Wheels Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Jim Frank

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • the work life balance here is good (in 10 reviews)

• Wheels is a very reputable, strong and stable company and they take great care of their employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management have started to leave and so have a number of valuable long time employees (in 5 reviews)

• Compensation is above average but for the amount of work people put in, it's not equivalent to the services rendered by the employees (in 3 reviews)

"Business analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at Wheels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is good to work for middle age people. the work life balance here is good. The working environment is good too.

Cons

Pay rate is not well. No good cafeteria or Resturant around company. The working is boring is just keep doing PPT and reports. Sales get higher pay here.

"Good Company, Department not managed well"

I worked at Wheels full-time

Pros

Decent pay, Lots of parties and events for employees, good benefits.

Cons

Overworked, understaffed, Lack of leadership

"Out of Stock Buyer"

Pros

Nice work environment, most employees have longevity with the company, KPI's are met and surpassed.
    Company picnic in September a nice treat.

Cons

Poor training, Supervisor trying to hard to make a name for herself, department downsized dramatically,
    Low salaried temp positions never go full time.

Advice to Management

You need to keep your departments staffed. Too much work for to few of us.
    HR please hire more permanent employees who have a genuine interest in the automobile industry.
    HR is extremely slow to reach out to prospective employee.

4. "Wheels Inc"

I have been working at Wheels full-time

Pros

Excellent team and work life balance.

Cons

Pretty poor career options for IT Team Members

Advice to Management

Consider creating career options for current IT Team Members

5. "Long term thinking"

I worked at Wheels full-time

Pros

Always thinking strategically and 5 years down the road. Doesnt waste time saving nickels when they are concerned about making dollars.

Cons

Some folks are unapproachable which reduces communication.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve your expectation setting, as you are more transparent, your goals will be more likely to be accomplished.

6. "Work"

I worked at Wheels full-time

Pros

The job itself was easy and fun to do for me.

Cons

Some of the people are less than nice.

Advice to Management

Don't let go your good employees.

7. "BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Wheels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wheels by far is the best company to work for. The owners, management, HR CARE about their employees. They want to see everyone succeed and have a bright future. There is not another company where the owners and management treats you better than family. The support that I have from my company I could not get anywhere else. I have people that I can count on, guide me and be there for me. Because of Wheels, my family and myself have stability and consistency. I love coming into work everyday. I am valued, heard and acknowledged. The owners of Wheels are genuine people. They care about their employees. Leadership here at Wheels is strong and so supportive. If you have visions and dreams, they help guide you to ensure you meet your goals and growth. The Franks make sure that we have the tools that we need to ensure we are successful. No idea is unheard, unnoticed and ignored. There is not another company where you can walk in the hall and see the owner and hold a REAL conversation. There is not another company where you can walk down to human resources and they treat you as a person and there to be supportive. I have never worked for a company where you have a career support along with personal support inside and outside of work. Because of Wheels, my life has changed. My children's life has changed. I would not be where I am at now if it wasn't for Wheels and the staff. This is a company that I will never leave and recommend anyone to work at. No matter what is thrown at you everyday, you have the support from everyone to make sure you do a great job. Wheels is my family and they have made sure I feel that way as well. I LOVE everything about the company and upper management. The HR department is BY FAR the best group of people to have in your corner. They go above and beyond to make sure they are there for you to ensure you succeed at work and in life. They provide resources, training and support. Its not only about what you do, its about who you are and what this company can do for you. I cannot express enough how grateful I am to be apart of such a great company. No matter what is going on outside of work, you can count on this company to be there to support you. I love coming into work everyday. This is my place of relief.

Cons

There is not one bad thing I would say about Wheels. I have not even been here for a full year, and Wheels has done more for me than any company, person in a lifetime. Wheels has a great work life balance. They provide you with everything you need to be successful.

Advice to Management

The management that we currently have is amazing. They are supportive of you and your dreams and goals. They listen to your needs. They help guide you to reach your goals. They provide you the tools to be successful. There is not another company that has Senior Management like we do at Wheels. You have a team that supports you. A team that cares and a team that values you. Every manager, vice president, CEO and owner is there for you and you can count on them.

"Okay"

Current Employee - Specialist in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Specialist in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Wheels full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great working environment.

Cons

No development, constant change to management.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for development and growth.

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wheels (Less than a year)

Pros

This is one of the few places where management reinvests time and resources back into the employees before they do the company. A lot of individuals have worked there for 20-30 years and there is a reason for it. Training is solid and the corporate culture is one where you can easily discuss issues without the worry of reprisal.

Cons

Employees tend to be overworked, so if you are looking for a simple 9-5 job most positions here require you to bust your butt. They offer a solid support structure but many people work doubt digit hour days here. Compensation is above average but for the amount of work people put in, it's not equivalent to the services rendered by the employees.

Advice to Management

You either need to hire more individuals to lessen the work load (people should not need to work 10-12 hours every single day) or compensation should be altered accordingly.

10. "Good place if your in the suburbs and need some family balance"

I have been working at Wheels full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Well organized in places.
    Generally a good work/life balance.

Cons

Limited growth opportunies.
    Could stand to loosen up some outdated policies, like dress code etc.