Western Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Western Union President, CEO and Director Hikmet Ersek
Hikmet Ersek

1. Featured Review

"Changing"

I have been working at Western Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Purpose of moving money for better is real at WU. The good the company does is amazing, often overlooked. New focus on wuway gives all employees hope for the future.

Cons

Too much bureaucracy and non-value add work mainly driven by finance and legal. Can be passive aggressive, vp's complain without offering solutions.

Advice to Management

Move faster on culture and change, get managers out that are not aligned. Focus on the customer.

Feb 27, 2017 – Manager, Community Engagement

Thanks for the feedback. We agree that the company is going through an exciting period of change and rapid digitization. We are interested in continuing to drive down bureaucracy wherever there is ... More

2. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Western Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

flexibility is big plus to have balance

Advice to Management

none

Feb 27, 2017 – Manager, Community Engagement

Thanks for your review!

3. "Senior Compliance Analyst"

Current Employee - Compliance Senior Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Compliance Senior Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Western Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best training, awesome array of cultures, best perks, great salaries, amazing CEO & President, great place to work

Cons

As with any company, leadership sometimes stray from the importance of teamwork and can become selfish. However, recently the light at the end of the tunnel got real big and leadership has now empowered and motivated heir teams to reach higher.

Dec 7, 2016 – Manager, Community Engagement

Thank you so much for sharing your review! We appreciate your honest feedback.

5. "Noc"

Former Employee - IT NOC Engineer in Forum, AR
    Former Employee - IT NOC Engineer in Forum, AR

Pros

Great place to work. Great culture and people the directors and BPs are great

Cons

None I have nothing negative to Sat about this company

Advice to Management

None

Dec 7, 2016 – Manager, Community Engagement

Great review, thanks for sharing! We love the pros you call out.

6. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Great company support , strategy , tools , Industry Leader

Cons

No regional or National sales conventions

Advice to Management

VP 30 minutes call with account executives to understand the challenges and opportunities

7. "Senior Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Western Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team of co-workers who are helpful, positive and always ask, "Why?" instead of being complacent.

Cons

Onboarding was a little slower compared to other companies I worked for. For example: I didn't get my work laptop until the 2nd or 3rd day.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging your team and stay positive. Employees appreciate kind and thoughtful leaders.

Oct 24, 2016 – Manager, Community Engagement

Thanks for the input! The people we get to work with here are definitely one of the best parts of working at Western Union (WU). Thanks for letting us know about the onboarding delay you experienced ... More

8. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Western Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great leadership, great people. Lots of diversity and opportunity to grow skills

Cons

Need to be a self starter to succeed. If you're not a self starter, this may not be a good fit

"Territory account manager"

Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Great flexibility and absolutely great values company !

Cons

New regulations make it hard to get clients engaged

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work , but streamline processes. To be the best , you have to have the best processes and support to your sales people in place

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Western Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits far outweigh any other company I've worked for. Sense of culture and company values are exhibited daily, and the foundation encourages employee engagement.!Strong management that encourages collaboration across groups. Great opportunities to grow if you know where to look for them.

Cons

Staffing budgets vary widely across department. Certain departments have high turnover, or temp employees that never learn their job. The long standing employees in those areas are overworked.

Advice to Management

Ensure that staffing needs are met across the company, and not just in certain departments.

"Work for Better"

Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Western Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Admittedly I have been there a short time but, just the last month has been a breath of fresh air. I have been blessed in that I have worked at some great places and as a vet I know what it is like to be a part of something that you are proud of. My previous civilian employment never made me feel like I was part of a group working together to do something great. Working at WU I get to talk with people all over the world and it makes me feel good when I show up for work and I know I can do something that could improve lives, make the world more connected and do some good for others in need.
    The process of starting at a new job is generally a total disaster; your computer takes days to be ready, no one talks to the "ugly new guy" and you have no idea what is going on. At Western Union my computer was ready when I showed up, everyone is very nice and my first line managers actually take the time to see how I am doing as well as give me guidance on expectations. I have had the chance to speak Spanish, Arabic and most people can understand my broken english (I was born and raised in Florida, so you know it can be difficult for people who didn't grow up "redneck"). The multicultural feel is amazing I love going into the cafe and hearing all these languages it is like walking around Heathrow Airport.
    My experience with WU really started some time ago, after attending a veteran's recruiting event. The recruiting staff were very engaged they called me regularly to get status updates and advocated on my behalf. I am very grateful for the opportunity and I hope to repay that kindness and professionalism with hard work.

Cons

1. They only occasionally have coconut chicken curry in the cafe (I feel like there should be a permanent curry bar section)
    2. The elevators are terribly slow, good for conversation bad for being late to Skype meetings.
    3. The parking lot reminds me of Disney World except no trams to bring me to the door.
    4. Security is like Fort Knox so if you are the type of person who thinks wearing an ID badge clashes with your Bananarama lunch box then you may have change your accessories.

Advice to Management

I have only been here like a month so I probably shouldn't be giving anyone advice. That being said my advice would be inviting different food trucks from downtown Denver one day a week during the warm months so we can enjoy the amazing Colorado outdoors