Western University of Health Sciences "pomona" Reviews | Glassdoor

Western University of Health Sciences Employee Reviews about "pomona"

Updated Dec 13, 2016

4.0
Western University of Health Sciences President Daniel R. Wilson
Daniel R. Wilson
Pros
Cons
  • "There are no Cons, I haven't not one single complaint(in 6 reviews)

• "University is located in a not so good city (Pomona)(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "pomona"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Associate Professor"

I have been working at Western University of Health Sciences

Pros

Good company to work. Good perks and work hours. Responsive management.

Cons

Small campus. No football team. Campus located in Pomona, CA. Some buildings need renovation.

Western University of Health Sciences2015-08-12
  2. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Western University of Health Sciences full-time

Pros

Good people all around. Won't find a better place where the employer looks after their employees and bosses that actually care. With the constant growth, this place is a great place to work at especially if you're looking for challenges. Decent perks for time off and other little health benefits.

Cons

University is located in a not so good city (Pomona). There are always strange/unwanted individuals lurking about nearby the campuses. If it's dark out, please be careful and request for a guard to assist you to walking to your vehicle.

Advice to Management

The best thing you can do is to listen to the feedback of your employees and try to improve in areas that need improvement that are not easily seen. Only then will it make for a better work environment, thus improving productivity since employees will love coming to work.

Western University of Health Sciences2016-12-13
  3. "Decent place to work"

I worked at Western University of Health Sciences full-time

Pros

Worked with some great faculty members who were very knowledgeable in their respective fields, and learned a great deal from them. There is also a very friendly and family like atmosphere in the workplace.

Cons

The campus is in downtown Pomona and many of the buildings are old and run down. The building I worked in did not have windows where I worked. I felt like I was working in a jail cell somedays.

Western University of Health Sciences2015-07-16
  4. "Close group of friendly coworkers."

I have been working at Western University of Health Sciences

Pros

I like working for Western University COMP because everyone is so friendly, caring and helpful. They really make you feel welcomed and part of the team.

Cons

One con would be having to do so many things the exact same way that Pomona does things.

Western University of Health Sciences2015-01-25
  5. "Great place to work, awful location"

Current Employee - Multimedia Specialist in Pomona, CA

I have been working at Western University of Health Sciences full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People, friendly atmosphere, family oriented, decent salary, great benefits, two week winter break for all employees and yearly 3% raise. If you're interested in further education, WesternU will cover certain amount for you after your first year as a full time employee. There's a decent food/coffee place on Campus and a bookstore which also sells snacks and goodies. Downtown Pomona has few nice restaurants, and the... bunch of cheap fast food.

Cons

Location, location, location. Pomona is far away from civilization, dirty and unsafe at night, surrounded with nice but extremely boring small cities. Air smells really bad most of the time because of Chino farms near by. Campus itself is very nice. Few new modern buildings and couple of really old and ugly ones. It's very old-fashioned, covered in carpets with long dark corridors. Esplanade is nice and eventful,... but this is far, far from likes of UCLA or USC. Not even close...

Advice to Management

Raises used to be way higher than 3%. Economy is back on track, so what are you waiting for? :-)

Western University of Health Sciences2015-01-19