Widen Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matthew Gonnering

1. "A culture of growth and value"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at Widen Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part about working at Widen is the culture. I look forward to seeing the people I work with because they are fun, friendly, and committed to doing great work. There is flexibility in our work schedules and a healthy work-life balance. Widen also provides an environment where you can grow professionally. There are constant opportunities where I'm able to try new things, take on additional responsibilities, and learn.

Cons

The open concept floor plan can be distracting. There are typically breakout rooms available and other nooks you can find to minimize noise and physical distractions around you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I'm optimistic and excited about what the future brings.

2. "Great Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Marketing in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Marketing in Madison, WI

I have been working at Widen Enterprises full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Firm grasp on a great work/life balance. Feel completely trusted, yet motivated to perform.

Cons

Slow to realize importance and assign resources to a portion of the product that has been deemed extremely important by the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

3. "A place to grow"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Madison, WI

I have been working at Widen Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Support and encouragement provided all the way from the top down. Widen fosters and encourages input and is open to change.

Cons

We work in an open environment. Sometimes the noise level can be distracting but it is usually coming from groups who are collaborating, which is not a bad thing

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees. Know who we are, and continue to build the and grow the organization in a manner consistent with our values

5. "Widen"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Madison, WI

I have been working at Widen Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom, flexibility, agility, transparency. Great work environment.

Cons

This is a small company, so it doesn't have some of the benefits you get from working at a larger outfit.

6. "Can't Be Beat"

Current Employee - Software Tester in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Software Tester in Madison, WI

I have been working at Widen Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Where to start: schedule flexibility, fitness classes, fun/casual environment, puppies, beer, social events both on- and off-site, autonomy, respect, trust.

Immediately after being hired, I noticed a high level of trust given to each employee, regardless of tenure or position. There's no clocking in or out or any micromanaging at all -- just get your work done in a way that works well for you and your team. Working from home (or the auto shop) is readily available any time, as is coming in at 10 AM (or 6 AM). Overall, it's kind of like Outback Steakhouse: "No rules, just right." Anyone can make a direct impact on the company if they have a vision and make it happen.

Widen has definitely opened my eyes to things to consider in applying for any jobs in the future and set the bar high for employer expectations.

Cons

With the less-hierarchical structure and (at least in many ways) decentralized organization, it can sometimes be difficult to get things organized or know who to go to for things. This organization can also be difficult for some people to work with who may be more accustomed to traditional roles and relationships.

7. "Thumbs up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Pros

Best company I've worked for--- the people are genuine and have a passion for what they do. The leadership is supportive and makes time to listen to any and all employees. I like the smaller atmosphere, working with 110 people you really get to know majority of your co-workers without even realizing it.

Cons

None really, I was a bit concerned about the open floor plan at first since I've never really worked outside of cubicles but it makes communication so much easier. If you are distracted by conversations headphones and the white noise help tremendously.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employee's, the leadership team for the most part is extremely tenured and I believe majority have the right outlook for the company. Put people in positions based on passion AND experience who have naturally gained respect from their peers and the company will continue to exude positivity.

8. "Love working here - optimistic about the future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at Widen Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Widen has so many friendly and honest people committed to making the workplace a welcoming space. The policy for working from home and flexible hours makes life so much easier, and I feel like I can be more productive and not worry about putting in office hours just to "show" I'm working. I love the projects I'm working on, and I believe they're moving towards a more innovative product.

Cons

The current product is old and needs a lot of work to keep up and outpace its competitors. Many people who work here have been here for over 10 years, so it is difficult to break bad habits.

Advice to Management

Do not rely on the old ways of "Widen thinking" - make sure you utilize all of the new perspective and talent that you're hiring to make sure we're moving forward.

9. "A great place to work and live"

Current Employee - Brand Strategist in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Brand Strategist in Madison, WI

I have been working at Widen Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone has a voice, employees are valued for their thoughts and ideas, and it's great to be part of a growing, innovative company. It's a flexible, respectful environment, led by a CEO who truly cares. The best place I've ever worked.

Cons

The salaries may not be as high as other places, but the life balance trade off is so worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction.

10. "Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Madison, WI

I have been working at Widen Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to switch roles (developer to PM, etc). Freedom to work from home as needed. Great CEO who actually means what he says and is completely transparent. A company genuinely concerned with the well-being and happiness of its employees.

Cons

Product range is a bit narrow, but multiple opportunities to work outside of daily project responsibilities mitigate this.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

11. "All around great employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monona, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monona, WI

I have been working at Widen Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic co-workers, flexibility in schedules, competitive pay, great culture and work environment!

Cons

Need more staff to keep up with growth, good problem, but can often be challengingly busy.