KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated May 4, 2021

4.4
Whova Founder Yuanyuan Zhou
Yuanyuan Zhou
Pros
  • "I started with no sales experience(in 5 reviews)

• "Great people to help you grow together(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Like any other fast growing startups, learning is central to the culture here, which I personally appreciate very much(in 4 reviews)

• "Low pay and underwhelming commission plan(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

May 4, 2021 - Account Manager in San Diego, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great co workers, and great place to kick start your career!

Cons

Not much to say here

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Quick opportunities to grow your resume if you want it!

Apr 7, 2021 - Customer Success in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working for a small but rapidly growing start up has so many benefits. If you demonstrate a good work ethic and a desire to add to your skillset or take on new opportunities, this might be the place for you. I have been with the company a little under a year now and have been given new work responsibilities that directly fit into my goals for a 2-3 year career path. Event planning in an all virtual world is brand new, however, Whova have quickly risen to the task and adapted to it and event seen company growth during a time when other industries are struggling. This job requires someone who can learn things quickly and constantly learn of updates to our platform as well as third party platforms we integrate with. Pay is competitive, you get full time benefits, as well as a lot of paid vacation time to spend with your family during the holidays. We have been very blessed to be working from home the entire pandemic. Great company beliefs and culture.

Cons

For when we work at the office again: Depending on where you live in San Diego, getting down to Miramar can be quite a daunting commute., especially with an 8am start time.

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Quick pace and growth

Apr 10, 2021 - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The coworkers are great. Very friendly and supportive. They are truly the best group of people. Good people hired in the company. Clear promotion and progressing timeline if you show great work ethic. If you constantly learn and work hard there are a lot of opportunities in a growing start up like this. Great sales even during the covid-19. It was really busy in sales and a lot of customers came onboard for the solutions. Good and fun time to sell more but also got really busy.

Cons

Fast pace start up. Quick sales cycle and busy hours during the pandemic. Depending on what you want this could be good or bad. It's great to see the company's change during a pandemic, but you also need to change and adapt quickly.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Many Opportunities for Growth

Apr 8, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are many chances to grow and succeed at Whova. If you show that you’re excited about what you do and that you're willing to constantly learn/improve, you are rewarded and recognized for what you do. I came in with no professional sales experience, and was given many opportunities to learn new skills and to develop existing ones. Management is also supportive and coworkers are great to work with as well.

Cons

If you don't enjoy working in a fast paced environment where you have to multitask, it might not be a good fit for you.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Best people & huge opportunities

May 30, 2020 - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I immediately felt apart of the team once I joined. People here are welcoming and very energetic. It makes you feel much easier to get started. Managers coach what I have been doing well, and also give constructive feedback on what to improve during the one-on-one sales clinics. It might be hard to take at the beginning if this is your first sales job. LaterI personally found it's super helpful! Super fast promotion from SDR to account executive. Fastest I've ever seen. Learned to be proactive and problem solving very quickly. It's especially incredible to see how quickly the company adapted in response to the COVID-19 challenge. - Everyone is responding to uncertainty and changes quickly. - Product team quickly pivoted and delivered new product so fast! It opens up new opportunities to create more business. - The company still managed to retain 90% of the employees during the tough time, while lay-off is everywhere. With all the changes the company and everyone is making here, I view the situation a huge opportunity for the company and everyone here.

Cons

- Need to respond or adapt to changes in a positive way. - Work hard and manage time well to handle increasing inbound requests. Good problem to have though.

10 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Learned a lot, built a successful career there

Sep 7, 2020 - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was new to sales, but I learned a lot there. I got a promotion a few months after I joined the team. My managers and colleagues were very supportive and shared lots of useful tips. The product is great, and even during this pandemic there were a whole lot of warm leads. Of course I had to work hard but it was not very challenging to meet the quota. Actually I was over my quota almost every month and got extra commission, which made me more confident in sales. Overall, I enjoyed working there and believe the company will continue growing like Zoom these days.

Cons

As there were many leads, I needed to learn how to be organized, prioritize things and focus on my goal. It is a good company for ambitious people to build a career and move fast to the next level. You would know your hard work can always pay off. But it is not a big corp where we can get a bit relaxed.

6 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to grow and learn

May 31, 2020 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, and endless learning opportunities. Has seen a lot of changes but the company and the product continue to evolve for the better. The culture promotes hard work and rewards great performance. Coworkers frequently hang out outside of the office. Fully transparent with plans regarding the company and employees. I started with no sales experience. Whova provided me with lots of learning opportunities. From learning about software, the event industry, and how to be responsible for customers and persistent in sales. I owe a lot to Whova for my career development. I felt supported by my teammates and supervisor, and many other people in the company. The management was really patient with me when I was struggling in meeting my sales numbers. The executive staff was very reachable and they were more than willing to provide anyone with career advice, etc. If you like to learn and grow your career quickly, this is a great place to be.

Cons

The product and processes evolve very fast and in a good way. If you are not open to continuous improvement, this might not be the place for you.

10 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great opportunity to grow and move up

Jan 23, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you show willingness to grow and work hard you will see opportunities arise quickly

Cons

None that I can think of

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Quick to threaten people with jobs, below- average pay, poor company culture and employee value

May 23, 2020 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Teammates were truly some of the best people I have ever met -Team leaders were great at their jobs and always down to help -Ok place to get experience -Casual dress code

Cons

-Low pay and underwhelming commission plan -expected to work long hours -Use fear and job security as a means to motivate and get you to do what they want -Sales management has no sales experience which can be frustrating -Very focused on getting bought out with little regard for employee well-being or compensation -SDR program is awful- quotas are set at a difficult to obtain number with a focus on generating a number of leads even when the quality of half of them are terrible. Little training, little pay, and high stress. Making calls from home after a full work day -Management can be slow to get contracts approved, invoices generated, forms filled. They can actually be an obstacle in closing deals -Pay attention to the 5 star ratings on this page- most are manager written.

7 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I learned a lot of things here

Sep 22, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working here for almost 2 years. Many things impressed me. The most recent one is how fast the whole company reacted to the pandemic - both in taking care of the employees and quickly improving the product. - Quickly adapt to new challenges and learn new things really fast - Great people to help you grow together - Take great care of the employees (I'm the first among my friends to start WFH when the pandemic started) - Great morale from all the departments. I don't think it's easy given we are all working remotely. - Fast growth

Cons

Not major ones in my mind - hopefully we can get back to office earlier.

6 people found this review helpful