KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Wheelzy Reviews

Updated Aug 8, 2022

Found 123 of over 123 reviews

3.8
Wheelzy Founder & CEO Iyad Muhanna (no image)
Iyad Muhanna

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours and the job can be draining and repetitive.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wheelzy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

NA

Jul 15, 2022 - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros More visibility Wide-ranging experience Increased flexibility Work friends A stepping-stone to larger things

Cons

Fewer perks and benefits Limited growth Unknown culture and reputation

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Was let go when covid happened

Aug 8, 2022 - Sales Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wheelzy will let you go if your sales drop for even 1 month

Cons

Co-workers are great people to be around

3. 3.0

Can be stressful

Jul 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back work environment and nice office

Cons

They change rules too soon and out of the blue frequently

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very honest opinion.

Jul 7, 2022 - Purchasing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is accommodating. If you need to leave early or need a day off and request it, good chance they will give it to you. I never had an issue with anyone. Just respond to the messages on the platform and do what they ask such as call out on a file if they tag you. For my birthday a cake was also sent to me at my house, very thoughtful. I also received a $200 Christmas bonus and numerous t-shirts in the mail throughout the year. The headquarters is beautiful and they make it feel welcoming with an open kitchen, games food and rooftop to hang out. BIG plus- working from home.

Cons

1. We have been outsourced to the Philippines. ( I can feel the shift of change and I don't like it). I don't feel like I have job security. Only a few employees work in Orlando remote at home 2. When we tag @help with a question on the file, most likely someone from the Philippines will respond and sometimes it feels like their answering your questions from a script 3. We have a coin system( bonus) in place where you can redeem your points for prizes. This is now a joke, it's not how it use to be. They should just give us the money in our check. 4. Our check is never consistent!!! If your lucky one month and do well with pickups on cars , your check will be good, ( you will get a cap revenue bonus or schedule bonus) some weeks its calculates to about $15 an hour. Nothing crazy. 5. I hate that we don't get paid commission, sometimes you can score a big profit on a car but unfortunately you don't see that money. They calculate your commission as a set bonus in your next check. You don't get extra 6. This is 100 percent a sales job with a guaranteed hourly rate. You have to stay motivated and grind. I hate that it's a sale job but yet again, we don't get any extra commission just a bonus in our check that's capped. Even if you grind and grind one month, your check will never be more than $25-28 hour, if that. 7. Feels like a call center but only 10x worse. I say that because this job will burn you out if you don't stay motivated. We are taking one call after the other- steady call volume. On top of that, we have to read a script, bring our A game to every call, PITCH the offer and negotiate with the caller until they accept the offer were giving them for their car. One call alone can burn you out, now imagine repeating this process 20 plus times a day. You also have it in the back of your head that you have to schedule 15 plus cars a week. 8. No vacation time, medical is offered but it's expensive. 9. No room for promotion. This job will burn you out. 10. Most likely you will only last around a year before leaving

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Have you ever wanted to be in high school in your 20s?

Jun 17, 2022 - Purchasing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mediocre somewhat free lunch sometimes

Cons

I don’t even know where to begin. Don’t wear skirts around the CEO or management they will be staring at you suggestively. All of the negative reviews are the same for a reason. They promise promotions if you give good reviews and only ask people they like to leave said positive reviews. If you see a positive review 9 times out of 10 it’s from someone being told what to say. They don’t have a real HR and even the person they say is “HR” doesn’t fully like or trust the CEO. The CEO needs actual therapy he has harassed me and other coworkers on multiple occasions and tried to fire us over hanging out together over the weekend while not working. The pay isn’t worth it please have self respect for yourself. I’ve seen so many people move on from this job who immediately after quitting became such happier people

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I loved it

Apr 2, 2022 - Purchasing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, loved the people there

Cons

Lots of sitting and getitng yelled at

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Working at Wheelzy

Mar 23, 2022 - Purchasing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

So far working at Wheelzy has been a great experience. Since I have been working remote for most of my time here due to covid the company has been very understanding in situations when I have needed them to be. At times it can feel like there is a lot of pressure to do well but I really do believe this is because the managers want everyone to be at their best which makes sense considering there is a lot of competition. The trainers always seem to be going above and beyond to make sure that when help is needed they are there to provide it in whatever way possible. At the end of the day being able to work from home and not being forced to come into the office has been pretty great for me and I have had a great experience working remotely since I started.

