Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Human Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Human Resources

4.9
John D. Oliverio

Pros
Cons
  • too many employees trying to be the " chief " no one delegated as "direct " mentor (in 6 reviews)

• Does not help with work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great culture/ Work life balance"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive benefit structure, strong family oriented environment, Pension Plan, mission focused, supportive of development, strong presence in the community, committment to diversity.

Cons

Going through growing pains and struggling to find sources of revenue with a large unisured patient population.

Advice to Management

Focus on leadership development and mentoring,

"HR leadership does not recognize and promote the talent of its staff!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

The review process (PEP) was mostly rewarding. I appreciated the link between my job duties, the department goals, and the company's objectives. The mission, vision, and values gave ethical direction on a daily basis. I used my role to gain as much HR knowledge as I could (even though the entry level positions are NOT created for such professional growth!!). My immediate supervisor was a decent sounding board.

Cons

HR management is unresponsive, aloof, and not interested in mentoring or promoting the entry level staff. This goes against everything that the company claims to stand for. Ethics are absent from the HR department. We are expected to bend over backwards to retain employees everywhere else and build one-sided relationships with company leaders, yet there is no concern for our wellbeing and professional goals within the department. I would not recommend my worst enemy work in the HR department. It is the most dysfunctional place I have ever worked! And management is pointing fingers at employees instead of looking at the culture that they have created and promoted- no decent feedback on performance, no respect for individuals, no trust... it is UGLY! The employee that fits in the most is the one who works part-time, who has no desire to move up, does not use critical thinking (because you will be punished for it), and is a total "yes man". If you have a brain, this is not the place to work. Go into the department knowing that you will have limited opportunities for advancement within the company.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of your butts and really pay attention to the problems. You know there is a connection between customer and employee satisfaction- cultivate a culture of trust and shared responsibility to increase the satisfaction. Be personally accountable for the problems in the department. Do not rely on the associate opinion survey for your only feedback. Care more about the people behind the numbers then the numbers themselves and the satisfaction and engagement scores will increase. Learn what empathy is and show it to everyone within the department, not just your senior and middle management peers!