Whirlpool Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,154 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • This made work-life balance virtually impossible (in 41 reviews)

• It's a small town with very little to do (in 40 reviews)

"The call center is a horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

I worked at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Don't have anything good to say

Cons

Blatant favoritism, management protects it's own to the point they admitted they knew a supervisor slept with and got to girls pregnant and have NO issue with it. If a supervisor does not like you you will never advance. Had to put my dog to sleep and they refused to give me the day off even after I explained why.

2. "Customer service representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Joseph, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Joseph, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Values colleagues as demonstrated through the compensation and benefit plan provided.

Excellent employee relations and engagement effort demonstrated with in all areas and level of the organizations

Cons

A new new work program is often rolled out with the hiring of a new leader involving the cost of new equipment and software as well of the cost of staff training. It is important to carefully review the cost benefit of each program before moving forward with a new program.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote "walk around leader" . . . get out of the office and make a point of meeting entry level and mid level colleagues and talk on an individual basis on specific challenges the individual is facing in his/or work.

"Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Marketing in Benton Harbor, MI
    Former Employee - Marketing in Benton Harbor, MI

I worked at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They hire great talent who are hard working and adaptable.

Cons

Turnover in general is high. Leadership changes constantly. Direction constantly changes with leadership changes. No clear long-term focus employees can rely on to accomplish their goals.

Advice to Management

Think about changes before making them. Don't make rash decisions. Consultant all levels of employees.

"Undergoing Transformation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work Life balance, good benefits,

Cons

Undergoing Massive change... Higher Management wanted to reach quickly without thinking teams/people not ready for change

Advice to Management

Listen and help good people and make sure to retain those without putting under unnecessary pressure

"Lead Compliance Engineer"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Evansville, IN

I worked at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees are professional, talented, and dedicated to developing, designing and manufacturing innovative and high-quality consumer products. Over the years, the management team strongly promoted the use of industry standard, and in many cases, state-of-the art, systems, procedures and rigorous design practices.

Cons

Appliances are a commodity business and bottom-line figures consistently took precedent over total cost/benefit analysis. This has resulted in the loss of highly-trained, highly-productive, and experienced talent. leaving the company open to the potential for compromising an excellent record of delivering top quality products to its customers.

Advice to Management

"Walk the talk" and consistently practice the company's guiding principles! Your employees truly are your greatest asset....

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement

Cons

The majority of the growth opportunities are within the Benton Harbor / St. Joseph MI area.

Advice to Management

Continue to be candid with employees on direction of the company.

7. "brief review"

I worked at Whirlpool Corporation full-time

Pros

global operations & markets; high-quality products

Cons

No negative comments to provide

"Ok place to work"

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Salary seems to be above market, which makes sense. You gotta offer something to have someone move to such a tiny town.

- Summers are nice. It's awesome you can take summer hours and go to the lake. Although, I would not take this for granted because some business units within Whirlpool don't follow summer hours.

- You will get good experience working here and if you're liked by management, they will treat you well, accommodate to your needs and give you opportunities to grow.

- Most of the people I have interacted with were friendly and willing to help. Like most other companies, some had their own personal agenda.

Cons

- Small town. Not the best place to live unless you're looking to start a family and even then it's questionable. This makes it very hard to attract outside talent, especially young talent.

- Their HR policies literally contradict with their values. They're all about "one whirlpool" and acting as a team, yet performance reviews are done using a forced distribution system where people are pitted against one another.

- Senior Leadership actions don't align with their words. They say one thing but do another.

- Be prepared to be doing the work of multiple people. Leadership is a big fan of attrition.

- In the span of 3 years, I've had 6 bosses. That kind echoes all the cons I've listed. It's hard for Whirlpool to retain talent and it's also because org changes are made without any reason.

- Whirlpool has some ridiculous processes that just add complexity for no reason. It makes driving change that much harder. Their project management process makes zero sense and their PMIS to support it is even worse.

Advice to Management

Get more input from your employees. Sometimes it feels like you're in your own bubble and don't realize the consequences of your actions.

"Direction Unknown"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Amana, IA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Amana, IA

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have a decent pay and benefits package.

Cons

Management pushes the harder workers to do more than what is possible. Company not upgrading equipment to achieve the desired production levels.

Advice to Management

None they won't listen

10. "Assembler"

Former Employee - Range Assembler in Owasso, OK
    Former Employee - Range Assembler in Owasso, OK

I worked at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working only 4 days and having a 3 day weekend. My team was always there to support each other if someone needed help or was falling behind.

Cons

The only downside would be that, we would go in early to work. But other than that they treated me fairly good.

Advice to Management

Train people to advance themselves in the company.

Showing 1,154 of 1,242 reviews