Western Nebraska Community College Reviews | Glassdoor

Western Nebraska Community College Reviews

3.9
CEO

1. "Nice place, good people, but I wouldn't be a student here."

Current Employee - Night Coordinator in Alliance, NE
    Current Employee - Night Coordinator in Alliance, NE

I have been working at Western Nebraska Community College part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came into this job six months ago with no experience, and they immediately hired me and gave me twice my expected salary. It's a lot of fun to work here, and everyone is very helpful and kind.

Cons

Everything is filed in paper form. EVERYTHING. That means sometimes things get lost, sometimes they get damaged. If you're a student or employee here your social security number is stored in a file cabinet in the main office while a heavy-lock fire-proof cabinet sits in a back room empty and unused.

Advice to Management

Switch to digital, also your employees and students need more comprehensive tech orientation, especially since most of the classes here are web-based.

2. "Friendly but Limiting"

Former Employee - Digital Communications and Marketing Specialist in Scottsbluff, NE

I worked at Western Nebraska Community College (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, mostly positive and friendly team members, supportive and responsive IT and similar staff, fun and pretty travel between campuses.

Cons

Very little opportunity for advancement, moderate to severe communications issues between departments and campuses, orientation/training is lacking, very remote locations.

Advice to Management

It's discussed and researched - everyone knows - that there are communications issues that start with lack of orientation and training, yet it's a culture weak on moving to correct these things - weak top leadership.