Whitepages Reviews

Updated Mar 4, 2021

4.3
Whitepages CEO Leigh McMillan (no image)
Leigh McMillan
Pros
  • "Good work-life balance and opportunities to grow your career(in 24 reviews)

• "Fully stocked kitchen, free lunch every other Friday, happy hours, & really fun intern events like whirlyball & kayaking(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If you want to be a miniscule cog in a monstrous machine, Whitepages is not for you(in 20 reviews)

• "Although we have great benefits and employer HSA contributions, Whitepages does not do 401k matching(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great place to work!

Mar 4, 2021 - Customer Experience Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong Company Values Inclusive Environment Competitive Salary

Cons

They don't match 401k deposits

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing office environment and coworkers

Mar 20, 2020 - Product Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great location and office environment - any time I had a friend or family in the office, they were impressed. Great culture of coworkers that encourage a work+life balance, and support diversity and different view points. From a business standpoint, the senior leadership looks ahead to business trends to ensure that the business will remain viable and adapt to market needs. Great internal mobility too - managers find a way to help people grow and exercise new skills. I'm sad to leave this team, and would happily recommend it to others.

Cons

Not a con, but something to be mindful of: the product is focused around personal data, which can be a sensitive topic. With that said, I've never seen any coworkers mishandle this data, and they've always treated it with the respect deserved. Markets dealing with personal data are in a delicate state right now, but Whitepages is truly sticking to their motto of "data for good" and finding ways to support consumers in the rapidly changing world.

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We’re glad that our commitment to using data for good is resonating with you and we will continue to focus on consumer's needs with this in mind. Hearing the positive feedback around employee mobility and growth is very welcome, too. As you’re aware this has been a focus of ours since the Ekata spin-off and will continue to be as we move forward. Best of luck as you embark on your new journey.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great

Nov 13, 2020 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work.

Cons

I have no complaints to report.

Director, Human Resources

Spam review. We don't employ RNs.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great1

Oct 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great boss and clients to work with

Cons

Some jobs they ask you to do are not so fun

Director, Human Resources

Spam review. We don't have "clients" and have never had employees in MI.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A Great Place to Work and Grow

Apr 15, 2020 - Vice President Advertising Operations in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Whitepages is a small company with great benefits and good pay. Our management is exceedingly transparent with bi-weekly updates on all aspects of the business. Our employees are highly competent, hard working and fun to be around. Because we are such a small company, you will have the opportunity to grow your career in almost any direction you choose. And you will struggle to be bored because we have so much to do.

Cons

If you want to be a miniscule cog in a monstrous machine, Whitepages is not for you. You will have significant autonomy to do your job without bureaucratic overhead; So you will need self discipline and drive to succeed. We have a lot to do and never enough time and people to do it. You will be busy working here.

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your insight on the company. Having been with Whitepages for such a long time, we appreciate your service and wish you continued success!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Exciting place to work

Aug 8, 2019 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Whitepages has about 30 employees, which means it is small enough that everyone knows what is going on. The culture set by management is great - employees are given authority, tools and responsibly to get things done. There is little or no "politics". The whole company emphases openness (regular all hands where financial & business results are shared) & collaboration (people work together to solve problems, often across different disciplines). There is plenty of opportunity to learn about new stuff. The overall feel is a bit like a startup (despite being 20+ years old), but just the good parts of a startup: freedom, responsibility, attitude, openness, clever people, work hard and get rewarded. The physical space is great and reflects the culture: open plan, sit/stand desks, no offices (even for the CEO) so everyone is accessible. But at the same time, it is a work environment, there is not too much noise. In one of the best locations in downtown Seattle with easy access to transit & lots of food trucks and restaurants.

Cons

Whitepages has a good strategic vision and is not constantly changing direction (unlike some other "startup"-like companies), but sometimes these get interrupted to react to something that is happening in the marketplace. Benefits are very good, but can be communicated poorly (e.g. the "unlimited vacation" which is not truly unlimited).

