Whirlpool Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Whirlpool Corporation CEO Marc Bitzer
Marc Bitzer

1,530 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is much better than any of my previous employers" (in 133 reviews)

• "The order management team is a comfortable work environment" (in 84 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Invested in community and work/life balance"

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Whirlpool is a global company that still feels like a small company. The value placed on support of the surrounding community makes me feel good about the company I work for. The investment that Whirlpool makes in ensuring a valuable work/life balance for their employees reinforces that feeling.

Cons

As with any midwestern company, trekking in through the snow and adverse weather can be tough during the winter months. That's where the ability to work remote though is a great benefit.

Oct 31, 2018 – Communications Manager

We love that you feel good about Whirlpool and recognize how invested we are in the communities we operate in. Spreading a little joy to people within our communities matters!

"Finance Manager"

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rotate quickly (typically no more than 2 yrs in a role), strong finance team engagement, new resources for employees (paternity leave, health rebate, onsite daycare coming), not hierarchical

Cons

Can be overly relationship based vs process based, multiple reorg's in the past 5-10 years, finance is stretched from a resource standpoint

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and up front with the state of the business, continue to take risks and look outside of the core, continue to find additional ways to improve employees lives and work environment

Sep 19, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thanks for providing your honest review of our company! We are also very excited about the future on-site child care facility coming to the Twin Cities location.

3. "Great place to work because of the great people that work here!"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Whirlpool is a positive environment where everyone is treated like a human being and not just an employee number. The Leadership Team keeps communication open and provides constant feedback and encouragement to help me be successful in my current position and within the company.

Cons

After 6 years with this company, I can honestly say I do not have any negative/cons in regards to this corporation. It truly is an awesome place to work!

4. "Jenn Air Consumer Representative, Specialist"

Current Employee - Jenn Air Consumer Representative, Specialist in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company values, benefits, family atmosphere, teamwork, understanding management, excellent work/life balance

Cons

Not at this time, right now.

"Behind the desk"

Current Employee - CUSTOMER CARE EXPERT in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - CUSTOMER CARE EXPERT in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most everyone here is upbeat and happy to help, it is fairly easy to move to a new position within the company.

Cons

You have to be very mindful about what you say to certain people because they will not let it go and they will try to make sure you are stuck in a position you do not want. This building is a lot like a high school and all its clicks.

Advice to Management

there needs to be someone we can go to about care advisers, and not another care adviser, they all look out for each other and if you have a problem with one of them, whether it is because of something they said or how they treated you, if you tell another care adviser nothing gets done. They put you in a room with the very person that caused you to seek help to begin with as well as two other people and tell you how this is the way it is and nothing you do will change that. It is very demoralizing and unprofessional.

6. "Machine operator"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Marion, OH
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Marion, OH

I worked at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are good

Cons

RR crossings are a pain

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Oct 31, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

7. "Great Opportunities ahead at Whirlpool"

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Whirlpool is a great company that cares about it's employees. Whirlpool has competitive wages and benefits. Flexible work arrangements, encourages employees to maintain a good work/life balance, promotes career development, friendly working environment, employee discounts, and many leadership development opportunities.

Cons

Consumer goods is a competitive industry that can make for a challenging business environment.

Oct 30, 2018 – Communications Manager

"Whirlpool is a great company that cares about it's employees." We couldn't have said it better!

8. "Senior Representative Consumer Care • Consumer/Customer Care"

Current Employee - Senior Representative Consumer Care • Consumer/Customer Care in Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the people I work with and the Dept (Canadian). Great Supervisior. Understanding and caring.

Cons

Mean people, unresonable situations, and dealers that down grade you just because where you live (USA South).

Advice to Management

You guys are doing great. As long as you treat your employees good and stand with or behind them-you will never have problems getting work and a good job from employees.

Oct 30, 2018 – Communications Manager

We are happy to hear your supervisor is understanding and caring and that you love the people you work with - Whirlpool Corporation's greatest product is our people.

9. "Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, leadership ready to invest to promote personal growth, Technologically advanced and openess to adopt to new technology, international mobility

Cons

Organization restructuring, proximity to commute and rent economically in a good school district

Oct 30, 2018 – Communications Manager

We're happy to learn you're off to a great start and leadership is ready to invest in your development. Thanks for sharing!

10. "Great place to Work !! Just celebrate 25 Years of Service."

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Manager in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent Products, Opportunities to grow, Global Experience, Business transparency.

Cons

Challenges with collaborativeness between workers.

Advice to Management

Continue the process excellence journey managing the tallents individually.

Showing 1,530 of 1,660 reviews