Cons

401k would be nice to have!

8. 1.0

Save Yourself

Apr 27, 2022 - Purchasing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers other than management and catered lunch on Friday

Cons

I have never worked for a more miserable organization.. but you know what they say, misery loves company. Let me paint a picture of what Iv witnessed from other co-workers and experienced first hand. 1. Grown men gossiping throughout the office like a bunch of bored housewives. 2. The CEO deciding one day he doesn’t like you based on personal reasons, because those same gossiping housewives run straight to his office, but those personal reasons have no effect on your job. 3. Not taking complaints seriously, then gaslighting because there’s not an actual HR department to hold management and the CEO accountable for their questionable actions. 4. Raises being based on your popularity and not your work ethic. But let’s say I haven’t painted the full picture yet and you’re still iffy. Once the dust settles, you will realize the pay and “perks” is not worth the emotional abuse and decreasing mental health you’ll experience everyday. I promise you this company does not pay well enough to be disrespected on a daily basis. They’ll be sure to build you up in the beginning and pay you justtttt enough to withstand the mistreatment and exploitation like a toxic partner you’ve been trying to breakup with, but convince yourself that it’ll eventually get better. (It won’t) Management is full of a bunch of brown-nosers, because they realize fueling the narcissism of the CEO will get them farther than actually telling the truth and being a genuine leader that understands people have lives outside of Wheelzy, sick days are given for a reason, and personal business is none of theirs. They’ll ask individuals who have only been at the company for a few weeks to write a 5 star review. Then they’ll try to pretend the negative reviews are from disgruntled employees that were fired, however all of the low reviews tell the same story. If you’re reading this, let this review be the reason you decide to protect yourself, currently employed or otherwise wondering if this is a company you’ll be happy with long term. There is so much more I wish I could share that was experienced but will not, due to the fear of the review being taken down, because it’s really that bad.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

So Far So Good

Mar 4, 2022 - Purchasing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Currently working remotely so I dont get free lunches everyone's talking about. Management is engaged with my whole class to ensure our success.

Cons

Every job has its cons. This one has the lease so far

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A bunch of lies!!!

Mar 15, 2022 - Purchasing Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros at all

Cons

I am so distraught over the lack of management in this company. This company will leave you in tears thinking you are worth nothing. The CEO only cares about money and nothing else. Not to mention the weird dynamic duo with his in house relationship but let me bring you in on the reality of the corrupt sales environment! First of all, we outsourced to a different country. If you look on indeed, they actually get a higher starting pay than most of your sales reps. Awful! Secondly, this whole rule about " 15 mins" is disggggusssting!!!! Has anyone even looked on files to see how bad this rule is taken advantage of! Resulting in excessive time on a file just to get credit. just to steal credit, and when you complain someone from the outsourced country will respond and not even look at the file. Also, they promote horribly. I will never understand why some of these people who did sub-par are in a position to tell me what to do. The mental back and forth arguments and the repulsive comments on the daily. This job has lost SOOO MANY good employees. Looking back when it was a family at one point, a sales family now it is a call center. Micromanaging messages. Such as why did you miss 5 calls since 9 am? I am looking for bigger and better and will leave this dusty job in the past. The CEO needs to get a grip, understand why most of your Employees only make it to a year, their IG proves this BTW only a handful of employees make it to the IG story of congrats on 2 years, it's sick. HIGH HIGH turnover rate. Your at-home working their all sitting in that office playing nerf gun fights drinking shots and literally getting paid double what you are for no work. GREAT culture!

5 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 123 Reviews

Wheelzy Reviews FAQs

Wheelzy has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 123 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Wheelzy to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Wheelzy employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Wheelzy. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

74% of Wheelzy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wheelzy 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Wheelzy to be benefits, career development, management and the cons to be culture, senior leadership.