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

Whitepages

Apr 14, 2020 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working in Whitepages Full-time for a little less than 6 months. Transparent leadership, management is aware of their goals and upcoming roadmaps and planning ahead with the market changes. Great opportunity to work with a diverse team and a smart group of people. Good work-life balance and opportunities to grow your career. Since its a small company, it gives you the opportunity to contribute and have ownership of your work. Employee benefits are pretty good and management takes good care of the employees.

Cons

Although Whitepages offers great benefits and employer HSA contributions, Whitepages does not do 401k matching. Being part of small companies you have to wear multiple hats which can be challenging at times to fulfill different responsiblities. Managing the workload is the biggest challenge.

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback and insight as a software engineer and the makeup of the teams. We appreciate you hard work and dedication to getting the job done.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to grow!

Aug 29, 2019 - Designer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Whitepages is a great place if you're looking to make a direct impact with your work and grow your career. We have a great new group of leadership who encourage and empower us to pursue new opportunities in our respective fields. - I don't feel the need to tiptoe or beat around the bush with my manager, we are very direct and open. My manager also treats me like a person, not just an employee. They are very understanding that life happens and the work/life balance is the best I've ever seen at a company. - Whitepages doesn't stand still or become complacent. We are always looking forward and it continues to be an exciting place to work. - The overall culture feels more like family/good pals versus co-workers. Employees go out to lunch together, happy hour, etc. Everyone is just so friendly and welcoming. - We have the most diverse group of employees, especially for such a small bunch. - There are a lot of the typical tech company perks such as snacks, lots of drink options, events, happy hours, lunches, stand-up desks, etc.

Cons

I completely understand the pros of hiring new grads, but we need some more mid/manager level engineers to mentor these youngins.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Small Company with Big Goals

Mar 9, 2020 - Fraud Analyst in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Executives follow through on claims of/beliefs in transparency Because company is so small, managers are encouraged to have employees work on specialized projects Career development is a focus for everyone Everyone gets the chance to know other people in other departments just from a quick stop in the kitchen

Cons

You have to be able to keep your head on a swivel, strategies to meet or exceed goals can change quickly Because of the small company, everyone is held accountable for the things their team is responsible for It can be difficult to get leadership focus on projects that aren't top of mind for certain goals

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to write a review. As a leadership team, we believe transparency in the business is critical, because without transparency, it’s difficult to do your job well. We’re glad to hear this is something that you’ve experienced, and we will strive to continue providing this. Supporting career development also has been a key focus of ours since the Ekata spin-off and we’re glad that you’ve been able to benefit from that as well. Small companies have the advantage of being able to move quickly without a lot of bureaucracy and to your point, that can make it challenging to keep your priorities aligned. Please reach out to your manager or me if you feel that you’re not getting the attention needed to move projects forward or have question about direction. We can work with you to help bring the right visibility to leadership or remove roadblocks if you need some support to get to the finish line or even if you need support understanding where the finish line is. We appreciate your feedback and are dedicated to your success!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great leadership, company culture, and flexible work-life balance

Mar 16, 2020 - Growth Marketing Specialist in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent leadership, great company culture, and flexible work-life balance. Being part of a small team (30ish employees) gives you the opportunity to contribute and have ownership of your work. You get to work with several other employees, and learn a lot about each part of the business. With big company goals, there is always something to work for and look forward to.

Cons

Although we have great benefits and employer HSA contributions, Whitepages does not do 401k matching.

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We’re pleased to hear that your experience has been positive and you’re learning about the business as a whole. Allowing employees to have ownership and learn from each other, as well as being able to impact our company goals is the culture we are striving to achieve. As a small organization, we have looked at how to best use funds designated toward our benefits, and though we currently don’t have a 401k match, in addition to an employer contribution to our employee’s HSA accounts, all employees participate in our bonus program based on company goals. We’ve structured the plan to allow these bonus payments to be 401k eligible, so employees can defer some of these funds for retirement if desired. We continuously evaluate our benefit offerings and appreciate your feedback as we look toward the next year. Thank you for your contributions and we're here to support your continued success!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 133 Reviews