Western Wats Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Beneficial"

Former Employee - Research Agent
    Former Employee - Research Agent

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent pay, teaches communication skills, gives confidence to speak to strangers on the phone, not telemarketing.

Cons

Some surveys can be very time consuming making it hard to reach Production Rate goal but as long as some effort is given it should always be easy to reach goal.

Advice to Management

Don't hire under age workers

2. "customer service rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Casa Grande, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Casa Grande, AZ

I worked at Western Wats full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility of job and the variaty of people you experience per shift

Cons

Office closed due to child labor law infringement

Advice to Management

Hire and regulate correctly

3. "Caller"

Former Employee - Caller in Rexburg, ID
    Former Employee - Caller in Rexburg, ID

I worked at Western Wats part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rexburg, Idaho location- Flexible scheduling, wow stress, works well for college students. Easy to get hired. They hire almost anyone who comes in.

Cons

You have to spend hours getting hung up on everyday. Some people are extremely rude, to the point of harassment.

4. "Utah culture and lazy execs made things"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Orem, UT

I worked at Western Wats part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They had cool work parties, and sometimes took us golfing. Gave out lots of free stuff at said parties.

Cons

The execs seemed to play a lot. And at the end of the day they'd come down hard on the little guys doing all the work.

Advice to Management

At least pretend that you work. An recognize the little guys for the work they do.

5. "good work life balance no growth"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Orem, UT

I worked at Western Wats full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good work life balance, nice office

Cons

expect no growth, poor salaries

6. "Western Wats/Opinionology is poor place to work."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rexburg, ID
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rexburg, ID

I worked at Western Wats full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People were fun to work with

Cons

Raises non-existent. No chance for advancement. No benefits of any kind. Massive lay-offs with little to no warning.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as valuable members of the team rather than expendable commodities.

"Work sucks but the pay and atmosphere would not bad."

Former Employee - Interviewer in Wayne, NE
    Former Employee - Interviewer in Wayne, NE

I worked at Western Wats part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was nice to get a paycheck each week. TGIF indeed when it was the beginning of the weekend and pay day. Your pay depends the number of surveys you complete and the time it takes to finish them. My supervisors were professional but very relaxed and flexible. I've screwed up a few times and they let it slide. That can't be emphasized enough, the work environment is the epitome of business casual.

I have social anxiety and it get pronounced over the phone where you cannot hear a person as well. Though after say the first month, I still felt nervous but it wasn't as paralyzing as before and you'll feel more confident as you memorize your surveys.

The schedule is very flexible, it was easy to go to school and pay rent at the same time. You can easily reschedule as well, provided its done in advance.

Cons

Your experience entirely depends on what kind of survey you are doing. The short and easy ones that take less than three minutes or the long and tedious one that take up to 45 minutes. The reality is almost ALL surveys are boring, just some are more than others. You will be bored and frustrated if you don't get a complete in two hours. There was a few times where I had zero completes in the entire six hour shift.

Some people can handle it better than others, I am not surprised the turn over rate is high. I'm surprised I managed a whole year and I'm a naturally restless person.

Sometimes you get sent home early, its a pleasant change once in a while but there are times you get sent home early day after day, for not completing enough surveys in time (which isn't always in your control) or just some silly reason. Those phases are infrequent but they do suck because money suddenly becomes tight, its almost like holding your breath.

Before I got laid off, I didn't receive a notice at all that the call center was closing down. I was fortunate to meet a supervisor in the store randomly. Maybe they didn't care because I've heard a rumor that we were the worst call center of them all. I don't know how true that is.

Overall I say this. You can't go wrong with this company, the work itself is boring as hell but almost everything else makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Except that if you're going to lay someone off, please let them know.

8. "Satisfied"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Orem, UT

Pros

Environment and location were nice. No micro managing. Relaxed working environment.

Cons

Lack of visibility and direction

Advice to Management

Increase your pay of company champions

"Good, but a disconnect between leadership and the rest"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Pros

Constant challenge - all of the employees encouraged to develop themselves and the business. Bonus structure promotes attaining and exceeding realistic goals.

Cons

Base pay sucks. Benefits are pitiful. Work expectation is off the hook. While management is off on a mountain bike ride, everyone else is slaving away

Advice to Management

Try to be more inclusive. The senior folks form a boys club, and the rest of us are on the outside looking in.

10. "Average"

Current Employee - Interviewer in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Interviewer in Provo, UT

Pros

They have a pretty Flexible Schedule that lets you work mostly when you want. The hours are pretty good as well.

Cons

There isn't always consistent work. Sometimes they send you home early because there isn't a lot of work which is frustrating.

Advice to Management

Make the work more consistent and offer better and more competitive compensation. Take more time to train us, sometimes I was docked for things I didn't know about.