Whitbread Team Leader Reviews | Glassdoor

Alison Brittain

"Good starting point"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Banbury, England

I have been working at Whitbread full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Privilege card with premier in discounts upto 50% off. Perks at work and sales incentives

Cons

Long hours, care more for money then the staff

Advice to Management

Look after you staff, sold costa for £4 billion but nothing happening to staff benefits

Whitbread2019-07-11
  2. "Awful"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

I worked at Whitbread full-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount only thing I can think of

Cons

Everything else , poor management poor everything, awful awful awful do not work for the Monkey Puzzle , Brewers Fayre in Farnborough Hampshire

Advice to Management

Care more bout staff than bonuses and profit margins as with out looking out for your staff you willlose staff and never get the bonuses

Whitbread2019-08-05
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Progression"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Whitbread full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great for progression and team members usually get on

Cons

Once you hit team leader difficult to get to next step

Advice to Management

Employ more staff

Whitbread2019-05-15

"Not good for me."

Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Whitbread full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

50% off food whilst on shift.

Cons

working every weekend and some evenings when i have children is no joke, i was not told this at interview. Management always discussing problems with other managers with team members. Breaks are deducted whether they are taken or not. Pay not great for the job that you do. No praise when you do a great job, unless it makes the company as a whole look good or if they need a candidate for a company newsletter. ... After almost 6 yrs working for Whitbread i feel totally under-valued and my hopes for progression are at a dead-end due to managers not accepting that i know my stuff, they don't want to listen.

Advice to Management

Don't trick people into taking a job that is not suitable, don't tell team that you can make things right then not bother trying. Pay suitable wages to employees. Listen to the team, don't dismiss their concerns in favour of manager excuses

Whitbread2017-01-09

"Nightmare"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Luton, East of England, England

I worked at Whitbread full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the staff were nice people. Beyond that nothing else to say.

Cons

Bullying and back stabbing is rife encouraged and lead by management. Ask for any support from management and they will have you on a disciplinary and then sacked. Depressing soulless place to work. Worst place I have ever had the misfortune to l work. Thank god I got out.

Advice to Management

Start employing proper people in management not henchmen men. Great your employees with some respect.

Whitbread2016-08-31
  7. "Team leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Yeovil, England

I have been working at Whitbread full-time

Pros

Great hours and wages. Discounts are also worth it.

Cons

The breaks are far too short.

Advice to Management

Sort the breaks out in yeovil

Whitbread2015-05-01

"rubbish but I guess better than no job just"

Reception Team Leader

I worked at Whitbread

Pros

People are great. cannot think of anything else which is good as they are pretty terrible to work for but of course when you work for them you have to keep quiet.

Cons

managers change all the time all have different rules. Head office keep on all the time to do things which are supposed to be voluntary. Only care about how they look. Money is horrendous nearly all on min wage

Advice to Management

Make your managers learn from the bottom up. Dont bring them in from outside with no knowledge & expect people who have been doing the job for years to respect what they are saying when they know its wrong

Whitbread2015-05-11

"A true horror movie"

Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England

I worked at Whitbread full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Preparatory courses, shooting stars, some coworkers, chances of progressing in various areas of the hotel, chance of learning in other areas (cross training)

Cons

General manager totally unprepared, responsible for the dismissal of many employees who worked for many years in the hotel, too much pressure and little financial return for employees, employees paid below the average market.Nobody cares about what you did for the company , they dont look behind.

Advice to Management

Stop flirting with employees and prepare better for it to be a good leader, fair and realistic giving importance to what the staff do for the good of the company and recognizing the value of employees.

Whitbread2014-11-02
  10. "A company with full of opportunities........"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Heathrow, England

I worked at Whitbread full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great company with friendly working environment.....great opportunities for progression in short span.....timely training for staffs of all levels......great hierarchy system means more opportunities.....the best I like is the INCENTIVE after hitting targets every periods.

Cons

Even though audits are for good and is a must.....some times create pressure on all levels for a quite long period till audit actually happens. Also a department is being judged for the rest of the year just based on the audit of one day...which can be good or bad based on the mood of the employer that faces the auditor....

Advice to Management

The management right from the cluster manager to site manager is good .....the one- to -ones at individual sites need to be made more effective for the overall goodness of the site .....keep doing good....All the Best.

Whitbread2014-07-02