communication