Wheels Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jim Frank

Pros
Cons
  • upper management have started to leave and so have a number of valuable long time employees (in 5 reviews)

• Compensation is above average but for the amount of work people put in, it's not equivalent to the services rendered by the employees (in 3 reviews)

1. "BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Wheels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wheels by far is the best company to work for. The owners, management, HR CARE about their employees. They want to see everyone succeed and have a bright future. There is not another company where the owners and management treats you better than family. The support that I have from my company I could not get anywhere else. I have people that I can count on, guide me and be there for me. Because of Wheels, my family and myself have stability and consistency. I love coming into work everyday. I am valued, heard and acknowledged. The owners of Wheels are genuine people. They care about their employees. Leadership here at Wheels is strong and so supportive. If you have visions and dreams, they help guide you to ensure you meet your goals and growth. The Franks make sure that we have the tools that we need to ensure we are successful. No idea is unheard, unnoticed and ignored. There is not another company where you can walk in the hall and see the owner and hold a REAL conversation. There is not another company where you can walk down to human resources and they treat you as a person and there to be supportive. I have never worked for a company where you have a career support along with personal support inside and outside of work. Because of Wheels, my life has changed. My children's life has changed. I would not be where I am at now if it wasn't for Wheels and the staff. This is a company that I will never leave and recommend anyone to work at. No matter what is thrown at you everyday, you have the support from everyone to make sure you do a great job. Wheels is my family and they have made sure I feel that way as well. I LOVE everything about the company and upper management. The HR department is BY FAR the best group of people to have in your corner. They go above and beyond to make sure they are there for you to ensure you succeed at work and in life. They provide resources, training and support. Its not only about what you do, its about who you are and what this company can do for you. I cannot express enough how grateful I am to be apart of such a great company. No matter what is going on outside of work, you can count on this company to be there to support you. I love coming into work everyday. This is my place of relief.

Cons

There is not one bad thing I would say about Wheels. I have not even been here for a full year, and Wheels has done more for me than any company, person in a lifetime. Wheels has a great work life balance. They provide you with everything you need to be successful.

Advice to Management

The management that we currently have is amazing. They are supportive of you and your dreams and goals. They listen to your needs. They help guide you to reach your goals. They provide you the tools to be successful. There is not another company that has Senior Management like we do at Wheels. You have a team that supports you. A team that cares and a team that values you. Every manager, vice president, CEO and owner is there for you and you can count on them.

"Okay"

Current Employee - Specialist in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Specialist in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Wheels full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great working environment.

Cons

No development, constant change to management.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for development and growth.

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wheels (Less than a year)

Pros

This is one of the few places where management reinvests time and resources back into the employees before they do the company. A lot of individuals have worked there for 20-30 years and there is a reason for it. Training is solid and the corporate culture is one where you can easily discuss issues without the worry of reprisal.

Cons

Employees tend to be overworked, so if you are looking for a simple 9-5 job most positions here require you to bust your butt. They offer a solid support structure but many people work doubt digit hour days here. Compensation is above average but for the amount of work people put in, it's not equivalent to the services rendered by the employees.

Advice to Management

You either need to hire more individuals to lessen the work load (people should not need to work 10-12 hours every single day) or compensation should be altered accordingly.

"If you don't know people hire up you will never get anywhere"

Current Employee - VOA in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - VOA in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Wheels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family oriented company, job security, lots of employee perks.......there are no more pros about working for this company. I'm only continuing to type because there is a 20 word minimum. Sad I don't have 20 good things to say

Cons

Once you are in your position plan on staying in it for the long haul because if someone doesn't like you in upper management you don't be able to move and if you don't have someone that will fight for you you will never be able to move to another position. Management hangs on the words of other management so if one doesn't like you you are screwed and you will get black balled time and time again. If you do too good at your job they will black ball you if you try to switch to a different department and will tell you you are too valuable to let you go but will walk all over you and instead of promoting you for all your hard work they will give the promotion to someone less qualified and make you train them.

Advice to Management

Just quit if you don't like your job and you are going to hire and promote based on who you like and not the type of work someone does

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at Wheels full-time

Pros

Family oriented. Fun company to work for. Nice co workers. Pleasant atmosphere

Cons

Management needs work. Same management in departments for ever. They need a better attitude. Need more compassion for their employees. I worked there for close to 18 years. Wheels had eliminated 95%of their administrative people. I was one of the last to go. It appeared that Wheels Inc. played favoritism on the part of certain employees. If you were well like by the higher ups you were kept by company They would find you a job. Once they made up their mind that you were to be let go, you were let go. Jim Frank is the most unfriendly person I ever met. You could be standing in line next to him in the cafeteria and he wouldn't turn his head to say hello. He would pass you in the hallway and never even acknowledge you.

"Going downhill but all is not lost"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Wheels (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some really great people at this company, particularly the Franks (owners)

retirement benefits are competitive.

solid business model and finically stable company.

Cons

company is expanding while loosing talent. upper management have started to leave and so have a number of valuable long time employees.

Advice to Management

competitive pay and bonuses will encourage people to stay. People who are promoted to departmental managers need to be vetted a little more cautiously. Reports sent to upper management are being modified to hide embarrassing departmental issues.

"Family owned"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wheels full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Family owned good location by the highway.

Cons

The new managment have thrown out the company values and respect, they have no respect for the workers. Wheels use to be a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

This is advice for the company owners walk around and talk to the workers. Managment and supervisors are not telling you all the tricks they are pulling at the expense of the workers.

"Current Employee - anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Wheels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Private company with a long history. They care about employees and do picnics and family day events. The work is interesting but challenging and the clients are impressive. There are some new managers who are driving change and an even greater focus on quality and constantly improving what we do. This makes the environment interesting. Also, the people are great and really care about the clients.

Cons

The work can be challenging especially with all of the custom changes that we make. But that does mean that we area supporting our clients and probably the best in the industry at doing this. The systems are being upgraded, but in the meantime, some of them can be difficult to use.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.......we like the changes that are happening.

"Great company to work with a great commitment to employees and clients"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Wheels full-time

Pros

Wheels is a very reputable, strong and stable company and they take great care of their employees. People here have integrity and care for each other like family - I find it to be a collaborative, friendly and helpful environment. There are many opportunities to grow within the company and to learn new skills in different departments. Wheels has a culture that is based on ensuring that employees and clients always come first which is very refreshing. There are so many people that have been at Wheels for many years and have great knowledge of the business and of the industry, so it’s a great place to learn. Overall a phenomenal place to work!

Cons

Because we cater to large complex clients, there are a number of custom processes. If you are in a customer facing role, it can take a little while to transfer internally because they are very conscious of ensuring the client doesn’t experience any pain from the transition. This is excellent for the client, but a little tedious if you are the one looking to advance quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I am very happy with our CEO and President and all my managers that I have worked with so far - they are truly caring individuals. Continue to help employees and the company meet their mission.

"GREAT COMPANY THAT CARES ABOUT ITS EMPLOYEES"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Des Plaines, IL

Pros

Wheels Inc. is an incredible First Rate Organization that is at the forefront in Customer Relations, Innovation, and Technology. What really sets them apart is their sincere commitment to their employees and their families. The Senior Leadership Team have heart and they always do what’s Right for the Right Reasons. In today’s changing world of business, this, above all, is admirable and very much appreciated! Companies like Wheels Inc. are very rare and employees are very fortunate and proud to work for them. It is truly one of the Brightest and Best Companies to work for! “

Cons

Perhaps review the vacation policy.