Western Union Reviews

3.3
Western Union President, CEO and Director Hikmet Ersek
Hikmet Ersek
Pros
Cons
  • "Senior management has a disconnect with employees and their is a lot of politics with the organization due to which department work in Silos(in 36 reviews)

• "Makes work life balance difficult at time(in 31 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good company, small tweaking required"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I appreciate and identify with the mission of the company, which is to move money across borders while meeting compliance regulations for all affected countries. I appreciate the way that I have been treated by this company. The benefits are good, and my work environment is set to a pretty chill pace. We cover a lot of ground and keep moving forward. My boss is cool too.

Cons

I think a focus on infrastructure would be helpful. I know that everyone is super impressed by shiny new security tools, but I don't see the point in painting a rusty car. Might be better to do some refurbishing work on systems, instead of putting a fresh coat of paint on.

Western Union2020-05-05

May 20, 2020Senior Communications Coordinator

Thank you for leaving a review, and we're glad to hear that you have enjoyed your more than three years at Western Union. We are pleased to see so many awesome pros listed, and we also love how passionate our employees are to move money for better with us! Employee feedback is crucial for us in the long run, and we make sure to work hard to create an open and collaborative culture where employees can share ideas and voice their concerns. We will be sure to share your review with the appropriate teams to continue creating positive change for the company. As a current employee, we encourage you to regularly share your feedback by discussing your thoughts with your manager, answering our monthly WU Listens survey, or sending us a confidential email through careers@westernunion.com.

2. "Corporate Global experience"

Current Employee - Internal Audit Senior in Denver, CO

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Multicultural environment at the Global level

Cons

I don’t want to answer this question

Western Union2020-02-20

March 6, 2020Sr. Communications Coordinator

We're glad that you love our global and multi-cultural environment, and we thank you for 5+ years of service. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and we're glad to have you on our team!

3. "Remittance and Compliance"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Montvale, NJ

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Challenging environment; Employee motivation programs; globally distributed yet unified structure

Cons

Employees sometimes lack cohesiveness and cooperation during work; limited career advancement opportunities

Western Union2020-06-02
  4. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Human Resources Business Partner

I worked at Western Union full-time

Pros

Good benefits - PTO is great

Cons

Lots of restructuring - seems like every year

Western Union2020-05-31
  5. "Good work life balance. Good for long term .."

Current Employee - Architect

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance. Good work environment. Lots to learn.

Cons

You can get breadth to your career here but only a few may reach heights.

Western Union2020-05-22

"Work culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Western Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work culture is very collaborative and encourages inputs from mid-level management and use those for future changes

Cons

Need to be in the cutting edge for technology adoption

Western Union2020-04-29

May 7, 2020Senior Communications Coordinator

Thank you for making time to leave a review. We love that you listed our company culture as a pro! #WUHOO! We believe that "better comes from everywhere," and so all employees are encouraged to share their ideas and work with different teams to find the best ways to help us move money for better. Our company continues to focus on technology, and we are cultivating an agile approach, fostering collaboration, and increasing our presence in strategic business locations. As we expand our digital offerings globally, our organizational structure has shifted to support this technology focus. With the WU Way, we are constantly looking for ways we can be more efficient and do our work even better than we did before. We take to heart all feedback from current and former employees, and we will be sure to share your thoughts with the appropriate teams moving forward.

7. "QA Lead"

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

QA Lead - Functional Projects

Cons

Very good Company to work

Western Union2020-04-29

May 7, 2020Senior Communications Coordinator

First, we want to say thank you for your more than eight years of hard work at Western Union, and for leaving a 5-star review! There's no greater compliment than our employees' stamp of approval, and we're glad to have you on our team! #WUWIN

8. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I worked at Western Union full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Really enjoyed working with very talented people in many parts of the organization. People generally worked hard and felt a common purpose and commitment to the business.

Cons

Direction from executive level leaders changed often, creating confusion among the working teams. Leaders themselves needed to coordinate and work together a lot more. Different strategies across organizations generated a lot of wasted work and frustration with the people who really made things happen.

Western Union2020-04-21

May 7, 2020Senior Communications Coordinator

We're thrilled to hear that you had a positive experience while working in Western Union! Our global workforce of talented people is definitely one of our strongest selling points as an employer. As we are in the middle of a very transformative time, changing the way we work to improve the customer experience and drive growth for the company, ALL employees must work to strengthen our collaboration, communication, and culture. We understand that these changes have led to some difficult decisions, and we also understand the impact that management and leadership have on our employees. As we continually improve our company processes, we will share comments like yours, to help influence positive change. We thank you for your eight years of hard work as a Western Union employee, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

"Difficult Atmosphere"

2.0
    Former Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I worked at Western Union full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great People to work with

Cons

Poor Executive Leadership providing no Direction

Western Union2020-04-13

April 14, 2020Sr. Communications Coordinator

First, we want to say thank you for your 10+ years of hard work at Western Union! We're glad to hear that you enjoy working with such passionate team members, and we, too, are happy to have them working for us around the world! We strive to create a work environment where employees learn a lot and feel fulfilled with the work they do in the company. However, we're disappointed to hear about your experience with management and that you wouldn't recommend Western Union. We value employee feedback and also understand the impact that management and leadership have on our employees, so we hold ourselves and our leaders to the highest standards of integrity. As we continue to transform as an organization, we will definitely take note of your feedback, and if there is anything else you would like to share with us confidentially, please feel free to reach out to us through careers@westernunion.com.

"Good Place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Technical DevOps Manager - Big Data Risk and Payments in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent team in SF office, good rapport between team members

Cons

Management needs to provide better growth opportunities

Western Union2020-03-26

April 3, 2020Sr. Communications Coordinator

First, we want to say thank you for your more than five years of hard work at Western Union! We're happy to hear about your positive experience with our team! We take your feedback regarding growth opportunities seriously. We strive to allocate resources and provide opportunities equally, based on contribution, skills, and experience. We hope you will continue having thoughtful development conversations with your manager and share your thoughts in our monthly WU Listens survey.

Found 1132 reviews