Westside Family Church Reviews | Glassdoor

Westside Family Church Reviews

Updated Apr 23, 2018

Found 4 reviews

3.7
  1. "Great Church, Opportunity to Grow"

Current Employee - IT Director in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Westside Family Church full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At Westside I find myself surrounded by high-quality, passionate staff who genuinely care about people. If you want to work at a place where you will grow as a person, the opportunity for personal growth is highly encouraged among the leadership. There are many warm and inspiring spaces for team meetings and collaborative work. Tech tools are cutting edge. Good benefits and paid-time-off. Staff and volunteers are...

Cons

There's a ton of talented staff at Westside and there is not always a reciprocal number of opportunities for "career" advancement or staff leadership available.

Advice to Management

Keep celebrating with your teams, find ways to take the pulse of those in your departments, let your leadership to your teams overflow out of your own leadership growth.

Westside Family Church2018-04-23
  2. "Do not value employees"

I worked at Westside Family Church full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some Flexibility, there were many good, Godly people there and were not appreciated and left out of frustration....

Cons

Low pay, male dominant "boys club" leadership does not value input from women or anyone with an opposing view. Sketchy things going on behind the scenes that the majority of the congregation has no idea about. No accountability in the leadership.

Advice to Management

"The management" is the pastors "boys club" and they won't change unless several of them leave.. they all cover each others backs and get rid of anyone who has the audacity to question them or expose them.

Westside Family Church2017-05-02
  3. "Amazing Place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Westside Family Church full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Westside Family Church is an amazing church where people genuinely love Jesus and serve out of that love. It's fast paced, fun, and brilliant things get done. Also, I've known the staff to be people who are incredibly creative, wise and humble. Work hours are flexible, family time is encouraged, generous PTO, availability to interact with staff at every level of the organization.

Cons

Compensation is less than many staff are qualified for as I would expect for any Non-Profit filled with people who love the mission. You're surrounded by staff (and volunteers) who give 150% so it's easy to feel the peer pressure to over perform.

Advice to Management

Thanks for leading an amazing church. You're in our prayers all of the time. Keep finding ways for your staff to excel, to be great, to advance... they all want to do great things for the kingdom. Keep showing them how they can grow as individuals - they don't always know how on their own.

Westside Family Church2017-01-05
  4. "Did not feel valued as an employee, wages and benefits are less than in typical corporate job"

I worked at Westside Family Church

Pros

Flexible Schedule, good working environment.

Cons

Pay is low, benefits non-existant except for a few Full Time Employees

Advice to Management

Did not feel valued as an employee.

Westside Family Church2015-01-21