KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Is this your company?

Add a Review

Whitepages Employee Reviews about "401k matching"

Updated Apr 14, 2020

Found 15 of over 150 reviews

4.4
Whitepages CEO Leigh McMillan (no image)
Leigh McMillan
Pros
  • "Whitepages is a small company with great benefits and good pay(in 55 reviews)

• "Good work-life balance and opportunities to grow your career(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If you want to be a miniscule cog in a monstrous machine, Whitepages is not for you(in 20 reviews)

• "Although we have great benefits and employer HSA contributions, Whitepages does not do 401k matching(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

a

Sales Engineer

313 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "401k matching"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great leadership, company culture, and flexible work-life balance

Mar 16, 2020 - Growth Marketing Specialist in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent leadership, great company culture, and flexible work-life balance. Being part of a small team (30ish employees) gives you the opportunity to contribute and have ownership of your work. You get to work with several other employees, and learn a lot about each part of the business. With big company goals, there is always something to work for and look forward to.

Cons

Although we have great benefits and employer HSA contributions, Whitepages does not do 401k matching.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We’re pleased to hear that your experience has been positive and you’re learning about the business as a whole. Allowing employees to have ownership and learn from each other, as well as being able to impact our company goals is the culture we are striving to achieve. As a small organization, we have looked at how to best use funds designated toward our benefits, and though we currently don’t have a 401k match, in addition to an employer contribution to our employee’s HSA accounts, all employees participate in our bonus program based on company goals. We’ve structured the plan to allow these bonus payments to be 401k eligible, so employees can defer some of these funds for retirement if desired. We continuously evaluate our benefit offerings and appreciate your feedback as we look toward the next year. Thank you for your contributions and we're here to support your continued success!

2. 4.0

Apr 14, 2020 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working in Whitepages Full-time for a little less than 6 months. Transparent leadership, management is aware of their goals and upcoming roadmaps and planning ahead with the market changes. Great opportunity to work with a diverse team and a smart group of people. Good work-life balance and opportunities to grow your career. Since its a small company, it gives you the opportunity to contribute and have ownership of your work. Employee benefits are pretty good and management takes good care of the employees.

Cons

Although Whitepages offers great benefits and employer HSA contributions, Whitepages does not do 401k matching. Being part of small companies you have to wear multiple hats which can be challenging at times to fulfill different responsiblities. Managing the workload is the biggest challenge.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback and insight as a software engineer and the makeup of the teams. We appreciate you hard work and dedication to getting the job done.

3. 5.0

Great Team - Great Product - Great Opportunity - Great Culture

Oct 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

***This review is from the B2B "Pro" side of the company*** - The Product(data): Whitepages Pro offers a unique solution with not a ton of competitors. In the year I have been here, the company has added some very impressive customers. - The People: Whitepages has built a small group of talented, driven, and friendly people. -The Culture: Snacks, Booze, Ping Pong Table, Company Retreat, Happy Hours, Open Office, Bean Bags, Casual Atmosphere, Etc. -The Opportunity: The company is growing and you have a chance to grow with it.

Cons

- No 401K Matching - It sometimes feels like there is a division between the Consumer team and the B2B team

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great people, growing business, rewards it's employees

Sep 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing team of people to work with. Intelligent, motivated, encouraging & team players. It is a really energizing group of colleagues - A great place for self-starters who want to take their professional growth & development into their own hands. Whitepages rewards people who are willing to take on responsibilities and truly own their role and success. - A lot of hard work has gone into both our B2C and B2B products over the past few years, and the usage rate and revenue growth of both in the past 18 months is extremely encouraging. It feels like both business units are on a very strong trajectory of continued growth going forward

Cons

- Lack of a great long-term vision, or at least a vision that has been communicated. We have great individual product teams that are driving their products forward to continue the growth we have seen over the past couple of years, but there is not a cohesive vision for where we are taking the company. This can make it challenging to clearly understand what we are working towards as a greater goal. - No 401K matching

