Western Union Senior Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Western Union President, CEO and Director Hikmet Ersek
Hikmet Ersek

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Get ready for the layoffs -- all jobs moving to Pune India"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Western Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No accountability as senior mgmt doesn't have a clue what actually happens.
    Come and go as you want, work from home as you wait for your job to be eliminated as all jobs are moving to the new office in Pune India

Cons

Knowing your job will be eliminated eventually , today 82% of all IT workers are TATA contractors in India, hard to get any work done as the outsourcing companies control everything

Advice to Management

Hope you all enjoy your golden parachutes

Western Union Response

Jul 13, 2017 – Manager, Community Engagement

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. As Western Union continues to focus on technology, we are implementing a new location that will enable us to align our presence to... More

2. "Great challenging work experience."

Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Englewood, CO
    Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at Western Union as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative work environment. Great global diversity and different cultures. It was ever dynamic, ever-changing environment. Non stop to deliver projects on time and on budget.

Cons

Western Union has decided to outsource IT staff to TaTa in India. Yes, the company is trying to save money but at what cost? Western Union is financial services company. The customer financial data should stay in the USA. Also, the IT jobs should stay in USA. It is more efficient working with Agile team locally.

Advice to Management

Boosting customer satisfaction with a balanced, personalized approach. Social media engagement could improve company performance. Social media strategies should extend beyond promotional discounts. Responsive customer service representatives were also an important aspect of customer satisfaction. Many firms are trying to use social media to expand the reach of their brands, but this should not be done at the expense of customer service. Walmart is becoming competitor. Let us not forget that Western Union is USA company and should be very vigilant on innovation in this very competitive market. We do not want Western Union to eventually disappear as a brand. Western Union can be awesome company!