White Cloud Cigarettes Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "White Cloud"

I worked at White Cloud Cigarettes full-time

Pros

Fun place to work, great co-workers, and free E-cigs.

Cons

Lack of communication, low pay

2. "Stifling environment for most"

Pros

In the department I worked in, I honestly can't think of anything.

I will say that they seem to have a very nurturing environment for their customer service team. I credit that to Patti, she's an excellent leader.

Cons

The reviews from this year are quite clearly written by the bloated marketing team.

White Cloud is an awful place to work. Their communication skills (i.e. ability to string together a coherent sentence) are comically bad. This is probably my top complaint.

In addition to that complaint, there are these:

- There's no direction from management, and no indication of what they want from you.

- People are hired and fired like it's nothing. In the time that I was there, we had roughly 7-10 people turn over. I was there less than a year.

- There are only two ways you'll be heard at this company: You've worked there for 3+ years, or you're a man. I hate to say it, but it's true. I got to the point where I wasn't even making suggestions for improvements because I got tired of being cut off and spoken over every time I spoke up.

- They are completely in the dark ages when it comes to technology. The only way you can contribute to the team is as a warm body in the office.

My entire career has been in the software industry. Never have I heard of a company not allowing an employee, whose job duties can be completed entirely on a computer, to do any remote work whatsoever. I'm talking to the point of having to take a vacation day if your car is in the shop.

- Since we're on the subject of vacation days, you get diddly squat. When you have worked there for an ENTIRE year, you have accrued 5 days.

But wait, there's more! The health benefits here are just awful. They only pay 60% insurance coverage FOR THE EMPLOYEE, NOT INCLUDING family or spouse. I got a better deal, with better coverage getting my own personal insurance.

I can't recall clearly, but I'm pretty certain they don't do any sort of 401k or matching, there is the basic 10k life insurance policy, and you get some free cancer cartridges every month.

I mean, I don't know that e-cigs actually cause cancer, or if they are harmful at all, and I guess it makes for a good tool to quit smoking (which I sympathize with a lot, I have a lot of loved ones who are smokers, or who died as a result of it), but they call this a benefit but it really isn't one.

And finally, the cult atmosphere. If you aren't a smoker, run. If you are a smoker and you don't feel the need to switch to e-cigs, run. Actually, if you value yourself and your sanity, run.

Run far away and as fast as you can, you'll be better off for it.

Advice to Management

You promote presence in the office as a huge asset to team strength, yet you don't set the example yourselves. There's a clear double standard in place, and probably due to the break down in communication. Furthermore, reward people who have shown good leadership and team building skills.

3. "Create your dream job!"

Current Employee - Corporate Administrator in Tarpon Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Administrator in Tarpon Springs, FL

I have been working at White Cloud Cigarettes full-time

Pros

Employees have a voice and can promote changes within our organization. The company listens to customers and follows through with enhancing the customer experience. We have a lot of fun and are highly productive at the same time. The culture is engaging, exciting, and fast moving. We can vape and work - which is great! I have never worked for a place that really encourages you to grow and learn and bring value. Good work never goes unseen.

Cons

This isn't a con (maybe for some, it would be) but you have to be motivated with a customer centric focus. You have to bring passion in everything you do. You have to take action. Laziness isn't acceptable - going above and beyond is always encouraged and rewarded.

Advice to Management

Just continue with everything we are doing.

4. "LOVE it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at White Cloud Cigarettes (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment and caring coworkers

Cons

I have no bad things to say. It's a great place to work!

"Don't Do it!!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at White Cloud Cigarettes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nothing I cannot find one good thing to say about this company!

Cons

everything from working open to closes everyday cause of the staff being shorthanded to having to smoke the cigarettes while on duty to the higher management who does not have a clue! I was terminated for standing and eating at the kiosk on my break and not talking to customers.The owners happened to be there watching me.So what happened I was making 11 an hour and they paid me 9 on my last paycheck and also stiffed me on my commission.

Advice to Management

don't try to screw people out of money they earned selling your complete crap products.Or you will in the end lose and get reported to the better business bureau as I did and I got all my money owed back to me.

"Employment Experience is tough, at best"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at White Cloud Cigarettes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Expanding company, but still small business as far as corporate employees go.

Cons

Micromanaged at every step.
    Lots of negative feedback, very little positive feedback.
    Adheres to Work-at-Will and terminated employment without notice or reasons, even when previous reviews were good
    Allows a "friend" to control what others can do and responds to the statements made by this employee without research.

Advice to Management

Better management that can see all sides of a situation and provide feedback that is constructive.
    Stop the micromanagement in operations and allow employees to show what their abilities are without constant criticism.

"Worked for almost 1 year and then was terminated after a 10 hour day and just 1 day before earning a weeks vacation."

I worked at White Cloud Cigarettes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting to be in the middle of a growing company. Innovative and creative are 2 words that come to mind concerning the owners and their marketing team.
    Product is one of the best on the market and customers are pleased with it.

Cons

Operations is a mess. It is obvious this end of the business needs a hard look at and changes do need to be made. You are micromanaged and are constantly told you are doing it wrong. High pressure to be perfect is reflected in the "over your shoulder" watching of everything you do. Rules are changed to fit the situation so it is almost impossible to do anything correctly. Self-esteem building is not one of their strong suits.
    Terminations occur on a regular basis with no explanations or concerns. You just work a full day and then you are called in and terminated. when asked for a reason, there is none.

Advice to Management

Remove the nepotism that seems to be growing and recognize that micromanagement will continue to either push good people out or force them to become dissatisfied.

8. "White Cloud electronic Cigarettes Lies & Steels"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Canton, OH

I worked at White Cloud Cigarettes part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-the managers are so busy hiring because of rapid turnover that they don't bother you too much

Cons

-they will keep your commissions
    -they won't support you
    -lie to you about a part-time shift and give you back to back 12 hour days
    -they will send you to different malls without mileage reimbursement

Advice to Management

Shut down! Product is too expensive and your treatment of employees results in low morale and dissatisfied workers!

"White Cloud Cigarettes Liars, Cheaters, and Stealers"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Youngstown, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Youngstown, OH

I worked at White Cloud Cigarettes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well, my starting pay was like $11/hour + commission, but they never pay their owed commissions!

Cons

1.) They Never Pay the employees the commissions that they owe them. They still owe me over $2000.
    2.) Long Shifts: 12-13 hours and working them back-to-back because employees quit so often from getting screwed over.
    3.) Forced to SMOKE their product while working. I'm not a smoker
    4.) Manager schedules you, changes it, sends you to other area malls and don't pay for your gas.
    5.) "Just work a little extra and I'll get you overtime pay"--didn't happen!
    6.) I was injured on the job. The Kiosk drawer was loaded with product and cut my foot.
    7.) They forced us to lie about the cigarettes and to change words to make them sound SAFE when in fact, the cigarettes actually make you sick. I was sick every day!
    8,) Manager borrowed cash for lunch and coffee and didn't pay me back.
    Too many too list!!!

Advice to Management

Don't Lie
    Don't Cheat
    Don't steal commissions

"Insanity."

Pros

Compensation is better than anywhere else. The job can be fun when the management doesn't interfere.

Cons

Incompetent, constantly changing management. Ridiculous shifts (expect to work 12 hour days), chaotic scheduling. Backstabbing management who have no problem playing employees against each other. Conflicting information about the products. High turnover. Don't expect to work here very long even if you're good at it.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Clearly, you don't. Get a better insurance package, give them a structured week of shifts, and get yourselves together, because you are the most unprofessional and apathetic bunch I have ever encountered.