Found 1,220 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay is good if you are an engineer but don't like to do actual engineering." (in 125 reviews)
- "Good benefits and you got paid." (in 103 reviews)
- "Good People and in general professional" (in 101 reviews)
- "Salaries are competitive with other industries" (in 60 reviews)
- "Coworkers are good" (in 27 reviews)
- "Poor Management / inexperience personnel/terrible customer service" (in 116 reviews)
- "Upper management is clueless!" (in 62 reviews)
- "I somehow made it through all of the massive layoffs and business unit sell offs in the 90s." (in 47 reviews)
- "Some managers have been there for years and that is the only reason they are still there (it is not about ability)" (in 44 reviews)
- "Few women in senior leadership roles (of 15" (in 37 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Westinghouse and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 17, 2023Principal Nuclear EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsCranberry Twp, PA
Important projects to save the planet.
Not paid as well as customer’s engineers at power plants.
- 3.0Oct 22, 2023Team ManagerCurrent EmployeeBlairsville, PA
Great group of support from fellow team members
Union shop and can be headache at times. Great group of people. Some take advantage of union mentalities
- 2.0Sep 15, 2023Sr. EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsColumbia, SC
Getting to be a part of a large group working to keep Nuclear Power going strong.
Being treated as expendable and limitless, and then given the run around about additional compensation or options.1
- 5.0Sep 27, 2023Fluid Systems EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCranberry Twp, PA
Excellent management, prioritizes safety, excellent office culture
Pay bands have little wiggle room, high expectation of casual overtime
- 2.0Sep 9, 2023TechnicianCurrent Employee
changing work enviroment, supportive co workers, and interesting field
abusive management, no job advancement, no increases in pay
- 4.0Aug 15, 2023Advance Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCranberry Twp, PA
Work life balance. You're not expected to work 24/7 like other places. In the case you're needed to work weekends or extra hours you'll be compensated.
Industry is slow and stagnant. Not a lot of new exciting projects unless you get on the eVinci micro reactor team.
- 4.0Sep 21, 2023IT AuditorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsTexas City, TX
Integrity, respect, diversity, safety and empowerment
I don't see a reason not to wanna work with Westinghouse
- 2.0Aug 19, 2023Systems EngineerFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsCranberry, PA
Competitive benefits package for the area.
Your experience with the company will vary greatly depending on your organization and management.
Westinghouse Reviews FAQs
Westinghouse has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 1,399 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Westinghouse to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.
54% of Westinghouse employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Westinghouse 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.