Westminster, CO Reviews | Glassdoor

Westminster, CO Reviews

Updated Oct 4, 2019

3.4
Westminster, CO CEO  (no image)
  1. "So far so good!"

Current Employee - Guest Relations Clerk I

I have been working at Westminster, CO part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance - culture - team - they care

Cons

There are angry guests daily.

Advice to Management

none, they are doing great actually

Westminster, CO2019-10-04
  2. "Lots of Politics"

Former Employee - Court Clerk in Westminster, CO

I worked at Westminster, CO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

4-day workweek is great. they also have good medical and retirement benefits. pay is okay for the government.

Cons

lots of politics being played. worked in the courthouse and the backstabbing and favoritism was out of control. also, no room to move up, nor will they allow you to move to another department. no one in interested in your personal development. they just want you to stay where you are, regardless of how miserable you are.

Westminster, CO2018-12-28
  3. "Great benefits but some units struggle with work culture"

I worked at Westminster, CO full-time

Pros

Competitive compensation, excellent health benefits, great training opportunities. Many highly competent, dedicated staff.

Cons

Vacation and sick time are merged and not sufficient. Work culture is unhealthy in some departments.

Advice to Management

Spend HR and leadership energy cultivating those willing to work hard and adhere to healthy work values.

Westminster, CO2018-12-10
  4. "Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at Westminster, CO full-time

Pros

Benefits, 4 day weeks, Training Oppertunites

Cons

High cost of living in the city

Westminster, CO2018-10-17
  5. "Bad Energy and Treatment"

Data Entry

I worked at Westminster, CO for less than a year

Pros

The on board process was fairly easy. HR was very nice and helpful.

Cons

Management did not care at all and was not very professional. Pay wasn't very good. Right off the bat it seemed teamwork wasn't there and certain people complained right away about you instead of being encouraging or offering to help. Training was practically nonexistent. People who were long term employees seemed to be treated like royalty while new people were shunned. Not a very welcoming atmosphere at all.

Advice to Management

Don't assume complaints by people are always accurate. Listen to people when they have problems, especially if they're new.

Westminster, CO2018-08-31
  6. "Don't work for the Court"

I worked at Westminster, CO full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits. People in other departments seem really happy.

Cons

The Court is terrible. It's away from the rest of the city buildings, so it's on a bit of an island. Unfortunately, the supervisors at the court take this as an opportunity to do whatever they want with little oversight. The environment is one of ratting out coworkers so that the heavy handed managers don't focus on you. Information is poorly delivered and you get in trouble for following one supervisor's... instructions when another doesn't agree. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. There is no merit system, only seniority. Every time someone says your name, your heart races. What did I do, this time? I also second a prior poster that Westy already knows who they are going to hire for a position, they just go through the motions because they are required to.

Advice to Management

HR - when someone tells you they feel harassed or degraded, believe them. Don't rat them out to the supervisor they're having a problem with. Take some action to alleviate their pain. Court supervisors - treat the people who work under you with respect and dignity.

Westminster, CO2018-08-10
  7. "Decent government agency"

I have been working at Westminster, CO full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The pay (for the most part) is very good and comparable to other like positions. -The benefits are outstanding, especially the health insurance, and if you enroll in the wellness program you can get a set deduction taken off your premium each month, along with a free pass to all rec facilities. -Depending on where you are, the work-life balance is pretty good. Typically, if planned in advance you can take... whatever time off you need, if you have the time, and also depending on the department, most do the 4 day work week, having Friday off - so a 3 day weekend every week! -The retirement is wonderful. They do take a mandatory 10% out of each paycheck, but after you are here for 22 months, they contribute 10.25%!

Cons

-There are a lot of employees who are older that have been here for years, and plan to be here for many more years to come, meaning it is hard to move up in positions here. -The internal interviewing process is a little sketchy, while I cannot 100% confirm, I still believe that the position I was going for, they already knew who they were going to hire, but had to go through the "formal" interview process to... make them look professional. I would of rather just been told no from the get go then have to go through the nerve racking interview. -The PTO isn't the best here for newer employees. You start at 5.45 per pay period (bi-weekly) so its about 10.9 a month and then you have to be here for 5 years before they bump you up.

Westminster, CO2018-08-09
  8. "Summer Parks Worker; good work, good people, poor pay"

Former Employee - Parks Worker in Westminster, CO

I worked at Westminster, CO full-time for more than a year

Pros

In general, I enjoyed this job. People were friendly, and the nature of parks maintenance is that things can happen at your pace (which is good if you're motivated, bad if you're not). Never too strenuous. I got to learn how to operate a lot of equipment.

Cons

Pay is poor compared to the same job in other cities (I got a different summer job when I found this out). Because bosses only care about the work that gets done, not who does it, slackers are usually not noticed and hard workers pick up that slack.

Advice to Management

Reward hard work a little more; try to notice those who do nothing and call them out on it.

Westminster, CO2018-01-04
  9. "Maintenance"

I have been working at Westminster, CO full-time

Pros

Great benefits and flexibility

Cons

Limited movement and advancement opportunities

Westminster, CO2017-12-07
  10. "intern"

I worked at Westminster, CO

Pros

great pay and nice co-workers

Cons

Supervisors are rude and talk to you as if you are a burden

Westminster, CO2017-11-29