KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.6
White Lodging Chief Executive Officer, Hospitality Management   Jean-Luc Barone
Jean-Luc Barone

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits with the company(in 65 reviews)
  • "there are several great people to work with and the positive atmosphere spreads to each and everyone.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Great training to set you up as a manager.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Lucky to be under good management and have great coworkers.(in 19 reviews)
  • "There is a lot of great opportunity for growth!(in 13 reviews)
Cons
  • "They bog you down in reports and there is no work/life balance.(in 63 reviews)
  • "Managers have to go through a series of interviews and even talk to a psychiatrist (very expensive).(in 51 reviews)
  • "Bad management(in 48 reviews)
  • "Always understaffed and low pay(in 32 reviews)
  • "Long hours and nights and week enda(in 31 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of White Lodging and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Good Place to Start your Professional Career

Apr 5, 2022 - Front Desk Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

White Lodging is a good company to start your professional career and get your foot in the door of the hospitality industry. Good place to be able to grow upwards.

Cons

Critically understaffed at busy times.

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Associate Engagement

Thank you for sharing this insight with us. We place a lot of value in creating growth and development opportunities and are happy to hear that this has been part of your experience. We understand your concern regarding staffing and are always working to improve. Thank you again for your important feedback!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

May 19, 2022 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company... cares about their people

Cons

Hard working, high expectations from leadership

1 person found this review helpful

White Lodging Response

Thank you for sharing your experience! We value our associates and encourage growth and genuine care and are happy that you experienced those things. Thank you again for sharing your experience!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Grat

Sep 27, 2022 - Line Cook
    Business Outlook

Pros

lots of opportunities within the hotel

Cons

feels like they are always short staffed

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Growth Opportunities & Supportive Environment

Sep 21, 2022 - Director Level Position in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked at White Lodging for almost ten years, I have been grateful for the development opportunities I've been given in my discipline to learn & grow. I have grown close to coworkers both in other field hotels as well as the corporate office, and have felt my opinions taken into consideration every time I have volunteered them. Having worked in hospitality since I was a teenager, I understand that some management roles can lead to long hours and burnout, but I can see the senior leaders in the company are advocating for better hours and work/life balance. My General Manager encourages operations leaders to leave at reasonable times instead of working ten-hour days - it's refreshing to see in this industry that's long been known for burnout.

Cons

With growth, there are always some growing pains to work through as systems and processes that maybe had a bumpy rollout are smoothed out. With the challenges with recruiting post-pandemic, compensation could always be reevaluated to determine competitiveness within each market.

White Lodging Response

Thank you for your tenure at White Lodging. We appreciate you and are thrilled to hear that you are taking advantage of our growth opportunities.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good place

Sep 12, 2022 - Front Desk Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. People are what make the company.

Cons

Lots to know and learn. You need to live company motto

White Lodging Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

Sep 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and great benefits

Cons

Management communication can be sus

White Lodging Response

Thank you for sharing your experience and we appreciate having you as one of our assocuates. We are thrilled to hear you enjoy your benefits and have great co-workers.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

canopy

Aug 24, 2022 - Food Server in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

i work as server full time

Cons

good place to work as server

White Lodging Response

We are thrilled that you have had a positive experience as a server. Feedback from current associates like you is valued and appreciated

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Aug 23, 2022 - Server in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to get in good compamy

Cons

Managment isnt the best overall

White Lodging Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the company overall. You raise some concerns about leadership that we would like to better understand. Please reach out to hrbp@whitelodging as soon as possible and reference this review in your email. In addition, there are also cofidential ways to provide your feedback that can be found on the intranet/displayed in your property. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not a good choice

Sep 22, 2022 - Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wish there was one.

Cons

Low salary, constant turnover, corrupt executives, little to no bonus follow through, 70 hour work weeks, rampant discrimination against women and POC.

White Lodging Response

We are quite concerned with some of your feedback and would like to better understand your specific experience to ensure we address appropriately. Please reach out to us at hrbp@whitelodging.com as soon as possible and reference this review. In addition, as a current employee, we also have confidential ways of providing your feedback that can be found on the intranet/displayed in your property.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Corporate

Aug 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits great coworkers and opportunities

Cons

Very old school corporate, dirty offices, scattered

White Lodging Response

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoy working with your coworkers and enjoy the benefits. It sounds like we have missed the mark in other areas and we would appreciate the opportunity to understand better. Please reach out to hrbp@whitelodging and reference this review, we also have confidential ways to provide your feedback that can be found on the intranet. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 846 Reviews

White Lodging Reviews FAQs

White Lodging has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 863 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at White Lodging to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, White Lodging employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at White Lodging. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

64% of White Lodging employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated White Lodging 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at White Lodging to be coworkers, benefits, career development and the cons to be culture, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with White Lodging Job Seekers