Wheelhouse Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Best.Company.Ever"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Dallas, TX

Pros

Work From home, the people are amazing and supportive, the CEO is very involved, great pay. I am thankful daily that I am apart of this company!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons. I am only writing here because the form requires a 20 word min.

2. "Come take a seat at the table"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Wheelhouse Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No micro management in my position.
    Tons of flexibility. Great at integrating seamlessly into your life.
    Genuinely smart people who treat you like an adult. Very flat. Doesn't feel hierarchical at all.
    No better opportunity to have a big impact on a company with no red tape than here. It's like a marketing MBA for all involved.
    No peer competition. Everyone has to work well for the company to succeed.
    You can just have an idea and run with it. So much opportunity to create processes, inspire tool creation, etc.
    I don't feel overworked. I just get things done when I need to, whether that's running a personal errand mid day or answering a few emails in the evening. I have never been asked to stay late- crazy!

Sorry to see the BDRs don't like Wheelhouse on Glassdoor. My understanding is that "churn and burn" of BDRs had ceased with a management change and that new management is coming in to create a better culture for them. They don't work with us at the corporate office and are somewhat detached from the everyday Silicon Valley style start-up experience the rest of us have. To those applying to work in San Mateo, I highly recommend you disregard all reviews by work-from-home BDRs (which are all the BDRs).

Cons

I'd like better benefits (100% paid health insurance, 401k matching, at least partially paid dental/vision) and I'd like raises to be regular. Fighting for them each time is hard for some people. It would be hard to leave if they could fix these points. They recently put a yearly review in place that should help with raises. They can be slow to pay out bonuses.

The lack of structure may be hard for some. It's a small company and I find that to be an advantage.

Advice to Management

Maybe we need more dance parties. Or maybe we should bring back the pet friendly workplace. I dig all the posters popping up on the brightly colored walls, so keep going with that. Maybe get us smaller cans of Coke so I can be less caffeinated? I have no need to speak to you anonymously through Glassdoor since you listen to anything we say directly, anyway.

You're doing great!

"Position Fraud"

Former Employee - BDR in Hammond, IN
    Former Employee - BDR in Hammond, IN

Pros

Work from home was the best part but if I had known training was different from the actual position...I would have ran. I had other options so happy to have learned about this company operations sooner than later

Cons

Micro Managed
    Incompetent Leaders
    Instruction/direction from those who are suppose to be managers are ambiguous, misleading and intentional sabotage. If you are a strong person with real value - you are dismissed and over looked for the mindless and easy to brain wash which isn't working for the company as you can see the ratings keep getting lower and lower so my opinion has merit. I worked intensively in process improvement for several years and trust me they don't want to change their concepts.
    No culture
    Mgmt deserves 0

Advice to Management

I have a 359 page book but I doubt anyone could understand it.
    CEO deserves listening to...I think his hands are tied with all the incompetence around him it must be rubbing off or the plan is to sell off the company as soon as it reaches volume.

"Very Poor Management"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Work From Home is the only good thing about Wheelhouse

Cons

They are Liars, and Con-Artist. In the first week of employment you are given very little Training.. The Second Week you are expected to be a Master of everything. They keep you chasing a carrot you are NEVER going to get. Least to say Management is very poor. Definitely have some discriminatory practices, and tactics or at least exhibited a few.

Really do you research, and homework before ever considering WheelHouse. BEWARE of the "Fluff" and work where Morals, and good Ethics apply.

Very Low Pay Scale.....WARNING! 24K and the Comp Plan is Hideous and they know it. Shame on WheelHouse

Advice to Management

Do Better. The Maturity level of Management is way too low, and not professional.

"Nothing Innovative and Little Upside"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Wheelhouse Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, little micro-managing, and ability to voice your opinion during team meetings. Good core of employees.

Cons

Poor compensation and nothing innovative in the lead generation space. Very difficult to justify ROI of Wheelhouse services. Very difficult to keep clients. The employee staff is young and inexperienced.

"Great Small Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Wheelhouse Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is good, the management staff do their best to make employees feel valued, and there is a real feeling of empowerment to make a difference every day.

Cons

Start-up mentality, so there's usually a good work like balance, but everyone's expected to pick up slack if the business requires it. No formalized training program for Sales, so there's a lot of on-the-job learning.

Advice to Management

The company's heading in the right direction. An opportunity for improvement is within the hiring/onboarding process.

"A good glimpse into lead generation companies."

Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Wheelhouse Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We got to work with other businesses that needed goods we could connect them with.

Cons

Work was monotonous most days.

8. "Great Job to Life changing!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at Wheelhouse Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for Wheelhouse. Not only do I have the flexibility to work from home but I also have the opportunity to make some great income. This job has changed my life. I've worked for Wheelhouse for almost 3 years and the management is very understanding if I have a schedule conflict or emergency and give me the opportunity to make up my time. I highly recommend this company if you are self motivated and dedicated.

Cons

The health insurance isn't great if you don't reside within the state of CA, however you get paid time off and sick time.

"Good Part-time Work"

Pros

Excellent learning experience. Gained exposure to content marketing and project management. Good team support.

Cons

No clear delineation of responsibilities.

"Wouldn't call this a real Job...."

I worked at Wheelhouse Enterprises full-time

Pros

Working from home is the only perk of working for this company.

Cons

Where to begin.....Wheelhouse will paint the picture of everything being amazing and income to be limitless, and pitch the opportunity as being your own boss. What a Joke! There are so many steps to a single call, don't do this, don't do that, don't breathe this way, all of these outrageous steps to generate an exclusive lead which would be understandable if the company has a vested interest in their employees and paid more per lead. We see how much you make off of us, being paid 2.00 per lead is beyond ridiculous. To make any real money here you have to net about 15 forms+ daily which is only being obtained by 2 of 30 reps, whom are probably manipulating the system. The calls that you make will be to people that have no clue who you are and why you are reaching out to them, it's a hard sell for $2.00. You will make hundred of calls daily, all to really parse their database and maybe make an extra $20.00 if even that! That is considered "a good day", you've been warned! You will dread going to work everyday and will experience a quick burnout.

Advice to Management

Up the base, offer some type of reimbursement for internet costs, up the commission scale.