WhiteHat Security Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Craig Hinkley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is extraordinary (in 8 reviews)

• WhiteHat has a great open work environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Experiencing some growing pains as of late since the support organization is challenged with more customer assets then ever to service (in 5 reviews)

• Lack of training, lack of clear cut processes in some areas (in 3 reviews)

"Excellent Climate and Culture"

Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meaningful work, Motivated and Intelligent co-workers, Management Feedback

Cons

Lack of training, lack of clear cut processes in some areas

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, people are noticing the changes

2. "Great Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Abundant room for growth.

Cons

lack of clear definitive processes in some of the on-boarding areas

Advice to Management

Please continue the transparency with the employees. The culture is getting better by the day!

3. "Finally found a Great Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've finally found a company with true leaders who really care about the company culture and team. I noticed the difference between WhiteHat and other companies on my very first day. People actually stopped by to introduce themselves (including the CEO!). I was amazed to see how many people come in early filled with positive energy and creative ideas. At WhiteHat, there are endless opportunities to learn, contribute and collaborate. If you are ready for a change and want to enjoy coming to work again, check out our openings and come join us.

Cons

My commute takes awhile, but once I get here, it's totally worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing and thank you for making culture an important part of life at WhiteHat.

4. "Finally reaching it's potential"

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time

Pros

The company is starting to turn around - hitting sales targets, winning new customers from competitors and attracting a strong team across the company. Engineering and product are releasing new products, and with the help of customers, are putting together a strong roadmap for future growth. Fast growth and tons of upside.

Cons

With fast growth comes change and people don't like change. Process changes are still being implemented and will take some time to fully kick in.

Advice to Management

Ensure you continue to be transparent with employees about upcoming change and make sure people understand how / if it will impact them.

"No Filters..."

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

WhiteHat is a unique company with dedicated individuals. There is ample room for contributing and leading. I also enjoy that there are no filters when it comes to information sharing and collaboration within the company. If truly needed to raise something to Executive Management, there is not a political combination to unlock and have access. I believe that the CEO genuinely cares about the employees and WhiteHat's customers. Having many years of experience in Enterprise environments, WhiteHat is a breath of fresh air in many ways. You see a problem, raise it. You know how to fix it? Make a recommendation. Need internal support from Executive team to get it done? Consider it done. I also enjoy that WhiteHat fosters a diverse and inclusive culture for all employees and leadership.

Cons

I truly can't list any. WhiteHat is growing at the speed of light and growth can be hard- but we wouldn't be growing if we weren't doing a lot of things right.

Advice to Management

Keep working to unify and standardize across teams. It is working. Keep communicating changes and vision.

6. "It's a GREAT company!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WhiteHat is a very open minded and diverse culture, with several women on the executive staff which is rare in Silicon Valley. The technology is SOLID.

Anyone still stuck in network or firewall or SIEM world will be replaced. They don't understand AppSec. One of the latest breaches happened because of web app flaw that could have been prevented. Network security didn't detect or prevent it. This says much.

WhiteHat is necessary technology and is growing fast as hell. Everyday that bell gets rung several times with new deals closing! It's awesome!

See some bad reviews? Those might be written by disgruntled employees who don't know how to take responsibility for themselves and be proactive in affecting change.

Cons

Some very minor issues with operational processes but since getting new execs on board and old ones who left (thank goodness), things are manageable and execs actually listen to our concerns.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I appreciate the true open door policy you have and openness to new ideas.

"Head of Operations"

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time

Pros

After six months with WhiteHat, I’m pleased to share I’ve had a very positive experience overall. My engagements across individual contributors to the CEO have all led to insightful, passionate, and growth oriented experiences. WhiteHat has a new and stronger leadership team with solid business, customer and technical backgrounds. Great to see the company growing, winning new logos and retaining existing customers, as well as executing well against its 2017 plan.

Cons

Although no company is perfect, WhiteHat is actively transitioning from the past sins of focusing on everything (bad practice) to narrowing its focus on a smaller more manageable number of strategic priorities (good practice) that will move the needle.

Advice to Management

Increase external advocacy of WhiteHat and industry direction / thought leadership

"Great place to be!"

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great market, great leaders, great solutions! The people in the company are truly committed to success and everyone is working together to accelerate growth and deliver innovative new products.

Cons

Internal processes are a bit immature, but the leadership team is working quickly to address gaps.

"Great company to work. Awesome place."

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time

Pros

The team is amazing. Everyone is so helpful. It is a great atmosphere to work. Flexible working environment.

Cons

Not having cons to report yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great things and continue to value your employees.

"Team was good, company was not"

Former Employee - Software in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Software in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at WhiteHat Security (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing team that did quality work despite obstacles

Cons

Insane schedules, arbitrary deadlines, unfair conditions, death march culture