Whole Foods Market Reviews in North Wales, PA | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market North Wales Reviews

North Wales, PA

4.0
John Mackey

Pros
  • great culture amongst team members (note: experience based on a smaller store) (in 544 reviews)

• Great company to work for with great benefits (in 326 reviews)

Cons
  • Team members are becoming more jaded about the direction of the company (in 481 reviews)

• Some differences when it comes to work life balance (in 94 reviews)

1. "Frozen Buyer"

Current Employee - Frozen Buyer in North Wales, PA
    Current Employee - Frozen Buyer in North Wales, PA

Pros

Good company if you show initiative you will be given opportunities to advance. I did not feel like I was micro-managed by my superiors.

Cons

In recent years benefits program has become much worse.

"I love this company"

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in North Wales, PA
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in North Wales, PA

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, amazing company, good benefits. If you want to work for a company that is changing the food industry, this is the place to be.

Cons

Repetitive, but so is any cashier position. I can't image a store I'd rather work for in a mundane position.

3. "Great part-time job!"

Current Employee - Grocery Team Member in North Wales, PA
    Current Employee - Grocery Team Member in North Wales, PA

Pros

decent pay, store discount, benefits seem good (I'm part-time and don't need the benefits), profit sharing (if the store does good and is under budget, everyone receives some of the profits), environmentally conscious, sustainability effort, helpfulness of everyone that works there.

Cons

I haven't been working at Whole Foods for very long, so I haven't really seen any downsides. So far it seems like a very good part-time job for me.

Advice to Management

At my store the upper management seem really friendly and down to earth. I like their open door policy on any issue that bothers you.

"At Whole Foods you get what you put in, I'm living proof. From TM to TL in less than 3 years."

Current Employee - Grocery Team Leader in North Wales, PA
    Current Employee - Grocery Team Leader in North Wales, PA

Pros

If you work hard, show up on time and ask questions, leadership is on the horizon. I went from a team member to a team leader in less than three years by being flexible and doing my best.

Cons

There aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done.

Advice to Management

Don't forget your first minimum wage job and how you felt about your bosses back then. That's how you are viewed by the people that work for you. The rules are the rules, but this company has a history of putting people before business, and though we've gotten away from that a little in recent years, if we make that a focus again, the profits will return.

Showing 4 of 4,847 reviews