Whirlpool Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Whirlpool Corporation CEO Marc Bitzer
Marc Bitzer
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/Life balance can be difficult to maintain but it is promoted and supported(in 53 reviews)

• "In a small town with no other employers - don't trap yourself into moving here because the only opportunity for work is Whirlpool(in 44 reviews)

1. "Working in Family Environment"

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Without any doubt, I love the people I work with. We are a team that works together for a better tomorrow for our employees AND our customers. I consider it a blessing to come to work with the amazing teams.

Cons

Let's be transparent... work is work... work isn't a hobby.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Whirlpool has been great to me over the last 30 + years. My leadership over the years have been a great advocate of Work /life balance. The last few years have been a personal struggle for me, as I have terminal cancer. They have been great in working around my treatments plan. Honestly working through treatment has been the best for me, as it gave me a purpose to feel needed and positive each morning. Thanks Whirlpool...

Cons

There are no cons to speak of

• "So much room to learn and grow with Whirlpool!"

Current Employee - Production Planning Manager in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

I love working for a company the size of Whirlpool as it lends so many interesting and varied avenues for growth and development. And Whirlpool really values its people, making pursuing that growth extremely approachable. It also doesn't hurt that we're such a major player in the appliance industry - with a whole slew of amazing products to stand behind. I'm very proud to be a member of the team here!

Cons

Because of the size of the company, it can sometimes take quite a bit of time to find the right opportunity to advance. Especially if you're looking to move into a particular role. However, if you keep an open mind about where you might head next, opportunities are always along. It's just sometimes hard to know where to look.

• "Satisfied Employee"

Current Employee - Service Technician in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Working for Whirlpool has been a great experience for me. I love the flexibility to work from home when needed and my manager is always willing to work with me whenever I have a need or concern.

Cons

Bonuses are a plus but it has been many years since we've received the entire 100%. No onsite exercise facility at corporate. Appliances are only free to employees who are upper level managers or above.

Advice to Management

Bonus ratings should be decided based on departments and not as a company as a whole. Offer additional flexibility such as working four 10 hour days a week. Offer free appliances to all employees every other year.

• "Stable Growth"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Whirlpool is a solid company that is committed to it's employees. There is very intentional work focused on growing the engagement of the employees as Whirlpool knows that an excited and engaged employee delivers better performance to the company.

Cons

Whirlpool is a relationship based company (fairly positive but can create some difficulties). It is important to be very teamwork focused. Success comes from understanding how multiple functions can accomplish much more then just the sum of their work.

• "Cross-functional Skill Focus with an unmatched Corporate Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Sales and Marketing Manager

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

- Engaging and fun atmosphere to work in (inviting corp culture) - Strong focus on developing cross functional skills - Strong leadership in all departments (Marketing, Sales, HR, etc) - Customer Focused but never forgetting to take care of their employee's - Supports work-life balance consistently

Cons

- Minimal tiers to decision making hierarchy at Senior levels (could also be a pro)

• "Solid Company, Great People, Products & Benefits."

Current Employee - New Business Development Manager

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Whirlpool offers good benefits as a company that is the global leader in it's space. Field-based employees enjoy a lot of autonomy to focus on getting in front of customers and winning business. Products are at parody or better with competition. And there is a strong culture of a people-focused, especially within the sales organization.

Cons

Whirlpool's product development can be very reactionary at times. Whirlpool is a financially-driven company, so it can be tough to make changes or improvements to processes & tools if there isn't an easily demonstrable ROI.

Whirlpool Corporation Response

March 12, 2019Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

• "Whirlpool is a Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - NVH Engineer in Saint Joseph, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Compensation and bonus structure, with a pay versus performance. Need to make sure you and your supervisor are on a good working relationship

Cons

Environment is risk adverse mentality. And, promotional opportunities are difficult.

Advice to Management

Promotional opportunities are difficult and sparse

• "5 Year Anniversary Review of Whirlpool Corporation"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great company, work/life balance, great benefits, tools to perform my job, people and culture

Cons

Market performance, restructuring, limited pipeline

Advice to Management

Continue to support work/life balance and retaining current employees. Continue to work on diversity and inclusion.

• "Great place to work, lots of opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

In the 6 years I have worked for Whirlpool, I have had lots of opportunity for advancement and the coaching to support it.

Cons

Would like to see a bigger focus on ensuring people leading experience and coaching for people leaders is provided prior to achieving Director level or higher.

Advice to Management

People often don't leave companies but leave managers. With that in mind, a focus on developing soft skills and talent management is critical but seems a bit lacking for new people leaders, especially those individuals who haven't had people leading opportunities prior to Director level positions.

Found 1652 reviews