Westgate Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
David A. Siegel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • fun, good money, great training (in 8 reviews)

• best place to work the eviroment is amazing good pay and easy work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • NO benefits what so ever for working there (in 8 reviews)

• Pay sucks, management does not care about employees and plays favorite, not much room for growth unless your related to management (in 4 reviews)

1. "Comfortable work environment"

I have been working at Westgate Resorts full-time

Pros

Great benefits and reliable managers

Cons

A long distance from home

2. "Closing Officer"

Former Employee - Closing Officer
    Former Employee - Closing Officer

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, great pay.

Cons

Need to give a person at least 2 weeks before they lay them off so they can look for work.

Advice to Management

None.

3. "Busy"

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time

Pros

Good team of people. Casino environment

Cons

Lots of work and responsibility with very low pay

4. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Westgate Resorts full-time

Pros

really good enviroment, you get a lot of training.

Cons

sometimes everything is about just to make money

5. "Unprofessional, Plays Favoritism and LIES to Customers"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like the casino atmosphere, it can be fun to work there. The rooms (only the 40 that are actually converted to Timeshare units) are pretty nice and sell itself and Elvis previously living there is pretty cool. If your good they will favor you and hand select the best yours for you, if your not you get stuck with the WORST tours.

Cons

It's an absolute disfuctional zoo... No one knows what they are doing, they will hire ANYONE even people who come in for another job! The General Manager teaches people how to pitch heat and hand selects tours for her husband. Richard Siegel is the most disgusting person to ever walk this earth and has NO respect for the individuals who make him MILLIONS of dollars! Be prepared to be lined up from worst to best and get screamed at in the morning meetings. They have a $7,000 reserve -- unheard of -- and you NEVER get that money back when you leave! Very unprofessional from the way from people dress to the way they talk and carry themselves. You are a number and easily replaced at any monent. NO benefits what so ever for working there!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Professionalism... appreciation.... integrity.... honesty

6. "Horrible Place To Work"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can not think of one good thing about this resort or company.

Cons

Horrible management, constantly yelling at screaming at employees as well as guest, benefits suck, high turn over, HR will do nothing, managers use profanity all time, employees sleep on the job or watch t.v., housekeeping department has no clue on how to clean rooms, Resort is rundown and WiFi is a joke, out dated computers and software, a lot of day to day drama, poor training, poor pay, crappy schedule and changes by the day, CEO doesn't care about employees only might buck but keeps things cheap at resorts, everything design to suck as much money out guest as possible and don't care if guest comeback.

Advice to Management

Replace all managers except engineering. Spend serious money and quit treating employees like dirt. Even better sell company to someone who really cares about the hotel/ resort industry.

7. "Up and Coming"

Pros

Ability to be creative in the workplace

Cons

Outdated systems (my property didn't even have a credit card machine)

Advice to Management

Start looking at the hospitality industry and get current or you'll sink

8. "Good Money but poorly managed!"

Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Cocoa Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Cocoa Beach, FL

I worked at Westgate Resorts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was good.
    Good Medical Benefits(so I am told).
    Disney passes-if they ever show up

Cons

The managers do not care about anybody's ideas to improve the place.
    You will be over worked to the breaking point. They are horrible at hiring people during peak season. People quit left and right and thus you get over worked. The over time and tips are insane. The money though becomes almost meaningless. You will have no free time at all. You get no breaks and no meals. You will work 12 hours straight non stop action. Again the money was amazing but it takes a toll on your body. It is a pace you can not maintain. Eventually the money will not be enough to keep you sane and happy. We went through so many managers just during my time and even more before and after my time. Honestly if you keep going through a bunch of managers wouldn't you look at the next highest person and think maybe people don't like working for that person?!?!? People don't quit jobs, they quit bosses and this is for sure the case at the Cocoa Beach Pier.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees ideas. We talk to people on a regular basis and we take that feedback and relay it back to you. We wanna help but you are not letting us help you. Get better at hiring and training people and retaining people. You guys over work people to the point that they burn out and just leave. The problem is they quit during the busiest times and don't put in their two weeks and leave fellow employees to pick up the unexpected slack. The place makes money but you become almost disenchanted to the money aspect and soon you realize the stress does not equal the pay. The reviews the Pier would get would be brutal, reviews of rude employees, slow service. All stuff that happens when people are spread thin. You can not have people work twelve hours straight with no food and no breaks and expect an excellent attitude all the way through. You can not have fast service when one person is expected to do the work of two people. Restuarants that big have bus boys and food runners. For some reason westgate is against that. Anything that speeds up things and makes things efficient you guys shoot down. As soon as function trumps form the place will make even more money.

"Night Auditor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollister, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollister, MO

I have been working at Westgate Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, Flexible, Fair Pay,

Cons

A lot of employees, and many different resorts, so it feels corporate and like I (an employee) am dispensable and not valued.

Advice to Management

Make an effort to make employees feel valued and appreciated.

"Policies are not very clear"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Westgate Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly environment. Job is very easy to learn.

Cons

Really hard to move up from certain departments. Some Policies change very frequently

Advice to Management

Certain policies should be made very clear from and revisited should they change and become more of a gray area.