Whitt's Harley Davidson Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Service Advisor"

I worked at Whitt's Harley Davidson full-time

Pros

Able to work in a relaxed environment with friends and learn about motorcycle mechanics and repair

Cons

The management was very overbearing and micromanaged all of the employees to the point where doing your job was meaningless. No employee morale.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage your employees so much and keep the owner out of everything because he is going to run that place into his grave with him.

2. "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Motorclothes Employee in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Motorclothes Employee in Manassas, VA

Pros

Awesome place to work, if I could work here forever I honestly would. The staff is caring on a personal level, including the "president" - they're very helpful and informative. If you are in love with bikes, this absolutely the place to work. I've never felt more accepted and embraced not only into the motorcycle community, but into the Harley Davidson (retail orientated) side. I've met some of the nicest people, and now have a close knit group of ride partners. If you are unsure about something (especially when you're new!) there was always someone willing to help me out. The sales team helped me and anwsered my question and thanks to them I'm on the road on "in the drivers" seat. All the employees here either, ride, ride passenger, spose rides etc so they connect with customers on a personal level and really look for an underlying plan of action for the reason for your visit.

Cons

I only have a few complaints: ideally I'd like to see an update in merchandise on the motorclothes side (not necessarily directed at the dealership more to Corporate) for riders all whom ride all year round - they realize that there are four seasons...not two which the motorclothes is directed to. Also, during the slow season (December through late February) it's crazy slow, sometimes I'm so bored...you can only refold tee shirts so many times!

Advice to Management

Perhaps a little better organization skills would be helpful. I feel like the back rooms definately need to reorganize. And just because your motorclothes employees are young doesn't necessarily mean that our ideas stink!

3. "Fun...if you are in high school."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Pros

It is a very fun place to work! You get to meet new people all the time and you get to be around Harley Davidson motorcycles all day!

Cons

Pay isn't that great, benefits (if you get any) suck, and management treats 'the little people' like garbage. Also, there is no room for creative ideas. You will get laughed at for trying to offer opinions on how to better improve things.

Advice to Management

Embrace change, pay more competitive salaries, and hire more competent mangers. Bring back the old days!!