KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Amazon
Is this your company?

Whole Foods Market

Add a Review

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews about "team leaders"

Updated Dec 3, 2021

Found 417 of over 13,298 reviews

3.5
Whole Foods Market CEO  John Mackey
John Mackey
3,408 Ratings
Pros
  • "Friendly Good pay Good management(in 730 reviews)

• "everything about whole foods is awesome(in 560 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor 401 (k) benefits for team members(in 830 reviews)

• "Amazon bought Whole foods market(in 599 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Whole Foods Market and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "team leaders"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Loved working here

Oct 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people were great There’s always work to be done so you won’t get bored Decent pay

Cons

They had a habit of copying and pasting the schedules, so you got stuck with the same shifts until you ask your team leaders to give you other shifts.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

It’s ok

Sep 9, 2021 - Team Leader in Thousand Oaks, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The discount is great, the quality standards are great, most of the people you work with are wonderful people. Great job for college students and a decent place to make a career out of if you wanted. Wages are still somewhat competitive.

Cons

From the perspective of a team leader; they’re cheap. Extremely high turnover. Company culture is non existent. STL’s, at least the ones I’ve worked with, do not really care that much. They place a facade on that they do, but they never help out when it’s really needed. EC’s and Regional higher ups are extremely disconnected from what is going on at store level. Certain bosses are great at micromanaging and not caring about what global level leadership is telling them what to do. The Amazon acquisition has obviously benefited the company financially, but brought down the morale of the employees. Culture has changed drastically from the time I started with the company. It’s obvious that we are replaceable now. Most regional positions are now global, therefore eliminating a lot of positions at the corporate level, which means less of a chance to move up. Labor is cut more and more, even though the store is comping. Hazard pay was short. COVID rules were never really followed at store level.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Flexible schedules and great co-workers

May 14, 2021 - Produce Team Member in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most people you work with will be friendly and easy-going. I made a lot of great friends here and created some good memories. I worked here in college and my team leader was always easy to work with in case my schedule changed. The work isn't too hard and actually enjoyable. I worked for another market in the past and just didn't enjoy it. The customers are great and usually friendly. It really depends on the attitude you project, so come into work ready and put emotions behind you.

Cons

Leadership is important here and sometimes other departments had a lack of morale due to having a bad team leader, or in some cases, even a bad store team leader. My location did pretty well in this area but we did hear about other stores having an issue with this. There were "problem customers" but that's part of any customer service related job.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

One of the worst work experiences I've ever had

Jul 18, 2021 - Frozen/Dairy Department Manager in New Orleans, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, comfortable environment, friendly coworkers, discount on good food, a lot of freedom to do things your way.

Cons

The favoritism alone is extremely discouraging. I watched multiple people with little or no experience get promoted into Buyer, Team Leader, and Associate Team Leader positions they could not handle, so of course, the workload gets passed on to those below. In the store I worked at, there is very little accountability, and I was promoted quickly, so I was picking up the slack for team members below me and getting paid less. I dreaded my days off because I'd come back to a train wreck. Store leadership told me what I wanted to hear and absolutely did not follow through. I put in a lot of time and energy to improve terrible conditions, but it was ultimately on me alone to maintain it, while others skated by. They say there is a open, welcoming culture, but what they mean is that they want you to be quiet, smile, and nod. It was by far the most disappointing work experience I've ever had, as I thought this would be a good company to put my energy into.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Great entry level job but…

Dec 3, 2021 - Team Member in Closter, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company with broad diversity and innovation in the retail field.

Cons

Management is very clique based, work varies on your team leader and store managers.

6. 4.0