Westernacher Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Recent Hire at Westernacher"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Wellesley, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Westernacher Consulting full-time

Pros

Combines the initiative-valuing culture of a startup with the the global resources of a long time industry leader. The team is friendly and supportive with is no strict hierarchy - the management is very accessible. The company is currently experiencing very rapid growth so there is a lot of room for personal initiative.

Cons

The geographical spread of the team can make the coordination of communication efforts a labor-intensive task.

Advice to Management

Keep the "family" atmosphere of the company as it expands in numbers.

2. "Growing Firm on a Global Scale"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Westernacher Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The experiences are really fruitful with Westernacher over the past 8 years. The opportunities that are given by the company are tremendous. The company provided me with the rotation across 3 regions and multiple leadership positions in projects and teams. Although the company has become a truly global firm with a fairly large scope of service, it's still keeping a more family-like culture - the colleagues across the globe are well connected at both professional level and personal level (the degree obviously depends on the local culture as well). If you're looking for diversity, potential for growth and community-like ambiance, this is the place to work for.

Cons

As the firm grows to a very different level and size globally, some internal processes may need to be further streamlined by leveraging more sophisticated tools. That's obviously part of the development. The management has created a dedicated team to address the internal processes. It's been so far progressing pretty nicely.

Advice to Management

The senior management respects the team and values every single person no matter which consultant level you're at and what type of work you're doing. Please keep up!

"A Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Westernacher Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company which is small in size in the US but the opportunities that are up for grabs is huge.. I have worked for 3 of the top consulting firms in the world , the exposure i have got here if i were to get it in those companies would have taken at least 3 more years. Any good work -big or small is gonna reach the senior management pretty quick and gets recognized.

Cons

This organisation is not for those who are not vibrant .

Advice to Management

you guys are doing great ..keep that going.

"Great company with many opportunities to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Junior Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Junior Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Westernacher Consulting full-time

Pros

- Good opportunity for self-motivated individuals. As a small company there is lots of chances to learn and grow career on one's own initiative
    - Fun colleagues that are also experts in their respective field
    - Strong culture with management that is supportive and invested in employees
    - Global presence, which means there are many opportunities to travel and network
    - Excellent benefits and compensation

Cons

Colleagues live all over the US, which makes it hard to maintain a cohesive team spirit outside of projects, but management makes an effort to build camaraderie with team building events, which are a great time.

Advice to Management

Westernacher is growing quickly, and I hope the culture is maintained as the company evolves

5. "Management"

I have been working at Westernacher Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- partnership
    - caring
    - entrepreneurial spirit
    - home office
    - interesting tasks
    - good salary

Cons

- sometimes really busy times due to projects

6. "Finance and accounts"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Westernacher Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere, very understanding boss and HR. Flexible timing, work from home even for support team, respect each ones thought. Over all it is fun working

Cons

Nothing as such .... .

Advice to Management

Very good management, very understanding good boss, down to earth

"" A Fresh Approach to Consulting ""

Pros

Having worked in the SAP industry for 25 years and for 10 of those in Consulting i thought i knew the "Way Things Were". Then in January 2015 I joined Westernacher as a UK employee and part of the European Business Unit for SAP Transportation Management. Since then i was immediately attached to a very interesting project in the area of Freight Forwarding.

Westernacher is a very innovative company always keeping up with the latest technology and advantages in the SAP Arena as well as other areas of IT advancement. With its own design models that add value to standard SAP implementations the environment is always fresh.

Hard Work while having fun is a principal that we stick to and though opportunities to meet up as an entire team are rare as we are widely spread, when we do the experience is always great. As individuals we do not take ourselves too seriously but we are serious about our projects and we are taken seriously by our customers.

For me joining Westernacher re-ignited the passion and the fun of a consultant who thought he had seen it all

Cons

I am struggling to find Any

Maybe we all wish we could get together more often

8. "Smart and fast growing company"

Current Employee - EWM Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - EWM Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Westernacher Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have joined Westernacher UK, London 1 year ago as EWM consultant and moved from Czech Republic to UK. Before joining I have been working for small and mid size clients in central and eastern Europe. Westernacher allowed me to join trully exciting projects on global market and made possible I had a chance to do more senior type of work. I think what is really exciting about our company is the fantastic team we have, full of many talents and with sharp expertise. The Supply Chain competence of Westernacher over other global players like Accenture is overwhelming. Company is on a very good path.

Cons

The only cons I would say is that some people prefer to be freelancers and as any other company, Westernacher as well has to pay back office costs. However even in this area Westernacher is absolutely transparent and fair and offers shareholder opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep the hard work, keep our SCM competency, don't stop with innovations. Keep pioneering Transportation and SCM e-commerce.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at Westernacher Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Westernacher has a great global presence but at the same time provides flexibility. Values employees input

Cons

It's footprint in the US is the largest, could use more folks from diverse backgrounds to bring in different experiences

Advice to Management

More focus on internal workshops, lunch and learn sessions. Enable people to learn from each other

"Refreshing & Unique"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Westernacher Consulting full-time

Pros

Having worked with SAP for over 20 years for a range of large to mid consultancies and end users I have finally settled at Westernacher. There is no politics that a large consultancy brings - all employees are treated equally and everyone's voice is heard. Despite an aggressive growth target for year 2020 we are still continuing our focus and expertise in our specialist areas

Cons

Maybe sometimes to laid back as a company but I do believe this is changing

Advice to Management

To ensure that our delivery quality and expertise stays at the levels we have achieved so far - these are the main reasons are customers return!