Find jobs for Product

Whitepages Productor Reviews

Updated Mar 20, 2020

Found 4 of over 152 reviews

4.9
Whitepages CEO Leigh McMillan (no image)
Leigh McMillan

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing office environment and coworkers

Mar 20, 2020 - Product Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great location and office environment - any time I had a friend or family in the office, they were impressed. Great culture of coworkers that encourage a work+life balance, and support diversity and different view points. From a business standpoint, the senior leadership looks ahead to business trends to ensure that the business will remain viable and adapt to market needs. Great internal mobility too - managers find a way to help people grow and exercise new skills. I'm sad to leave this team, and would happily recommend it to others.

Cons

Not a con, but something to be mindful of: the product is focused around personal data, which can be a sensitive topic. With that said, I've never seen any coworkers mishandle this data, and they've always treated it with the respect deserved. Markets dealing with personal data are in a delicate state right now, but Whitepages is truly sticking to their motto of "data for good" and finding ways to support consumers in the rapidly changing world.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Whitepages Response

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We’re glad that our commitment to using data for good is resonating with you and we will continue to focus on consumer's needs with this in mind. Hearing the positive feedback around employee mobility and growth is very welcome, too. As you’re aware this has been a focus of ours since the Ekata spin-off and will continue to be as we move forward. Best of luck as you embark on your new journey.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company and fit for most

Aug 13, 2019 - Product in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been fortunate to have had a career that has spanned the extremes of business from large corporations all the way to a family business. And, there are Pros and Cons to working in a large corporation as well as a family business. At a larger corporation, you can focus on developing a specific skill set, but you have less ownership and ability to impact the business. While at a family business, your sense of ownership is huge, and your decisions impact the business on a day-to-day basis. But, you're spread thin, and your responsibilities extend across the entire business. Depending on your personality and career goals one size company may better suit you than another. Whitepages sits in the middle - an established successful, evolving, and growing business with a startup feel. I’ve worked at Whitepages for more than 5 years and I can attest to the ever evolving business and product offerings to satisfy customer demands and needs. When I started, we had just released our first B2B product. Years later, there have been acquisitions, spin-offs, failed products, and new products released. But, most importantly, there has been continued success. Whitepages is far from a business on cruise control. Although, the business was established in 1997, every year brings new challenges and growth opportunities. Whitepages.com is a top website attracting millions of users every month with various needs and wants that are always evolving. Identifying and meeting these customer needs requires a team of high-talent engineers, marketers, product thinkers, operations professionals, leaders, and leadership. It’s a full team effort. If you’re looking for: - Ownership and the ability to impact the business immediately - Rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty - Working for a smaller company and wearing multiple hats - Taking the lead, collaborating, and driving successful change - Creatively solving problems, growing, and building new products in the ever evolving technology industry - Leaving bureaucracy, drama, and ego at the door - Stepping up and proving what you can do Whitepages is the place for you whether you’re starting your career or hitting your stride. I’ve been fortunate to have held multiple job titles here at Whitepages, and I continue to expand and grow my career and talents.

Cons

- It’s not a 9 to 5 job; it’s a small company with large ambitions - Not everyone thinks data is sexy - Everyday brings new challenges; you must be flexible and adapt - Taking risks and making big decisions is stressful - It takes work; success isn’t easy

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

May 6, 2017 - Product in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Whitepages has several top-notch people and good collaborative work culture. As a junior/middle manager, I get responsibility and enjoy working with a great team. We enjoy very good work-life balance in the Seattle office, and the office amenities are awesome.

Cons

I like the leadership team, except when they micromanage a lot. Rob, our CEO, tends to give prescriptive instructions and keeps changing direction. Maybe he does not trust his LT, who IMHO are really competent? He is a very good public speaker and friendly person, but it would be so much better if he did not micromanage.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of Interesting Challenges to Solve, some challenges in leadership.

Nov 7, 2015 - Product Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people working for Whitepages are easy to get along with, and do good work.

Cons

Leadership seems to be reactive, and focus on the next thing this quarter, rather than polishing products already launched, or planning longer term.

7 people found this review helpful