KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Westgate Resorts

Engaged Employer

Westgate Resorts

Add a Review

Westgate Resorts Employee Reviews about "westgate"

Updated Oct 27, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 684 of over 687 reviews
3.3
57% Recommend to a Friend
62% Approve of CEO

Found 20 of over 687 reviews

3.3
Westgate Resorts CEO  David A. Siegel (no image)
David A. Siegel

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Promise of short hours and good pay(in 40 reviews)
  • "NICE PEOPLE AND GREAT BENEFITS.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and 401K if you stay with the company long enough.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Great training offered before you hit the floor(in 23 reviews)
  • "A place where there is potential to earn good money as long as you can take the nature of the job and the company.(in 15 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Westgate Resorts and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "westgate"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to work for!

Oct 27, 2021 - Director of Housekeeping
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best reason to work at Westgate is the support of senior management.

Cons

It is not in the best neighborhood and homeless people sometimes try to hide out in areas they shouldn’t be

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Decent job.

Oct 12, 2021 - Licensed Massage Therapist in Gatlinburg, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, guaranteed tips, discounted spa treatments for employees, discounts at Westgate resort stays and area attractions

Cons

the parking ( over half a mile from facility, have to stand in weather for unpredictable shuttles) and staffing turnover.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love what I do

Feb 9, 2021 - Executive Secretary in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love my team were all family

Cons

I have no cons working for Westgate

1 person found this review helpful

Westgate Resorts Response

VP Marketing, Entertainment & Guest Experience

Thank you so much for your feedback and enthusiasm. We truly pride ourselves on the culture of our company and input such as yours tells us that we are on the correct path. Thank you for what you do and I hope that you continue to develop your career with your Westgate Las Vegas family. Regards, Dawn Rawle VP Marketing, Entertainment & Guest Experience

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The real deal

Jan 14, 2021 - Vice President in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Westgate offers an incredible work environment; they support team members unlike any other hospitality company that I have ever worked for. They walk the talk and really care. The company was amazing pre-pandemic, however, being with them through the past year has illustrated the that they are the real deal. I feel like I am working in the SAFEST resort in Las Vegas. From regular testing, PPE for home and work freely given, quarantine pay, to including inactive employees in our kid's holiday gift program. I have seen us take care of affected employees with a true human touch which is lost in other big box resorts (speaking from first-hand experience). They are kind, generous and I am proud to work here. The overall environment is very entrepreneurial. Ideas are welcomed, vetted for viability and implemented immediately. It’s a refreshing approach that is very different. Your speed to market is immediate and not lost in bureaucracy. If you are looking at this company find someone on LinkedIn and reach out. I encourage you to get feedback because it will be good.

Cons

I don't have any. Concerns from the team are heard and addressed so there is nothing to be unhappy about.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Room for growth, supportive management team

Dec 28, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for westgate you have a chance to build a strong relationship with the managers. I love working for this company. It’s literally the best place to build your resume and grow.

Cons

Maybe the pay but it’s something that will eventually work it’s way to where one wants to be

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Most all timeshare sales reps will go broke here.

Jun 1, 2018 - Timeshare Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

The timeshare sales reps get an awesome free breakfast and lunch buffet every day.

Cons

If you are reading this and thinking about becoming a timeshare sales rep here let me tell you. You will NEVER EVER EVER make more than minimum wage --$8.25/hr-- working for these jokers. YOU are NOT the exception. This IS what will happen to YOU. Here's the real dope. Maybe 8 out of 10 families they bring in to sell are non-qualified – broke – families almost impossible to sell. Broke families are often tipped off by the guy who reeled them in to lie about their income so they will qualify for the opportunity - and the free gifts. Maybe 2 out of 10 actually have enough money to buy the product. YOU will NOT be assigned those families. They are assigned to the love line - the 20% of reps that always get the money families - the reps who end up closing a deal almost every day. Who are they? The bf/gf or husband/wife of an employee management already values, hot sexy babe reps (yeah you know why), reps with 10 years experience they are absolutely sure won't lose a deal, someone they are grooming to move into management, management's personal buddies, that kind of people. Not YOU. YOU will get assigned the lousy tours – the 80% of families who are dead broke or otherwise deemed by management as impossible to sell (unmarried couples, for example). Broke families will waste your time playing you, acting interested - to move things along quickly so they can say no at the end and get to their free stuff. SOMEONE has to take on all these lousy tours they bring in. Management isn't going to hand over the free gifts to them for nothing, management is at least going to TRY to sell them. And maybe 1 out of 20 of these lousy tours WILL end up signing papers even if they can't really afford it. That is why they need the other 80% of the reps on the floor. To deal with the broke families. If you get lucky and actually sell one of them then your commission will be used to wipe out your minimum wage draw (the money that was drawn against your future commissions) and you will get nothing for your work. Most of the new reps who are constantly dealt these lousy tours end up quitting after three or four months after few or no sales. And that's why the company is constantly looking for more new reps to put on the floor - constantly churning and burning their reps. If you don't quit, management will tell you it's YOUR fault, that YOU are a lousy salesperson. Management will start endlessly abusing you with insults and trivial training tips that have absolutely nothing to do with the fact you were dealt a stack of broke tours. Management will hold firm on the line that "broke tours" is just an excuse that losers use. And eventually they will just fire you anyway as soon as they can get some new sucker to replace you who MIGHT be a bit better than you. Some reps that are a bit better than brand-new do get an occasional sale. Management throws them a money family once in a while because no one else is available who they would rather give it to – or to string the rep along with a bit of hope. Then three months later 2 out of 3 times corporate will tell the rep that the family never finished paying, so the commission is being clawed back out of their checks or reserve balance. Again they get almost nothing for their work. A few years back over 300 sales reps at Myrtle Beach filed a class-action lawsuit proving this company never paid them commissions due. The reps won in court. THEN Westgate counter-sued them individually to try to clawback the money. Do you want to work for a company like that? I think not. Only the love line gets paid here. If YOU aren't on it, you will get your $8.25 an hour and nothing more. Management mouth here is a constant pack of lies to twist gullible minds into buying into this scam. The love line reps know this head-game and play along. There's a good bit of this sort of thing going on at all the timeshare companies. It's just a whole lot worse at this one.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0

Welcome Center Agent

Jan 12, 2018 - Welcome Center Representative in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful people, employees are great. Great work ethics and consistent team building is emphasized. Great perks such as free theme park tickets and Westgate cruise and travel.

Cons

Lack of growing ability in the company for those who are not bilingual. No real discount on stays booked for employees, we basically get the taxes off. Management can be spiteful, plays favorites and scheduling can be based off of this. The pay definitely isn't great and during slow season hours are constantly being cut. Communication between management is also lacking, rules are constantly changed and changed back, different managers abide by different rules.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Selling in corporate

Jan 31, 2018 - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

No micromanaging honestly the only pro, the discounts on westgate cruise and travel, there really are not that many pro

Cons

The pay is lousy after a great tax cut no increase in pay, the dress code when not seeing any owner, the clicks between supervisors, the rules don’t apply to certain persons, no time to meet numbers after coming back from leave

9. 2.0

PBX

Oct 18, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You gain customer service experience.

Cons

Its always about Westgate. They do not accommodate when it comes to weekends.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

sales

Oct 16, 2017 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

the benifites that westgate has to offer its families is huge I look forward to going to work every morning just knowing that I will have the task of helping another family realize their dreams

Cons

westgates pay structure is really bad we have lost a lot of good people because of payroll issues their payrolll is the worse i have ever seen in my 65 years of working.

1 person found this review helpful