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you for your Glassdoor review. We are happy to hear that you have seen the growth of our products and teams over the past 18 months. We will continue to share the long term goals and vision for Whitepages and welcome suggestions on the best way to do so. If you have other suggestions outside of the All-Hands Meetings and weekly email updates please contact HR. We hope that you continue to grow and build a skillset at Whitepages that will be valuable throughout your career.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

All about appearances

Aug 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Small and tight knit community - Stocked kitchen with snacks and alcohol - Employer HSA contributions, don't have to pay health care premiums

Cons

- No 401k matching - "Unlimited" PTO is in the company's best interests. - Unclear and unsupported career progression. Talking about career ambitions with managers and upper management is awkward, and is perceived as selfish and greedy. - Chaotic management. Multiple large-scale reorganizations and hiring new leadership. - All hands is all propaganda - Multiple random layoffs throughout the year

6 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thanks for providing a review regarding your experience at Whitepages. As a small company we place a lot of emphasis on employees owning the conversations around their desired career progression through our Quarterly Coaching Conversation framework. I’m disappointed to hear that you had challenges regarding those conversations with your manager. We have recently had a manager training to help raise the bar and to encourage managers to engage with employees more often on career progression. We also strive to communicate efficiently and effectively through multiple channels including our weekly update and our bi-weekly All Hands Meeting, but there is always room for improvement. We will continue to explore other avenues for communication and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced and growing company!

May 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Plenty of career development and learning opportunities; the company reimburses classes you may want to take -Senior leadership that truly values each employee and will be on the front lines with you -Strong culture with free Friday lunches and happy hours; there's free beer and lots of free swag like T-shirts and hats -Everyone here works hard, is motivated, and great team players -The work you do really makes an impact on the company; everyone here touches and influences revenue -Unlimited PTO and flexibility in working from home

Cons

-No 401k match, but other benefits (i.e. healthcare) are there -Sometimes there are many competing priorities that are difficult to balance, creating long hours

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We believe that our culture promotes a strong community at Whitepages and our leadership team has continued to place an emphasis on building a positive culture. We hope that Whitepages will be able to help you grow in your career for years to come.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent! I love this company!

Sep 28, 2017 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone is friendly and helpful. No office politics. The CEO Rob's desk is among other employees'. - Good work/life balance - Good office management! - Team events such as kayaking and room escape. - Among five IT company's job offers, I chose Whitepages. - With the ORCA card provided by the company, I pay almost zero for the daily commute. - Hackathon!!! My manager encouraged me to join the hackathon even when there were a lot of normal work to do. Non-tech people were also encouraged to join.

Cons

- Can't think of any except not matching 401k.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Small team, big opportunities

Sep 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of fun reasons to work at Whitepages, many of them outlined in previous reviews. Whitepages has a casual, laid back, start up type culture. We have bi-weekly catered lunches followed by an All Hands meeting, free snacks/drinks, a kegerator and bar in office for Happy Hours, onsite massages, and a fantastic open office space. What truly sets Whitepages apart, for me, is the opportunity to learn and grow professionally that is offered here. We are a small team, and therefore you need to roll up your sleeves, wear a lot of hats, and take ownership to get things done. In less than a year I have learned more and done more in my role here than I could have done in 2+ years with a bigger company. Whitepages encourages this growth in it's employees not just in the autonomy given to it's employees, but also with a learning and development stipend to be spent on continuing education. If you want to be surrounded by smart, talented professionals who will push you to improve and grow - Whitepages is a great fit. I also appreciate the transparency from Whitepages leadership. There are no offices here, the CEO and CFO sit with the team. Our CEO sends weekly emails updating the team on what's going on, and we get insight into the business and different projects during our Bi-Weekly All Hands meetings.

Cons

No 401K match, but there are stock options and WP pays all 401K admin fees for employees.

9. 5.0

All In

Sep 15, 2017 - Sales Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very talented team that is truly invested in the success of the company and is passionate about what they do.

Cons

No 401k match at this time.

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 15, 2017 - Customer Care Agent in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment, people, and leadership are all great. I feel lucky to work here.

Cons

The only con is the lack of a matching 401k.

4 people found this review helpful