Wheels Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Jim Frank

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • the work life balance here is good (in 10 reviews)

• Excellent ethical standards, very stable company with many long term employees (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management have started to leave and so have a number of valuable long time employees (in 5 reviews)

• The compensation does not match the amount of work they demand and its lower than competitors (in 3 reviews)

1. "I'm a fast learner and always go above and beyond"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at Wheels full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits and pay and the satisfaction of helping my clients

Cons

The HR department and too much anomosity with the call center supervisors

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your employees yes the chair can be replaced but a human beings soul can't .

"Management is not good here"

I worked at Wheels full-time

Pros

Clean office. They have a Cafeteria here.

Cons

Lack of opportunity at Wheels. Too many good people are being mistreated by Management. Training needs to improve here and showing more respect. Allow your Employees to show their skills.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management is to respect your Employees by allowing them an opportunity to show their skills.

"Account Executive"

I have been working at Wheels full-time

Pros

A financially stable company with a strong business model. Get to work with great people and learn and grow within the organization. Build strong relationships with clients and provide meaningful work.

Cons

It's overwhelming busy the majority of the time. This makes it difficult to provide proactive recommendations to the clients and be able to deliver quality work without having to put in additional hours. The pay scale has been inching up which helps with compensation but doesn't benefit the more tenured employees much.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring (which you are) but it takes at least 6 months to get someone up to speed on all the internal departments and applications. When an employee with a lot of experience leaves, a lot of knowledge leaves with them.

4. "Wheels puts their Clients and Employees first!"

Current Employee - Account Management in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Account Management in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Wheels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership team is fantastic, from the Senior Managers and Directors all the way up to the Vice Presidents and CEO. A lot of employers say that customer service and client retention comes first, but then in the background, they place unrealistic sales and growth goals. Not at Wheels, that's for sure. The client always come first, and employees are treated as a valued member of the team working toward those client satisfaction goals.

Cons

I'm grasping at straws to think of downsides, which I suppose speaks to my satisfaction with my role, this company, and the culture within. I think that perhaps the health insurance choices could be better, but then again, every other company I worked for I felt the same way.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing, and don't ever take the focus off delighting each and every client.

5. "A company that cares"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Wheels (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve worked for Wheels a little over a year and it is by far the best company I’ve ever worked for. The friendly faces in the office and the support I’ve received from co-workers and senior management is simply incredible. They want to see you be successful and are willing to help in any way possible. Wheels Inc. is a private and family owner company that has been doing business for 78 years and that family feel is echoed throughout the organization. In the short time I’ve been with this organization I’ve been able to develop and enhance skills to assists in my personal and professional growth. With that being said, Wheels is an institution that is also continuously working on how they as a company can do more for their employees, clients, and vendors. By making it their mission to not only better the individuals they do business with, but also their employees I believe this will be a company I want to work for long term.

Cons

Its a great organization with people who care, I can't think of a negative comment to share at this time.

"Good Company, Department not managed well"

I worked at Wheels full-time

Pros

Decent pay, Lots of parties and events for employees, good benefits.

Cons

Overworked, understaffed, Lack of leadership

"Out of Stock Buyer"

Pros

Nice work environment, most employees have longevity with the company, KPI's are met and surpassed.
    Company picnic in September a nice treat.

Cons

Poor training, Supervisor trying to hard to make a name for herself, department downsized dramatically,
    Low salaried temp positions never go full time.

Advice to Management

You need to keep your departments staffed. Too much work for to few of us.
    HR please hire more permanent employees who have a genuine interest in the automobile industry.
    HR is extremely slow to reach out to prospective employee.

"Business analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at Wheels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is good to work for middle age people. the work life balance here is good. The working environment is good too.

Cons

Pay rate is not well. No good cafeteria or Resturant around company. The working is boring is just keep doing PPT and reports. Sales get higher pay here.

9. "Wheels Inc"

I have been working at Wheels full-time

Pros

Excellent team and work life balance.

Cons

Pretty poor career options for IT Team Members

Advice to Management

Consider creating career options for current IT Team Members

10. "Long term thinking"

I worked at Wheels full-time

Pros

Always thinking strategically and 5 years down the road. Doesnt waste time saving nickels when they are concerned about making dollars.

Cons

Some folks are unapproachable which reduces communication.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve your expectation setting, as you are more transparent, your goals will be more likely to be accomplished.