Western Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Dan Crowley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • IF you're starting out this place is a great place to learn (in 5 reviews)

• You get to learn new things in a very fast paced environment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The vision of 'upper management' at corporate gets lost by the time it trickles down to the clinics (in 12 reviews)

• PDMs and CDs are rude to all local staff and have no respect for the amount of work that staff does (in 6 reviews)

1. "Orthodontic patient care coordinator"

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay could be better always work your full hours

Cons

Management and a high amount of work with little help.

Advice to Management

Seek more help

2. "I'm so glad I'm long gone from that place."

Former Employee - Front Office in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Front Office in San Diego, CA

I worked at Western Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's easy to get hired here. Also the day goes by pretty fast because you're always busy. Some of the staff and the patients were nice people too. This place is good for the experience but overall stressful place to work. You can try your best here and deal with it to get your experience if you cant get hired anywhere else but most people don't last too long. Don't expect to learn much unless you find someone who cares enough to properly train you.

Cons

Unprofessional managers, little to no benefits, low pay, totally overworked, and ZERO organization or efficiency even within their corporate office. Corporate just books a bunch of patients and expects us to see them all. People are always upset and wait usually no less than 1 hour and there was many times the wait would be up to 4 hours no joke. The patients often were rude and yelled at us at the front desk when we had NO control over the wait time. It was ridiculously unprofessional and unethical the way the Doctors and back office staff treated the patients. No communication or genuine acknowledgment. Front office was always overworked and stressed therefore customer service sucked and people felt uncared for. On top of that most of heir offices need some serious renovation. They see people as production so there's definitely a difference in how much priority you'll get depending on your insurance. Sad to say. I wouldn't recommend this place to any one.

Advice to Management

Get it together.

3. "It's a fun job and you learn something new everyday"

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Western Dental Services (More than 10 years)

Pros

You get a lot of experience working here and you learn a lot. There is challenges that come around and it's always good to try. I love working with speacialties

Cons

Working with different doctors every other day And dealing with some of the patients even when you are nice they treat you wrong

Advice to Management

Appreciate your staffs members more

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Manteca, CA
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Manteca, CA

I worked at Western Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The dental benefits are basically the only good thing that comes from this place. Some coworkers are enjoyable but only because we understand the same struggle of the horrible pay

Cons

Literally almost everything in this company is bad about it. Most of the doctors are very bad and don't know what they're doing. Corporate overbooks appointments and you end up with unsatisfied patients and employees including Drs. You take a lot of heat from mistakes of others because you are at the front desk. Majority of the patients are on Medi-Cal, which is nothing wrong with that, but it is a pain in the butt to deal with patients that feel like they're entitled to five-star treatment

Advice to Management

Stop hiring friends. They don't know how to do the job. Hire people that actually have management experience or promote from within

5. "It is what it is..."

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time

Pros

You get lots of exposure to all specialties and many types of cases.

Cons

Corporate's call centers have no idea how to book patients. They book randomly and cause many issues at the dental office. Corporate is too focused on reaching monthly goals but it is understandable because ultimately it is a business.

Advice to Management

Teach call center people more about what every procedure is, so they do not overbook or book incorrectly. This would save the offices many issues with patients and also would cut down the wait time.

6. "Recruiting! From Virginia campoy!"

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time

Pros

The hiring process went great! I had the best recruiter ever. Virginia was very nice, she helped me with getting hired. She gave me advice step by step on how I can get myself to get hired with western dental. She even calls me to check on how I'm doing. Through out the hiring process she was there for me every step of the way! I am extremely thankful to her if your looking to get hired I hope she is your recruiter!

Cons

Nope and hopefully there will be no cons.

"Everything for a dollar"

I worked at Western Dental Services full-time

Pros

If you are a full-time employee, you will always have somewhere to work.

Cons

The company does not respect anyone, not the employees in the offices or the patients. If your office has 10 chairs, they will want you to book 20 appointments at the same time. "Make them wait" is a common phrase. Inappropriate booking practices and demands from the company. If another office is short staffed, they will ask you to travel to where ever that office is to help, even if its 40 miles away. They try to get away with not paying you to travel as well.

Advice to Management

To the regional manager; introduce yourself. It takes a second, don't assume people will know who you are when you call the offices or show up randomly.

"Receptionist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time

Pros

Great and friendly hiring managers. Non judgmental and very helpful

Cons

No cons so far hoping there won't be

9. "Patient Care Coordinator"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Western Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, paid vacation and sick time.

Cons

Work and home balance is horrible. Work schedule is includes late evening and weekend shifts. Different management on a constant basis, Compensation does not match the amount of work that you are expected to provide.

Advice to Management

Increase pay, you lose good employees because you are not willing to pay them well.

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Western dental provides efficient dental treatment to their patients! I, along with my family have been going here for years! They recently started hiring hygienists to help better serve the needs of every patients oral health!

Cons

I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

Management is great! I was interviewed by Erin from the corporate office, she was pleasure to speak with. Very professional and knowledgeable. She made the hiring process very smooth!