WhiteFox Defense Technologies Reviews

Updated Jan 13, 2021

3.9
WhiteFox Defense Technologies CEO Luke Fox (no image)
Luke Fox
  1. "Excellent Opportunities for Growth"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at WhiteFox Defense Technologies full-time

Pros

- Collaborative team environment - Plenty of growth opportunities - Great benefits - Awesome team of people to work with - Leadership is supportive - Company mission aligns with positive impact I want to make on the world

Cons

This is a fast moving start-up that is growing exponentially. With that comes a lot of responsibility and work. For me, this a pro, but the environment may not be for everyone.

Continue reading
  2. "Lots of potential, but need more Engineers"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at WhiteFox Defense Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Very exciting to be part of a growing company that truly cares about their employees. * The company has a lot of growth potential and opportunities. * So many smart and talented people willing to share their knowledge with each other. * Employees are dedicated to make the company successful.

Cons

* Engineering resources seem to restrict the growth potential. * Struggling to move from a startup to being profitable.

3. "Exciting company to work for!"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at WhiteFox Defense Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Room for growth, experienced upper management team that works with individuals to succeed, unlimited PTO, great team!

Cons

More headcount would be beneficial for the org

"Lies, harassment, and stressful work environment."

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at WhiteFox Defense Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free snacks and the mission overalls a macro level is exciting.

Cons

There is an elephant in the room in every meeting at WhiteFox. It is that everyone is afraid of and hates the leadership. The CEO is unkind and demanding of his employees. The president and all of the department heads are from Raytheon who have come to try and improve them quickly sell the startup. The leaders don’t even get along, let alone do the employees respect or enjoy working for them.

Continue reading

"Terrible Company! DO NOT Work Here!!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

The technology is interesting,-that’s it.

Cons

This was a cool start-up that brought on a new CEO and VP,-who have turned the place into a nightmare. If you enjoy micro-management, humiliation, embarrassment, walking on egg-shells 24/7, no job security, and an overall environment that is abrasive and fear inducing,-then you will love it here. If you do not enjoy being disrespected and treated poorly, then seriously do not work here.

Continue reading
  6. "Kindest/Smartest People ASTUTE Tech"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

After working for small businesses, startups and Fortune 100 companies I understand when a company is aligned and amazing. Luke Fox and his team are so wonderful, down to earth and geniuses. Its an HONOR working for this group.

Cons

We're growing SO fast. :)

7. "Exciting and Innovative Company to Work With!"

I have been working at WhiteFox Defense Technologies full-time

Pros

Great team atmosphere and company culture. There is a clear and mutual respect between the different departments, teams, executive leadership, and interns. It's great to see and be a part of a team that is wholly committed to being at the leading edge of drone airspace security innovation.

Cons

WhiteFox is working to help build an entire industry... which is no easy feat. Because of that commitment, the work/life balance may tilt more to the work side during big pushes and releases. However, offering unlimited PTO allows the employees to manage the pushes with important health, time, and life considerations.

8. "Fascinating startup to work for"

I have been working at WhiteFox Defense Technologies full-time

Pros

WhiteFox has made working less of a chore and more of an interest of mine. The whole team is full of smart and motivated people who are eager to help you, which makes it easy to feel like you're having a real impact at the company. Lastly, San Luis Obispo is an amazing, and underrated place to work. I see a significant amount of growth for the company as well as myself.

Cons

Team diversity is lacking, and company benefits can be improved. But I'm sure both of these issues will change with time.

9. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at WhiteFox Defense Technologies full-time

Pros

-Exciting work -High growth company -Lots of opportunities for learning new skills -Interesting and likable co-workers -Great location - San Luis Obispo -World-class investors

Cons

WhiteFox's diversity isn't great, but management is working to improve this.

"Amazing Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

Exciting, dynamic, challenging, rewarding ... that's just to start. I get to work with some amazing people who are exceptionally intelligent and pleasant to be with. Everyone is treated like an adult, so there is no micromanaging, people take responsibility for their areas, and there is regular opportunity to work with other departments. This is one of the most vibrant and enjoyable companies I have been part of.

Cons

Not many negatives. The largest "con" would be the current office space as it is a little cramped. However the company is about to move into a larger building which will eliminate this negative.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.