Western Pest Services Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Western Pest Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Western is more than a job, it's a career. There are tons of training for every position and Western is a company that allows you to grow with them. They offer benefits and a 401K.

Cons

The benefits aren't the greatest but it's better than not having any at all. The hours are longer in the summer due to the busy season but it allows for a little over time.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding your employees when they do well as you do and saying thank you for the hard work, it goes a long way.

Jun 11, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to recognize Western as a great place to work. Our employees do work hard, and they are what makes Western Pest Services a great company. We strive to recruit top... More

2. "Working at western"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Pros

It's not a job ,it is a career your ideas and thoughts matter,our salaries are the best in the business, if your into the family feeling this is the place to be .i have been part of this great company for 26 years

Cons

None if something doesn't feel or look right talk to your supervisor it will be worked out

Jun 11, 2017 – Director of HR

Open communication throughout the organization is so important to its health, and I'm glad to brag that it is part of our culture. Of course, we make mistakes, we are human but we recognize the... More

3. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Entomologist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Entomologist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Western Pest Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great family and teamwork atmosphere. Environmentally responsible IPM, quality problem solving, recession proof industry, flexible work schedule, good benefits.

Cons

Not all positions have flexible scheduling. Service based industry is round the clock depending on situation.

Advice to Management

Good job getting all employees what they need to do work properly. Continue to show employees they are valued.

4. "Great organization"

Current Employee - Commercial Sales in Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Western Pest Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a people first company and they really follow through on their commitments. It's a team first mentality and everyone works as a team.

Cons

Not many here. Like most companies today employee benefits could be a little be better, but that seems to be . Maybe additional choices or a credit for not taking benefits at all.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Jun 11, 2017 – Director of HR

Thanks for your feedback. We are always listening to the voice of our employees so we can provide what families need. We know that we don't just employee the people that come to work each day, but... More

5. "Employees Come First"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Spring House, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Spring House, PA

I have been working at Western Pest Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the on-boarding, to the training, to the support from the surrounding team of managers and co-workers, this company puts their employees first. I didn't come from a sales background, but they've provided the tools and materials and training that I need to be successful in my role. You have to put in the work and time to be successful, but the opportunity is absolutely there. From the beginning they stress the importance of taking care of their employees and they follow through. Love this company. Plus they really are the best at what they do.

The comp plan is super competitive as well for the motivated individual!

Cons

There really aren't many, but every company has room to improve. One place they could do so is the healthcare benefits. They aren't the greatest. Not the worst either, but could definitely do better there.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting and rewarding your employees for their hard work and providing them with the tools they need to be successful in their roles. Keep them first!

Better healthcare benefits would be nice too :)

May 11, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. At Western our employees really do come first, because we know if we treat our people well, they will do the same for our... More

6. "Western Pest"

I have been working at Western Pest Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Exceptional benefits, extensive training, friendly/family culture, room for advancement. I have been employed by Western for over 10 years now. I have always felt valued and appreciated by all levels of Management. It's nice to be appreciated!

Cons

The busy season can be challenging........

Advice to Management

Continue to reward employees for their efforts. Keep it up!

7. "Operations"

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Western Pest Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Western is a great company for those interested in a career! I've been very happy with the company culture, everyone is extremely helpful and supportive!

As someone who had previously worked for highly regarded companies, I have say that Western has exceeded all my expectations. The industry itself is also extremely interesting and much more complex than I realized.

Cons

I haven't found any yet.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people and supporting their efforts, it shows in the number of employees that have been here 10 plus years.

"Account Executive"

I worked at Western Pest Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family style atmosphere, paid training, decent base salary.

Cons

Too much work required on a regular basis of sales reps that did not contribute to required quotas. Too much paperwork, not enough management support of customer service issues that have to be dealt with by sales reps and other types of inspections, that take a lot of of time but do not contribute to required quota.

Advice to Management

If sales quotas are solely what a sales rep is judged upon, then the rep's time should be solely devoted to sales that contribute to quotas and not service complaints, inspections or too much paperwork.

Oct 31, 2016 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. Like most companies we depend on our Sales team to help us delight our customers while providing a valuable service. Part of the... More

9. "pest tech"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Western Pest Services full-time

Pros

i love the job really well

Cons

hours harsh but not too bad

Advice to Management

keeep it real

"Fair, Ethical and Community Minded... full of awesome people!"

I have been working at Western Pest Services full-time

Pros

This company is filled with some of the kindest, most helpful coworkers around. Many of these people have worked here 20 + years. The company is stable, and is always looking at ways to get better when needed - while still holding on to the things that have made them who they are. The communication line is always open, and management really cares what people think. As a company we help home owners and businesses and that is a pretty good feeling. I love going into an establishment or hearing from a home owner that we service - it's a really good feeling knowing you work for the organization that protects peoples homes and businesses.

Cons

Everyone has a different opinion about what's important in a job and what isn't! There are very few cons in my opinion. If I had to pick one, I would like to see the company embrace social media and current technologies more quickly.

Jun 14, 2016 – Director of HR

Thanks for the great feedback! We feel we have awesome people working for us too. We do want to continue to make this a great place to work and we encourage our employees to provide feedback to us... More